[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /co/'s thoughts on Kingdom Hearts? Are you excited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 17
File: 33820.jpg (804 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
33820.jpg
804 KB, 1920x1200
What's /co/'s thoughts on Kingdom Hearts? Are you excited for the third game and the possibility of marvel in addition to disney? Big Hero 6 has already been confirmed. The BH6 world takes place after the movie ends and alternate universe Baymax is founded by the main villain and turned into a heartless.
>>
>>84225810
Everything after the first game is shit. The story becomes as shitty as Bleach full of terrible OCs and terrible plots. And the gameplay becomes worse (press X to win).

/thread
>>
>>84226176
>And the gameplay becomes worse
Objectively false. Everything else is true, but there's a certain charm to KH's autism.
>>
File: 1449969645403.jpg (24 KB, 302x396) Image search: [Google]
1449969645403.jpg
24 KB, 302x396
>>84226176
>>84226487
>playing for the story and not the satisfying gameplay
>>
File: disney villains.jpg (3 MB, 2288x1920) Image search: [Google]
disney villains.jpg
3 MB, 2288x1920
>>84226521
I stay for the gameplay, but I come for exploring the disney worlds and seeing what disney villains are boss fights.
>>
File: image.png (102 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
image.png
102 KB, 291x343
>>84225810
Every game's difficulty just randomly gets too hard at a single point for me.

I have gotten stuck on every Nintendo title due to the game being playable until a single boss that I can't beat. I love the games and characters, it's just that if I spend three hours on a boss, I should see some progress.
>>
File: KH_Boxart.jpg (776 KB, 1120x1600) Image search: [Google]
KH_Boxart.jpg
776 KB, 1120x1600
>>84225810
>What's /co/'s thoughts on Kingdom Hearts?
I adore it, 2 above all.

>Are you excited for the third game and the possibility of marvel in addition to disney?
Not at all. The wait has been so long that my interest and anticipation has cooled to almost nothing. Ask me again in 2019 when we have something more solid than 2.8 and a couple teasers.
>>
>>84226682
but this is a sony title, anon
>>
I adore the franchise, final mix 2 was just one of the best games ever. Maybe 2.8 will be at par of it, depending on how they make ddds remake. As far as characters, fuck no i would've preffered keeping it disney only. I mean pirated of the Caribbean was cool and all but i don't see Sora in a spiderman or an avengers world
>>
>>84226746
not him, but a lot of KH games released on Nintendo, also I think he's just giving more examples of how he sucks at vidya

>>84226682
yea, KH can be extremely brutal, but not really any of the bosses required to beat the game, maybe the final boss of KH1 can get tough and some organization members in 2, but the difficulty really spikes with the superbosses (I don't think I've ever beaten the phantom in KH1. my friend says he's easier than Kurt Zisa, who I beat no problemo). Lingering Will is literally impossible.
>>
they will make a world based on a disney show. best to hope for is little easter eggs, summons and items
>>
I've been playing Kingdom Hearts unchained X on my tablet. Cute game.
>>
KH3 is literally going to be /co/ the game if Disney Infinity wasn't already. It will have Zootopia, Frozen, capeshit, Gravity Falls, and Star Wars.
>>
>>84226795
>they will make a world
never make
and replying to >>84226559
>>
File: 1438572076186.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1438572076186.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>Warner Bros will never work with Atlus to make a game that's a hundred times better than KH
>you will never have Persona adventures with the Looney Tunes
>>
>>84226877
>tfw no xenoblade and dreamworks crossover
>>
>>84226965
>>84226877
Never Capcom vs Marvel 4
>>
You can wait a while and build up hype and shit but eventually you wait too damn long that people just stop giving a shit and that's kh3 in a nutshell. Kh is my favorite game series and I adore it and am genuinely excited for the game, but my God it should have come out in like 2010. 2012 at the latest. Nowadays it's just kind of killing the excitement that every fucking gameplay trailer we see still ends with "Hurr duurrr still in development!!" Like, at this point it needs to be a MASTERPIECE of a game for the wait they forced us to endure, but that probably won't be the case so it probably won't even be as good as 1 or 2 but easily better than the portable games.
>>
>>84226559
Turbo/King Candy/Cybug would make a sick boss fight
How have they not done the Titans from Hercules yet?
Facilier is probably the only thing they should take from Princess and the Frog

Mother Gothel and Sher Khan would be terrible fights
>>
>>84225810
Great hack n' slash games.

Story is also great if you love insane melodramas written by a madman which I do.
>>
>>84227068
More like you fight the redhead twins while Gothel casts magic from the sidelines.
>>
>>84226559
Darth Vader as a boss would be fucking sweet!
>>
>>84225810
The most cringeworthy and DeviantArt franchise ever devised. The defining trait of a child born in the late 90s is a love for this awful, awful series.
>>
>>84227068
They've done the titans, but they brought them back. KH fans dread Hercules, which has been in literally every installment, but I really don't mind the world since it mostly serves as an arena mode.
>>
>>84227187
>Story is also great if you love insane melodramas written by a madman which I do.

This. Well, I wouldn't quite use the term "great", but that's where the charm lies. Same reason why I enjoy the Metal Gear franchise. You can apply the sentence "insane melodrama written by a madman" to that series as well.
>>
My one complaint is ultimately that I wish Organization XIII hadn't taken over the story, or, perhaps, that it never existed.

At least, I just want Maleficent to be badass again, instead of Team Rocket. Birth by Sleep was refreshing.
>>
>>84227382
This. It became less Disney, and more Bleach.
>>
>>84227382
I really wished nomura went with the original story line for KH.

Originally, Chernabog was suppose to be the main villain and he would have been the souce of the heartless. Disney villains are so much better than the shit nomura comes up with. That's why Chernabog and Julius have such awesome boss fights.
>>
Best thing that came out of this franchise were laughably the secret trailers. Went nuts as a kid when I saw another side, another story and birth by sleep.

The possibilities that went nowhere.
>>
>>84227445
Absolutely agreed.

I also love the idea that the player character was originally going to be Donald, and with a chainsaw, no less.
>>
>>84227202
you have to destroy rapunzels hair to kill Gothel proper lol
>>
>>84227490
>The possibilities that went nowhere.
Sounds like a name for a piece of level design in the games.
>>
File: 1467181976122.jpg (26 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1467181976122.jpg
26 KB, 318x318
>>84226712
KH2 would be my contender for my favourite game of all time if grinding drive forms for any fun and necessary movement options wasn't the worst, most tedious design choice ever. Fuck designing your game to discourage grinding and then necessitate grinding in endgame
>>
>>84227503
I think the chainsaw sword came far after donald was considered. The only art we have of the chainsaw sword is with an early draft of Sora, who was originally going to be half-lion.
>>
>>84227511
oh fuck you this made me laugh harder than it should have.
>>
>>84227303
I've always wanted the Golden Saucer from FFVII as an arena area, sadly they just say fuck FF worlds.

THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT IN THE FIRST GAME
>you never know who you'll run into next
>>
>>84227068
>Mother Gothel and Sher Khan would be terrible fights

Mother Gothel would be a magic battle. We've already had a battle with a large predator cat (two actually), so I think Sher Khan would work.
>>
>>84227490
then you gotta see this shit man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPUkAa0onI
>>
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
>>84227517
you just didnt know where to go man, that shit was easy as fuck
>>
>>84227640
all those side games
all those rehashes of simple and clean
not sure if they did remixes of sanctuary though

y
>>
My biggest problem with the games is the spin-offs. Not that they're unneeded or convoluted, but that they all insist on using that shitty ass "have to keep taking your attention off the battle to shuffle through a list of your attacks" crap. Navigating menus to use items was already the worst part of the main games, I don't know why the felt the need to build an entire battle system around that concept.
>>
File: 200px-Captain_Barbossa_KHII.png (103 KB, 200x449) Image search: [Google]
200px-Captain_Barbossa_KHII.png
103 KB, 200x449
>>84227445
I don't know, it sounds cool but I don't think Kingdom Hearts would have become as memorable if it exclusively used established Disney material.

>>84227382
Maleficent really was useless in KH2. Tons of things were going on in the story with the organization, the DiZ-team and Sora with his friends in-between, Maleficent had nothing to do with anyone and just wasted time. Her death in the original game was great, she should have stayed like that.

imo the Organization should have mostly consisted of disney villains instead of original characters, with Xemnas still at the top. Captain Barbossa for example would have been perfect, he was a man who was swallowed up by his greed many years ago and since then has been living a life of regret and joylessness. That's literally what the Nobodies are about. There are tons of possibilities.
>>
>>84227640
YOU MIGHT HEAR ME SAY
PLEEEEEASE
OH GOSALYN DON'T GO
>>
>>84227876
Well there are going back to the original menu in Kingdom Hearts III.
>>
>>84227519
I wish Sora really was half-lion. Talking animals are as iconic to Disney as human characters; it would have been fitting for the Kingdom Hearts originals to be animal folks, and would give them something else to make them unique.

>>84229283
What about Davy Jones? He ripped his own heart out of his chest and locked it in a box because the emotions were too painful for him to deal with. A Nobody is pretty much exactly what he is, though he wouldn't support Organization XIII because emotions are something he wants to avoid.
>>
>>84229283
>>84229408
never seen a pirates movie. are they good?
>>
>>84226176
Classic "I didn't play any of the games beyond the first one but I still meme about it" post.
>>
>>84227445
>Disney villains are so much better
They're boring as shit, m8.

>Chernabog boss fight
>Awesome
Literally Ursula V2. Ansem battles, Xemnas battles, Roxas and many others beat the shit out of those.

>>84229283
Pirates level was the fucking worst. They should've at least had costumes to fit in but no, they stand out so much and it basically throws the "don't talk about other worlds" into trashbin.
>>
You're a Nobody, Roxas.
>>
File: RokuShi.png (499 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
RokuShi.png
499 KB, 1024x576
>>84229637
>>
>>84229283
Kh3 should rlly have another Pirates world that is based off of Dead Man's Chest and At Worlds End. Heart's in chests. Key to open. Yada yada, there's a lot of potential. Also a Kraken boss would be sick as fuck
>>
I liked it but I hated it more when it became 25% disney and 75% SE in terms of content
>>
I thought it was the coolest shit back when I was a child, but they waited way too long to release the final sequel, and Ive longed since stopped caring about this franchise. Now I just think its really cringe
>>
>>84225810
The world building is really dumb, and keeping up with it is making my brain hurt. Everything they establish about how this universe works gets retconned or simply contradicted. The first game was all right, but Chain of Memories is where it started getting really stupid.

And it's not just the big stupid plot devices that the later games are built around; it's all the little missed opportunities. Everyone who's not a Disney character looks like the same style of human, even the ones who are explicitly refugees from other worlds, even though all the Disney characters define the range for how people can differ in appearance across the various worlds. Traverse Town and Organization XIII and all the other OCs should look more like the Amazing World of Gumball, where nothing matches anything else.
>>
Playing through the first game right now. It's awesome, and I like the story, but doing all this shit for the secret ending is a pain. Particularly grinding to a level high enough where you stand a chance against Sephiroth.
>>
>>84230817
Yeah, the problem was they got sidetracked by all these other games.
So the guy in charge felt like they were constantly working on kingdom hearts, to the point he was surprised when people brought up that it's been a ridiculously long time for the third game to finally come out.
>>
>>84231264
The story is fun mess in the first game, but by the time you get to two you going to get confused as fuck unless you play Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance which tries to make sense.
>>
>You now remember the Ursala fight

I spent like 3 straight hours on that shit because I didn't know what to do
>>
>>84225810
I have only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and I liked them, even though the plot made no sense.

I'm a Disney corporate whore.
>>
>>84226877
These days Warner bros is incapable of producing anything except pants full of shit.

They should either start caring about their franchises or pay someone to care about their franchises.
>>
>>84226682
I ended up beating them in the end but for me it was Melificent Dragon Form in I and the gun guy in II. Both those fuckers stopped me cold when I had to fight them.
>>
>>84231579
>>84231286
The first game's story isn't that complex is it...?

Maleficent wants the 7 princesses so she can use the purity of their hearts to open up a keyhole to the world of darkness and take over all the known worlds.
>>
>>84227727
They just keep reusing Sanctuary.
>>
>>84229427
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: the first one is great, the second one is enjoyable but pure set-up for the third one, which a lot of people on the internet will tell you was too long for their tastes and got boring.

Now I'd tell you to watch the first three, I got a lot of enjoyment out of them, even though Jack's becoming obnoxious half way during the second part. I stayed on board for Barbossa and Davy Jones.

The fourth one, now, is the worst. Not literally the worst movie ever, but the worst of the franchise. It feels so different, the zombies are lame, the new love interest is annoying (but sexy, Penelope Cruz). Jack continues undergoing his flanderization. Blackbeard is great, but his death is shit and he stays a flat and unsympatchetic villain.
The best thing about it is the Jack vs Barbossa bantz.
And the fact that Barbossa rules the seas at the end.
>>
>>84226877
Honestly, WB doesn't really have enough separate and well-loved IPs to really justify a KH knockoff. You'd be better off asking for an Atlus-made DC game (like if Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a JRPG).
>>
>>84229887
>842
If you look at BBS, the only SE cameo is Zack Fair...
>>
>>84231552
>You now remember the Riku fight with unkippable cutscene
>>
File: 1462997534791.gif (69 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1462997534791.gif
69 KB, 200x240
>I wish I had ps4 for kingdom heart 3 and no matter if it is shiiiit
>>
>>84231996
>Forgetting Kh3 is coming out on the PS3
>>
>>84229283
but anon, nobodies actually do have hearts
>>
>>84232018
>nobodies actually do have hearts
They can develop hearts, but only if they create strong bonds with others.
>>
>>84225810
I want darth vader to be in kingdom hearts 3.
>>
>>84231984
I almost lost a friend over that fight

Which is weird, because once I got ready to fight him again in the HD Remix I beat him on my first try.
>>
>>84232192
And the cutscene is skippable, too.
too little, too late.
>>
>>84226682
I got stuck on Demyx in II and Antlion in 328 days.
The former I got past with a friend's help, the latter... I didn't.
>>
>>84226559
>YWN get a new Coded with Heartless King Candy Cybug as the final boss
>>
>>84231984
FUCK that was the one I was stuck on for the longest, no question, and that fucking cutscene
>>
So about the Seven Lights that will fight Xehanort's 13 clone army, we know that the first three are Sora, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Aqua and Ventus with the Seventh Light being Kairi herself. By reading the story preview I bet it goes like this...

>Sora, Donald and Goofy's mission is to find Key to Return Hearts and the Guardians of Light, meaning that he going to find a way to wake up Ven from his coma.
>Riku and Mickey's mission to rescue Aqua, Ventus and Terra from their fates.
>and Kairi's mission might be to protect the Seven Princesses of Light from Xehanort.

So it's pretty much a three playable characters Birth by Sleep scenario.
>>
>>84231984
THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE TAKING KAIRI'S HEART
>>
>>84226746
its a multiplat m8
>>
>>84232379
Here's another thought. We know that the X-Blade will be made from a clash between 7 guardians of light and 13 seekers of darkness.

And we also know that Xehanort was planning to recruit 13 Nobodies to make them into beings of pure darkness, but that didn't pan out, so he decided to use 13 alternate versions of himself as well.

What if the 7 guardians of light follow the same idea? We think that the 7 Lights are either the Princesses of Heart, or the 7 heroes recruited to protect them. But there are alternate Soras all over the place: Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Vanitas, Data Sora... 3D reminded us that all of these are people in their own right and deserve to have their own existence. If they all got hearts of their own somehow, which is entirely plausible in the Kingdom Hearts universe, then Sora would need only one or two more to be the 7 Lights all on his own. It'll also be a good parallel between him and the villains; while Xehanort puts pieces of his heart in other people's bodies to take control of them, Sora accepts other people's hearts into his own body to protect them.
>>
File: Disgusted Dennis.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Dennis.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>84226176
>/thread-ing your own post
>>
>>84231280
Reminder that all of the games are relevant to the saga. Days and Re:Coded being the least relevant.

If you don't play BBS and 3D at the very least you'll be struggling knowing anything about anything and the "SHIT STORY DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE" meme that happened when KH2 was actually a sequel to CoM will repeat itself.
>>
>>84225810
I like the series.
timeline's Zelda tier but the gameplay's fun.
still wish it'd gotten that animated series.
>>
>>84234457
Key->BBS->KH1->Days->CoH->KH2->Re:Coded->3D->3

There's the timeline for you.
>>
>>84234545
I think he means what happened in the timeline, but thanks for the guide!
>>
>>84231984
I will now try to recite that scene from memory:
>Kairi! Kairi, Kairi! Open your eyes!
>It's no use. That girl has lost her heart. She cannot wake up.
>What? You... You're not... Riku?
>The keyhole cannot be completed, as long as the last princess of heart still sleeps.
>Princess..? Kairi's a princess?!
>Yes. And without her power, the keyhole cannot be completed. It is time she awakened.
>Whoever you are, let Riku go! Give him back his heart!
>But first, you must give the princess back her heart!
>AGH!
>*quack* Sora!
>What's...
>Don't you see yet!? The princess' heart is responding! It's been there all along. Kairi's heart rests within you!
>Kairi's... Kairi's inside me?
>I know all that there is to know.
>Tell me... who are you?
>It is I, Ansem. The seeker of darkness!
>So, I shall release you now princess, complete the keyhole with your power. Open the door, lead me into everlasting darkness!
>Sora!
>Sora's keyblade has 'Hercules' written on the side
>Forget it. There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart!

I must've seen this cutscene at least 100 times in my lifetime.
>>
>>84234457
>still wish it'd gotten that animated series

yea, the manga version of KH story-wise is actually far superior to the game. the manga doesn't have nomura's retardedness running it into the ground and is essentially a farce which pokes fun at how stupid a concept KH really is.
>>
Who is your kh waifu mine is pic related
>>
>>84236379
cool xion pic
>>
>>84232379
Nomura said main titles are sora only.
>>
>>84225810
That KH's decision to create unrealistically competent Twat Warriors was bullshit. Aqua is only a fantasy of Girl Power for beta mangina simps to buy into. If a woman is that "strong" (even though IRL they aren't), they wouldn't want your beta asses.

Aqua and the incoming fighter Kairi are just Gynocentric propaganda shit to indoctrinate beta male sheeples.
>>
>>84236511
Oh its you. Well you are still better than scrapper and his love of sociopaths
>>
>>84226559
Gantu was already a boss in a Stitch world.
>>
Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite game series.

But aside from BH6, which is fine because it's part of the Disney Animated Canon and is a very loose adaptation anyway, I don't want Marvel, or Star Wars for that matter, to be part of the series. I don't think it would mesh well with them. For one since they'd most likely use the MCU, it'd be Pirates of the Caribbean all over again.

And I just feel like the worlds and characters used in Kingdom Hearts should be from actual Disney movies, not franchises they happened to acquire.
>>
>>84236511
This is a setting where power mostly has to do with magic and the strength of your heart.

Physical strength has little bearing on Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>84236826
You don't want Star Wars? The first infiltration of the Death Star in A New Hope would literally make a perfect world.
>>
>>84236828
Bullshit. When Riku tried to free Mickey in DDD he called it brute force. Aka physical strength. And let's be honest, KH is pretty Pussy on Pedestal.

The purest hearts of 100% light are....by vaginas. Women are the absolute bringers of purity....men are the 100% darkness. Gotta love that bullshit. Women are nothing like this.

And I'm sick of media pretending and celebrating twats as everything they've never been. Aqua should have died years ago. Kairi is useless without guys protecting her ass and now she's going to pretend to be tough? I feel sorry for whatever villain Kairi beats. He'll eternally be the biggest joke of the franchise because he lost to the inferior sex.
>>
I want to explore Gravity Falls.
>>
>>84236874
Nah, I mean I'd play it anyway if it were in the game, and I imagine it would be loads of fun, but yeah I personally wouldn't include it if it were up to me. I just feel like including movies that Disney didn't actually make but owns now would cheapen the whole thing.

>>84236937
Oh god are you still doing this in every Kingdom Hearts thread?
>>
>>84236984
Why? So Sora can praise and worship Mabel as being right about everything? Fuck that.
>>
>>84237103
kek. I still want to explore Gravity Falls.
>>
>>84236815
Repeat bosses happen all the time. Hell, a repeat boss has been confirmed already for KH3.
>>
>>84236828
To be fair, the heart in KH is composed of having a strong will/consciousness.

IRL women aren't known as having strong wills. They just have sex with whatever invading males are antagonizing their countries. So yeah, the whole "female with unyielding will" cliche? That's a farce.

IRL there have been examples of men who have such strong convictions that the only "cure" to disable that man is...to kill him. Never seen a woman like that and if there was such a woman, she's a glitch in the system because generally women don't have such convictions.
>>
>>84237303
So when are you planning on shooting up your school?
>>
>>84236937
The main character of the games is so purehearted it's silly. One of the main antagonists of the first game is a woman who wants to be the mistress of all evil.

You're stupid.
>>
>>84237613
He's still portrayed as having dark tendencies which did come out in CoM and in KH2. And Maleficent follows the cliche of if she's ugly? It's okay for her to be evil.

You're the gynocentric drone. And don't say Larxene. Bitch is dykish.
>>
>>84237658
>larxene
>dykish
how? she is more of a depraved bislut than dyke
>>
>>84237722
Short hair, flat chest. When a woman cuts or crops her hair short she gives the impression of being a lesbian. Don't say that long hair women don't look more feminine.
>>
>>84226176
Because the story in KH1 is just amazing right?
>>
>>84225810
The whole "crossover" thing is a big fucking joke. The story is really just another Squeenix melodrama that cant work on its own, so they hire wingman Disney to attract a crowd.

The team-ups are fun as fuck, but the fun ends when you have to leave and they can't come with you. The guest stars themselves are only indirectly involved with the story, while Mickey and friends stick around as much as they are allowed. anyway...gameplay over story, to the point that i skip cutscenes im about to see for the 1st time

3DS>2>BBS>1>>>>>any further shit midquel/prequels that dont matter
>>
>>84227517
>>84227644
>finally mac all forms
>I'm now to high a level and 1-hitting all the enemies in base form anyway
>>
>>84225810
>and the possibility of marvel

Ew no. They'd probably just go with their shitty MCU counterparts, instead of an actual 616 canon world like Sora going to Battleworld during Secret War 1
>>
>>84237177
and it's likely going to be a xehanort(s) or maleficent.
>>
>>84239564
Big Hero 6 is confirmed already, and that's sorta marvel
>>
>>84237758
so every KH girl is a dyke then?
>>
I hope Flowmotion is back, I just want to jump off every available surface and never ever touch the ground
>>
>>84236747

Scrapper doesn't like sociopaths he just fights for those who need a second chance. Ironically I saw him defending Larxene.
>>
>>84240999
scrapper you forgot your trip
>>
>>84241385

I'm not Scrapper I just agree Larxene didn't deserve to die.
>>
>>84241558
you said he doesn't waifu sociopaths, but he does, his ultimate waifu is azula for fucks sake
>>
>>84241630

No I'm certain he said his waifu has been and always will be Seras Victoria.
>>
>>84226682
I never was able to finish the first game because I never got the extra puppy in the Whale (and then it became inaccesible to me) so I never could get past Chernabog with the upgraded wind magic
>>
>>84238250
>any further shit midquel/prequels that dont matter
They all matter
>>
File: As I was saying....gif (990 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
As I was saying....gif
990 KB, 480x360
>>84241200
...So Kairi wielding a keyblade, good idea or bad idea?

For me, good idea, it gives her character a purpose again and to appeal to the Aqua fans who want another female Keyblade wielder.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>84231552
>start playing KH at like 1pm
>fight her the first time and lose
>fight her again and lose
>fight her one more time then lose
>grind a little bit
>grind some more
>grind two times longer than last time
>fight her again but this time I'm on the final hit and I end up stuck behind her head
>fight her again and get to the final hit but this time I have no fucking idea what to do
>by the time I'm done it's like 2am and I'm too tired to play anymore
That fight made me want to rip my dick off and throw it in a lake.
>>
so is Roxas gonna get his own body in 3? He seems happy to be with Sora again but in 3D Sora said that he should have his own body.
>>
>>84231552
I remember people saying it was hard.
I remember gaming magazines saying it was hard.

I beat it in first try, easily. No idea why people thought it was hard.
>>84231984
That one though. FUCK THAT
>>
I never had a problem with any of the fights in 1, beyond Sephiroth, and 2 was easy for the most part except for Xaldin. Fuck you you windy bastard. fuck you and your goddamn lances
>>
>>84241733
Bad idea because female characters are useless as warriors. Only emasculated beta mangina simps love that propaganda girl power junk.

You know what's funny? A lot of guys here hate Feminism in stuff, yet they happily subsidize it and pay $$$ when watching movies or play videogames containing unrealistically competent female characters.

You people are your own worst nightmare. You encourage Gynocentric shit. /co/ claims they hate Feminism, but they love and worship Zootopia a movie starring an unrealistically competent twat cop. Fuck you.
>>
>>84242127
did every female in your life beat you anon?
>>
>>84241862
Sora's been set up to save everybody and return them to their own bodies by the end of KH3. Even Xion, who was never really a person to begin with. It's pretty likely Roxas and Namine will end up with their own bodies by the end of KH3, even though they were made whole again by recombining with Sora and Kairi.

>>84241987
The boss that gave me the most trouble in 1, aside from Sepheroth who hardly counts as he was a bonus boss designed to be insanely difficult, was Chernabog.

But yeah as far as 2 goes it was definitely Xaldin. It's the only battle in the game I ever had to have Mickey sub in for me after Sora died. Until that battle I had no idea that was even a mechanic they introduced in some spots.

>>84242127
Who hurt you?
>>
File: wowsomeonehasissues.jpg (45 KB, 477x630) Image search: [Google]
wowsomeonehasissues.jpg
45 KB, 477x630
>>84242127
>>
>>84242206
>Even Xion, who was never really a person to begin with
I'm guessing it's like Nobodies and that things without a heart gain one if they live long enough and experience enough emotion.
>>
>>84242196
>>84242206
>>84242221
Tell me something, what's the benefit in showing female characters and celebrating them as everything they've NEVER been?

Media is indoctrination material. Show a growing boy that twats are competent? He'll believe that lie. And he'll stupidly believe that women are honorable, loyal, have integrity, etc. Basically he'll think women are Men with Breasts. That shit is just an insult to reality.

How come we can write male characters like how men are IRL, but not women? Because women are Hypergamous Briffault's Law upholding parasitic leeches. And telling the truth would hurt their feewwings and as such be politically incorrect. Fuck their feelings. This crap needs to be called out and female characters should be realistic.

I swear to you, a woman would not "die" for their male friends like Aqua did. Not willingly anyway.
>>
>>84242395
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?
>>
>>84240386
It was a shitty movie and nothing like it's source material. Was it really so hard to come up with their own name?
>>
File: 1453688112608.jpg (40 KB, 350x347) Image search: [Google]
1453688112608.jpg
40 KB, 350x347
>>84242127
Bait
>>
File: Vlad the implier.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Vlad the implier.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>84242395
>Implying there have never been female warriors IRL
>Implying fantasy can't be exaggerated or unrealistic
>Implying life imitates art, and it's not the other way around
>Implying you're not arguing from emotion
>>
>>84241733
>...So Kairi wielding a keyblade, good idea or bad idea?
Good idea. It was always kind of unfortunate that the only female character of the main trio was basically a living plot token with no combat or magic ability, while both of her male friends were powerful magical warriors who fought for (and over) her. It's nice to complete the trio by giving her a way to fight.

However, I think it could have been done better. She didn't get her keyblade until the end of KH2, and even after her "this time I'll fight" moment all she did with it was pop some shadows. And that's the only fighting she's done in any of the games. And she hasn't done much with her magic, either. I'm optimistic about Kairi's role in KH3, but they didn't need to wait until the last game in the saga.
>>
>>84243277
Well this is just the end of the xehanort saga.
>>
>>84243319
The fact that they're planning on continuing the story is both absurd and disheartening. It feels like they keep moving the goal posts and it's taken away a lot of the weight from how KH3 should feel.
>>
>>84243371
Eh 3 was always just supposed to be the end of part 1 even before they added shit like khux and ddd
>>
>>84243277
You sound like a beta faggot. Fuckers like you is why Feminism rules Western Civilization. Stop subsidizing Gynocentric crap. And why? So you can pretend that vaginas are worth more than just popping out babies? Fuck you.

Face it, if it weren't for women's wombs? Men would have killed those useless leeches years ago.
>>
>>84243431
King Mickey, you can't keep spouting this creed. Your wife is right there, man.
>>
Love this series

Some annoying as shit though

>The Ansem fight
>Ursala
>Riku cutscene over and over again
>Malificent fight
>Sephiroth fight
>Entire Alice in Wonder Land World

That's in the 1st game alone
>>
>>84243431
Get a new routine already, this shit's getting old.
>>
>>84225810
Used to love the series but was never able to play any other of the games since I only owned the PS2 to play KH1 and KH2.

The hype and love for the games have calmed down quite a lot for me, and even if Kingdom Hearts 3 gets released, I don't really like how it was said that the series will continue after that. I think its a series that has been overstretched.

Also, I am not hyped for Marvel characters to appear in the KH Universe, I think it's unnecessary.
>>
>>84243371
I feel the same way anon.
>>
I agree that the acting is pretty shit
I like the nobody oc's a lot. The depression makes me relate to them the most
>>
>>84245416
Shut up mangina simp.
>>
>>84231984
You know what's funny, I beat this guy no problem when I played through it again a couple years ago. I think it's because when you grow up, you learn things like basic strategy and actually watching the enemy instead of just running up and hitting it without a care.
>>
Loved the series when I was younger, couldn't care anymore nowadays.

The single reason I didn't get a PS3 is because I kept waiting for KH3 to be announced. In the meantime they released spinoff after spinoff on consoles I didn't own, and the story just became more convoluted. Now I couldn't care.

As far as I'm concerned, there was KH1, KH2, and that's it. The story ended there, with Sora making it home and the nobodies all squared away.
>>
>>84245438
I like that all the members of Organization XIII have this thing where they use a specific weapon and a certain element of magic, but I'd like to know if there's a specific reason why that happens. Is it just something that all advanced Nobodies have? Is it because they joined the Org? Why can some of their personal minion Nobodies use the same elements, but others can't? Does Naminé have an element? How does "time" let you turn someone into a cube?

My personal theory is that it's got something to do with Xehanort using all of them as living vessels for pieces of his soul. We see Master Xehanort use several of the same magical elements as the Org members, including ice, earth and wind. We also know that Braig had his space powers even before he was Xigbar, and he was already associated with Xehanort and a willing vessel for his darkness. I think the Org members could have been taught or given their elemental magic, and possibly their weapons, by Xehanort/Xemnas himself.
>>
>>84245496
Fuck off already you goddamn retard.
>>
Square-Enix has produced nothing but mediocrity-failure since the buyout.

FFX and Kingdom Hearts 1 were the last two games made before the merger and everything that follows just exemplifies how far the franchises have fallen.

Not that most of you could tell the difference. Hey, wanna see my impression of a modern Gamer? "Oh hey this game wasn't completely awful and I might be willing to play it a second time even! 15/10 score!"

>>84227254
That and Sonic the Hedgehog, both these franchises are magnets for autism and OCs.
>>
>>84225810

Neat concept, increasingly poor execution. It's becoming just another overly-convoluted Squeenix game rather than a badass Disney crossover.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.