[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Titans #1 Variant Cover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: MikeChoiWally.jpg (205 KB, 1200x1855) Image search: [Google]
MikeChoiWally.jpg
205 KB, 1200x1855
God damn. Stupid sexy Wally.

I'm not sure if the design looks good because Booth isn't drawing it or if Mike Choi can polish shit to look like gold but this looks way fucking better than the garbage we saw in Titans Rebirth.

Stealth Wally/Titans thread, I guess.
>>
>>84219143
The costume is pretty good actually. I just wish Booth's art weren't colored by Dalhouse. I bet it'd look better.
>>
>>84219198

Booth doesn't have Dalhouse coloring on Titans, I don't think, and it still looks pretty crap.
>>
>>84219730
Well, the Rebirth one-shot did have Dalhouse, and issue #1 isn't out yet so I don't know. Is there a preview or something?
>>
File: speedbros.jpg (233 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
speedbros.jpg
233 KB, 780x1200
now that Wally is back, can /co/ finally stop being humongous faggots towards each over the whole Barry/Wally thing?
>>
>>84219997
Why would Wally and Barry coexisting happily both calling themselves the Flash stop any of that? Every GL being around didn't stop people being fags about that and every Robin being around doesn't stop dumb shit about that
>>
>>84220044
I just wanted to be optimistic

I like Barry a little more
>>
>>84219143
That is a nice cover.
>>
>>84219997
The half of /co/ that thinks The Flash is alternately cartoonishly overkill and ridiculously ineffective will go on not caring much about either.
>>
Have they given him a name yet? He's not just going to be Flash 2, right?
>>
>>84219997
As soon as they kill off Barry.
>>
>>84221214
yeah he's just going by Flash
>>
>>84220044
Because Flash Family is love
>>
I wanna fistfuck Wally!
>>
>>84219997
It's still kind of lame that Wally's stuck in the B/C-team book with nothing else. A lot of Wally's draw was his huge cast of supporting characters that he no longer gets, since he just has to deal with boring Titans stuff like the Fearsome Five or whatever. It's basically what the situation was before Flashpoint -- Wally kicked out of The Flash title and showing up in a Titans book no one cared about because Titans was never a good book.

Barry still gets to be on the JL and have The Flash title so it's still kind of stupidly lopsided, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Hopefully Wally's popular and missed enough to sell the book hard enough for him to get his own book.
>>
>>84219143
That's a cool design.
Will he ever wear his Flash uniform (the one with the Batman eyes) again, though?
>>
>>84221214
*Flash 3

Barry is Flash 2.
>>
>>84221620
I hope he gets to be the protag of the Flash book. That way, Barry can focus on his JL duties while Wally gets to protect Central City and stuff. Everybody wins!
>>
>>84221625
Probably not. This is just a recolored Kid Flash costume and that never had lenses.
>>
>>84221685
Barry is never not going to lead The Flash book on any long term basis ever again. At most we'll get shit like Gordon/Dickbats where Wally fills in for a bit before Barry comes back.

Thanks to the TV show and the Movies Barry is 100% the main Flash from now on. Once a character crosses over into that main stream consciousness threshold (like Batman, Superman and Spider-man have been for ages) they never go away for more than a little while.
>>
>>84221685
I could see something like Dickbats happening but I don't think they'll do it because there's that ever present fear that Wally actually did "permanently" replace Barry for a long time that they don't want to approach.

That fear is why Wally's been forbidden for so long, atleast according to Manapul who wanted to use him.
>>
>>84219997
As long as editorial doesn't fuck it up.

Nobody (with half a brain) ever hated Barry or Wally for what went down, it was editorial's fault for basically erasing Wally and his family (and the rest of the Flash Family, effectively, this was never just Wally) because MUH TWO FLASHES TOO CONFUSING.
>>
>>84223328
Erasing Wally was more so out of desire for movie synergy than it was "2 flashes are 2 confusing"

New 52 was pushed by higher-ups in DC (see- Diane Nelson) so that they'd have a more simplified and adaptable line-up for other media. Hence why characters like Wally or the JSA got the shaft for half a decade.
>>
Is it just me or does Wally look like CIA here?
>>
>>84219997
>making sure that their crotches don't touch when they hug because that'd be gay
>>
>>84223328
You say that but everyone and their mother immediately thought, as soon as Flash Rebirth was announced, "Isn't that going to make Wally irrelevant?"

They promised up and down it wasn't the case. Every con panel had multiple questions like that. Fuck I remember Johns going on some old internet forums promising Wally wouldn't be forgotten.

Then Flash Rebirth was basically "Barry makes everyone irrelevant: The Book" and that's exactly what happened. DC swept everything but Barry and...Bart under the rug and that was that.

It was very, very obvious to most Wally fans that Barry coming back makes his character arc suddenly irrelevant. Who cares if he filled in big shoes if the dude comes back? Who cares if he proved he was worthy when the better Flash is around?

I mean, that's still the issue now. We have to wait and see but Wally being stuck in a dead end book like he was Pre-flashpoint is the exact same situation. I just hope they're feeling it out to expand stuff with him. Hopefully the continuation event books on Rebirth, when we eventually get to them, help.
>>
>>84224799
The only thing that'd make that scene better would be Barry lifting Wally into the air like those parents who see their kids for the first time after coming back from military duty.
>>
>>84219997
ComicsAlliance getting triggered over this was funny as fuck.

A Gay Man draws two men hugging and they loose thier minds.
>>
>>84221620
This.

Honestly, killing Barry and Hal would be the best thing for Rebirth.
>>
>>84225815
>Honestly, killing Barry and Hal would be the best thing for Rebirth.
but that would be awful
>>
>>84225722
What could they possibly find offensive about that page?
>>
>>84225865
Johnsfags are just fags
>>
>>84221639
that's going to be weird if Wally asks about Jay and Barry doesnt remember him since hes in a shitty universe. or did it get better after convergence?
>>
>>84226538
It did not get better after Convergence.

Barry has no idea who Jay is and is the original Flash. He didn't get the idea from anyone. Assuming Earth 2 and Earth 0 happen consecutively he was The Flash five years before Jay and is older than him.

Atleast until the JSA come back and people get their memories back or whatever.
>>
>>84226538
Maybe in the Manhattan event it will.

They are bringing the JSA back soon though.
>>
>>84225687

Flash: Rebirth version was something like that. It was cute.
>>
>>84219198
I don't understand how Dalhouse gets work. Everything he does looks really unprofessional.
>>
>>84229613
That nigga was first employed by a literally who publisher in 2004, I think. Some of his earliest coloring work include Lady Death and a Friday the 13th mini.
>>
>>84221308
Yeah, I've seen how Wallyfags love Barry.
>>
>>84229684
(cont.)

His primary employer before his Big Two debut in 2009 was Avatar Press, then BOOM!.
>>
>>84219143
Just cover the top of the cowl, letting the hair out just makes him remain as a sidekick
>>
>>84219143
The costume is great. Booth is just shit.
>>
>>84229863
booth made the costume, anon
>>
File: 1467320872538.png (814 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467320872538.png
814 KB, 1280x720
>>84219143
His face reminds me of CIA. Does anyone else see it?
>>
>>84229613
It's his weird glossy gradient kind of shit. His work is alright when he doesn't do that. See the current Darkwing Duck book by Joe Books Ltd. Not AMAZING coloring, but it looks appropriate, because it's mostly flat colors.
>>
>>84229890

Booth said Jim Lee contributed a lot to costume and deserves the half of credit.
>>
>>84221685
*Keystone
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.