[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What about modern cartoons are you tired of? What do you want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 236x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 236x234
What about modern cartoons are you tired of? What do you want to see done differently?

Is there a lack for an element of timelessness? Is there too much emphasis on aesthetic and too little on character?
>>
I want action cartoons OP the market has no non-anine action cartoons
>>
The biggest issue I see is that most cartoons these days are afraid to be cartoons.

From what's around these days, there doesn't seem to be anything smartly written, or using the elements of a cartoon (like the fact that they're hand-drawn) to the show's advantage for either dramatic or comedic purposes.

The Mickey Mouse Shorts understand this better than any other show airing currently.

tldr; more cartoon logic, less focus on story telling
>>
Intros that aren't only 5 seconds long.
>>
>timelessness

whats this?
>>
>>84217962
Wander Over Yonder is also this, if you're interested. It's the perfect homage to golden age cartoons.
>>
>>84217824
At least we have Samurai Jack.
>>
>>84220512
You know K's more of a guy who prefers boards to convey a story right? And a lot of shows these days are board-driven (which does throw out the whole "written" part of the equation; I can be wrong on this). That said, I agree with what guy above's saying though.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.