[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: DROPPED.jpg (77 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
DROPPED.jpg
77 KB, 250x375
What went wrong?
>>
>>84212891
Its attempt to copy the GL: Rebirth formula felt cynical and stale. GL Rebirth snythsized a bunch of kudzu-tastic mythology into a fresh, unified whole that made Hal Jordan coming back feel like a new direction for the series and the character. Flash Rebirth felt like Johns was going through the motions in order to get Barry back, and Barry didn't need to come back. Barry was bland as fuck. We all know Wally was the best. Also, it ended with a fuckton of Flash-spawn running around, when it should have cleaned up the number of spin-off characters. GL Rebirth gave us back Guy as a GL, but sent his ass to space. Nobody gives a shit about Wally's kids being superheroes.

Also, the Flash-Zoom rivalry felt dated as fuck. Hal vs Sinestro was fun 'cause we hadn't seen it for a long time. But Wally vs. Hunter Zolomon was a) relatively fresh in our memories and b) a lot more fucking interesting.
>>
I had never read a Barry Allen Flash comic before in my life and it did nothing to explain to me why I should want to.
>>
Putting Barry Allen up on this massive pedestal as "JUST THE BEST YOU GUYS" and "THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST SERIOUSLY" center of the fucking universe not only shits on everybody else, but completely misses the point of Barry Allen. Barry's a clever, good-hearted guy that can run real fast. That's all he is, it's all he ever needed to be.

I like Barry, I really do, but DC tried to sell him on the basis of being "ICONIC" and historically important rather than anything to do with his actual personality. Even now, outside of maybe the TV show, I don't think they've quite gotten it all straightened out.
>>
File: 19.jpg (193 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
193 KB, 640x984
Was he right, /co/?
>>
>>84213055
>GL Rebirth snythsized a bunch of kudzu-tastic mythology into a fresh, unified whole that made Hal Jordan coming back feel like a new direction for the series and the character
>lel, the yellow space bug did it. Hal Jordad was a good boy, he dindu nuffin
>>
File: best lantern.jpg (296 KB, 660x1024) Image search: [Google]
best lantern.jpg
296 KB, 660x1024
>>84213337
fair enough, but you have to admit that getting Guy out of that stupid "Warrior" phase was a blessing
>>
And it's funny how Johns completely ignored the personality of Wally's children
>>
I just feel like they really don't need to use Barry's name in TV Shows/movies when they clearly want him to be Wally. The Flash was unique when he was a guy trying to live up to a legacy. It's just incredibly bland when he is another "my mother is dead" superhero.

I love Barry Allen but he works much better as an Uncle Ben to Flashes. It's 2016 and I've yet to see what Flash franchise gained from his return.
>>
>>84213465
same. All I see is downside. People are getting inured to Barry at the cost of losing familiarity with Wally, who is a superior character
>>
>>84213316
What a bitchboy.
>>
Two overt things:

1. The bullshit retcon of Barry's backstory regarding his parents. Total garbage and worse, given that Flashpoint had Barry willingly allowing his mom to die and his dad's life being destroyed simply because Zoom (a known liar and sociopath) told him that there was no way to undo it

2. Reducing Zoom to a Satanically evil petty troll who fucks over Barry's life on every possible level imaginable just because he could.
>>
What if this didn't happened

>Wally/Bart on CWverse?

>the real Zzzzzolomon instead of Wellsobard?
>>
They forgot to actually explain how he came back to life.
>>
>>84213898

Professor Zoom did it
>>
>>84212891

ruining Barry Allen. tragic origin fucks him up.
>>
>>84213388
And what's he doing now?
>>
He shit on Wally and his family to get Barry back as the only important Flash
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.