[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>writers/directors only wanted to make a one-shot adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: Deadpool-HT-reynolds.png (480 KB, 459x595) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool-HT-reynolds.png
480 KB, 459x595
>writers/directors only wanted to make a one-shot adventure of a story focusing on Deadpool's comedy antics and 4th wall breaks
>it was Ryan Reynolds who constantly pushed the filmmakers on giving focus to Deadpool's origin and insecurities
>when interviewers ask Reynolds about Deadpool's motivations he always takes him seriously despite the interviewer clearly setting him up to joke about Deadpool

So let me get this straight, basically we have Reynolds to thank for for not having a full-on Waypool film? Seriously, bless this man.
>>
Reynolds fucking willed the Deadpool movie into existence
>>
Practically the best superhero actor
>>
>>84211880
I like that an adult male's "passion project" was a terrible unfunny family guy flick for 12 year olds based of a shitty comic book character for retards
>>
>>84211894

This. He did a fuck ton of work to make it happen, and I hope the success of the movie really vindicated all of his actions in his mind. It was a good movie and I'm looking forward to him in any follow up material. Especially if he can get in on some Avengers stuff
>>
>>84211957
>He did a fuck ton of work to make it happen,
Pretty much.

Every time I look up interviews about his thoughts on the developmental process it really sounded like a grueling journey for him. It's just amazing to know that he clearly loved the source material, which he said was recommended to him by a director way back as a potential role for him to take on. He said that this was even before the first X-Men film was made so he kinda just sat on the Deadpool comics with no discernible outlook of a film getting made especially since the director who recommended the comics literally got fired soon after he checked them out.

I mean, yeah it's not the most groundbreaking film or anything, but knowing that Reynolds really put his heart and soul into making it happen, and even taking it seriously enough to even be the one to push for any substance in the film? It's pretty amazing.
>>
>>84211956
>incoming regularly scheduled copy-pasta shitposting about the Deadpool film
Mmmmm that tasty pasta.
>>
>>84212162
What's the copypasta ? You've piqued my interests
>>
Good movie. Glad he was involved.
>>
>>84211956
Whoa, slow down there, chief. You might hurt somebody. You might hurt...

Yourself.
>>
>>84212537
Hi Ryan !
>>
>>84212569
Fuck, don't I wish.
>>
>>84211880

>creative force behind a project really cares about the subject matter
>the project turns out to be good instead of a soulless cashgrab

Who would have thought?
>>
>>84211880
I'm wasn't a big fan of Deadpool, but I really want Reynolds to finally succeed in his career.
>>
>>84212616
He's actually had a good career. He's made plenty of money and I excuse folks for movies because I worked for an company that worked on the back end stuff for artists. I remember having this conversation with the business manager for Tina Turner, who before she hit it big again in the 80s had been doing lounge acts (higher end sure, but still, nothing like an arena tour) and all cover shit, and his response was, 'she had kids to feed and bills to pay.'

I've seen the same thing about rap stars, people who had a hit TV show five years ago making $20K per episode for 20+ episodes, for five seasons, but with very little to show for it except a paid off house and a paid off car, and now had to work as a Federal Express driver.

He was in a bunch of crap movies, but hey, so RIPD tank, he was in it with an Oscar winner, so it's not like he's the only person making bad choices in the planet.
>>
>>84212601
What amazes me most is that the creative force is Ryan fucking Reynolds of all people.

Ryan Reynolds was in chick flicks and shit, and somehow made a better influence in the film than the entirety of Fox.
>>
>>84211956

What tumblr did you get this sentence from?
>>
>>84212537
I laughed so hard I showed my wife this post
>>
Here you go copa e pasta
>>
>>84211880
This is why even though people say Deadpool is a meme movie, I have more respect to it than Batman v. Superman.

I mean, this guy was fighting to make a Deadpool movie for 8 years, goddamit, and had the smallest budget, small-time director, and despite the fact that Fox was against it, he proved it could work, and it did wonderfully. It's the exact opposite of what other cape films are nowadays: passionate in it's creation.
>>
>>84211880
He also insisted on giving the proper Green Lantern Oath after Marc Guggenheim wrote it wrong in the script.
>>
What scares me is the fact that since he movie did amazingly good because of him will suits feel the need to meddle with number 2 just for the fact of being Fox idiots.
>>
While it's true that Reynolds put it all on the line to get the movie made, the other factor that led to it being green-lit was how the test footage got "leaked" and the immediate fan response that not even Fox could ignore
>>
>>84213429
Let's not forget that Tom Rothman had his ass fired, who is responsible for nearly killing the capeshit genre all together by fucking up F4, Daredevil, Elektra, Xmen 3 and Origins on purpose
>>
File: 1465769855972.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1465769855972.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>>84211956
Here you have your reply. Please, enjoy.
>>
>>84213392
Apparently an X-Force sequel film is a possibility (as opposed to a literal Deadpool 2), with the film featuring Cable and Deadpool in the group.
>>
>>84213858

Please lords give me live action Domino in comic accurate costume.
>>
>>84211929
It's funny, years ago everyone was making fun of him for how hard he tried being a super hero but failing. It goes to show his passion wasn't the problem, it was the environment the producers allowed/ restricted them to have.
>>
>>84213313
What.
>>
>>84212537
WHEERE DID I GHOO WROONG; I LOSST A FRRIIEENNDD.
>>
>>84211880
Deadpools role is just so tailored for Reynolds!
And he is a fan - what he did was great and refreshing.
>>
>>84213858
Not quite, Deadpool 2 will feature Cable and the sequel to that will most likely be X-Force
Think of it like how we got a superman movie which was followed by a Superman & Batman Movie followed by the big team up movie
>>
Can someone explain this forced narrative that Reynolds and Co. fought tooth and nail against the treidations and incompetency of Fox execs. as if they didnt get $80 MILLION dollars from the studio to make it?
>>
>>84212537
>>84212569
If I had to meet two people on /co/, it'd be Ryan Reynolds to tell him he fucking won the game of being a based mother fucker, and Ben Affleck, just so I can say "it wasn't your fault".

But Ryan's still number one. He'll always be MY number one.
>>
>>84214526
Just look at Wolverine Origins.
>>
>>84214526
They only got the $80 mil after someone leaked the test footage and it got a positive reaction. Fox didn't want to make Deadpool and it was stuck in development hell for like 10 years. They would've dropped it years ago if Reynolds had not kept talking about it.
>>
>>84214526
Generally a shoestring budget relative to how well the movie did, the level of special effects, and even after that there were many action sequences cut due to budget reasons.
>>
>>84214526
>>84214614
Funny thing I read was that Reynolds was at one point tempted to leak the footage himself.

Based motherfucker.
>>
>>84214537
>and Ben Affleck, just so I can say "it wasn't your fault"
same
>>
>>84214526
The budget was $58 million, it was actually cut shortly before production.

Keep in mind, this is the same studio that gave Josh Trank $120 million to do a ton of coke, emotionally abuse Kate Mara and ruin the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>84214644
Didn't he hint at the fact he actually did have something to do with the leak?
>>
File: 536.jpg (107 KB, 600x935) Image search: [Google]
536.jpg
107 KB, 600x935
>>84214526
>>84214642
This. To compare, X Men Origins got 150 million, Days of Future Past got 200, and Apocalypse got 178 mil.

Deadpool didn't get 80 million. It got 58 million.

Fox was practically throwing them a bone to let them fuck up, and maybe get another quick profit like the F4 films, but mostly to save a little face.

Accodring to boxofficemojo, it made them 780 million worldwide.

If I'm honest, I'm not even that much of a fan of the character, but I gotta admit they did a real good job on saving the project.
>>
>>84214614
I'd wanna meet Ben just to ask him his opinion on the Netflix daredevil series, or if he even saw it.
>>
>>84214891
He said that if he knew the test footage would help get the movie greenlit, he would have done it way earlier, but denied being involved in the leak.

Doesn't mean he didn't leak it. It would probably violate some kind of NDA, so even if he did, he'd have to deny it to protect himself from a lawsuit.
>>
>>84214614
And that number was cut to $56 mil 2 days before shooting, leading to cut out at least 2 characters(Ajax was supposed to have 3 henchmen instead of one) and Deadpool's guns from the final battle on top of other cuts I'm not aware of. Unless that $80 mil is the $56 mil and the marketing budget. I honestly don't know how much Fox spent on marketing but I remember that was everywhere for a while (12 Days of Deadpool and such.)

I don't believe Fox had much interest in DP and were relatively hands off (except for not letting them use Cannonball) but once the film was done, they did market the shit out of it and it did over-perform.
>>
>>84214981
>and Deadpool's guns from the final battle

Hah, they did a clever job of patching that hole up. Deadpool WOULD forget his gun bag before showing up to a climactic battle.
>>
>>84214644
I remember something from the DP marketing (like an annotated script page with the notes by Deadpool) accusing Tim Miller of leaking the test footage. I will say, with the buzz it got on social media and post-Obama Reddit, Fox would have to be stupid to not make the movie.
>>
>>84212996
If you would have told me back in the early 2000's that Van Wilder would not only be the chief factor in getting a Deadpool made, but that he would also be the perfect actor for that role I wouldn't have believed you.

Reynolds spent a number of years perfecting himself for that part, so much that I completely forgive Green Lantern.

>>84214981
The film manages to look nice for only having >60million budget. While I hope that future films get the financial support they need, I also hope this is a turning away from overblown special effects.
>>
>>84214929
I still wonder if the Daredevil movie would've been better if Matt Damon played the title character instead of Affleck. I think it would have but not by enough to actually be considered good.
>>
>>84214981
makes me worried how fox will fuck up the sequel now that it's the highest grossing marvel movie fox has
>>
>>84214896
For comparison that's about what the 2012 Dredd movie was filmed on.
>>
>>84215309
It probably helps that the director of Deadpool owns the company that did the CGI effects.
>>
>>84212996
Someone's never watched Smokin' Aces, Safe House or Waiting.
>>
>>84214122
Also probably firing his unseen agent was a good move on his part.
>>
>>84213313
>got the GL oath wrong

Guggenheim what the FUCK man.

I'm surprised Johns didn't kill him for that.
>>
>>84215621
What Oath did Guggenheim wrote?
>>
>>84215062
I think Affleck did fine, it was mainly tom rothman that fucked that movie up by cutting crucial scenes and the budget. He also wanted the costume to be black cause of Spider-Man came out the year before
>>
>>84214526
Reynolds literally begged to get the movie made, to the point of agreeing to less money than he'd normally get so they could make budget. If I'm remembering right, the biggest reason we managed to get it with an R rating is because he was going to walk if they stuck with PG-13. The test footage was definitely leaked (illegally, lots of risk in doing this) by one of four possible people, which included Ryan, the director, or two other guys. He's been very public about how much he wanted this movie to happen and how hard he was trying ever since X-Men Origins happened.
>>
>>84215062
But the director's cut of Daredevil is great. It's like a completely different movie.
>>
>>84211956

Underrated post.
>>
>>84214929
After starring in that piece of shit movie, he's probably got some form of PTSD associated with the character and anything involving him. I want to imagine he finally broke down and tried to give it a shot after months of hearing how great it was only to start hearing Evanescence every time Daredevil appeared on screen.
>>
>>84216079
I think you're confusing "great" with "not completely shit", anon.
>>
>>84211957
>Especially if he can get in on some Avengers stuff

Tom, come on
>>
>>84211880
>focusing on Deadpool's comedy antics and 4th wall breaks
Jesus christ that would have been disastrous. Deadpool works really well as a dramatic character. His antics comes from his entire life being constantly fucked over. When he has basically nothing to live for (and no means to end it), there's nothing left but making jokes about it. That's something the movie got well, imo. I was expecting the worst coming in it and I was really pleased with how it turned out.
>>
>>84215309
Oh shit, Dredd got 45 mil. I didn't know.
>>
>>84212996
It's not just that. Reynold was 'famous' for being featured in the worst cape movies. Peoples we're pretty anxious about the whole thing and I remember some talks about how he wouldn't fit the role.

I'm really glad everything turned out for the better and I wish everything will go as well for the sequels. The worst thing to happen would be having executives meddling on the franchise.
>>
File: 1364986563395.jpg (116 KB, 400x536) Image search: [Google]
1364986563395.jpg
116 KB, 400x536
>>84211880

I knew the Deadpool movie was going to be dope and here's why.

Go back and watch some interviews from around the time of X-Men Origins and Adventureland. Contrast it with most actors playing superheroes these days.

Most actors:

>looks bored
>can barely remember their character's name or background if asked
>"Yeah, well, I wasn't really a "comic book guy" but I really trusted in the script and the director. It's a fun story that's just so fun, fun for the whole family. So fun."

Ryan Reynolds:

>looks excited
>sometimes almost visibly shaking and stuttering with excitement
>looks visibly uncomfortable when he had to lie about the Origins version because he hated it
>knows complete backstory when asked, will not waver from comic accurate portrayal when asked what the movie should be like

Reynolds is the hero comic book fans deserve.
>>
>>84213313
Got any source on this?
>>
>>84214526
An $80 million budget is small potatoes for a modern action movie.
>>
>>84214526

It seems like a lot but $80 million ain't shit for that type of movie and they actually didn't even get that much.
>>
>>84215677
>He also wanted the costume to be black cause of Spider-Man came out the year before

I thought that was Sony, not Rothman.
>>
>>84216079
Well it wasn't great but it was a improvement to pretty good.

>>84216363
I'm dreading that would happen now that it's a success, Deadpool was one of the biggest surprises for me just because on how accurate it was to the Joe Kelly portrayal, a jokester with a sad side to him.
>>
>>84214457
>X-Force Movie
Will whoreverine be in it?
>>
>>84211880
Man, I'm so happy for him. He seems like such a genuine fan and he pushed so hard for all of this. I'm sure it must feel good to be the definitive live action Deadpool. He will be recognized as the character he loves.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.