[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that they were able to get him right when so many other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Ajax.png (307 KB, 848x572) Image search: [Google]
Ajax.png
307 KB, 848x572
Why is it that they were able to get him right when so many other films get their supervillains wrong?
>>
He was a supervillain? He was just evil Kickass. Totally forgettable.
>>
You mean not make him anything like his comic book counterpart?
>>
Because the only defining characteristic of Ajax is that the audience wants to see him die
>>
>they were able to get him right
I wish
>>
He was pretty genetic, bro.
>>
He was fine, but not exactly revelatory. They needed to give him more of a narrative drive beyond "drug dealer", the character had no story going on except waiting around for Deadpool to come kill him.
>>
>>84210471
He was from all super villains the biggest pussy.
>>
>>84211035
They didn't need to. He was fine as is.
>>
>>84210595
Personality-wise he's spot on for Ajax.

Ajax's only distinguishing feature is that he's a sadistic asshole completely indifferent to suffering.

That's his whole shtick. No one remember anything about him other than that and maybe the costume. I don't even remember what his powers were supposed to be.
>>
He was a pretty generic "I'm evil!" bad guy and nothing like his comic version, anon. The movie's flaws were very much masked by the (very good) vulgar humor and action.
>>
>>84211073
>sadistic
>indifferent to suffering

Those are two contradicting qualities though. If you're a sadist, you are by definition not indifferent to suffering. You enjoy the hell out of it.
>>
>>84211069

He at least needed a big weapons deal he was setting up that Deadpool was interfering with. Even dumb-shit 80's action movies where the villains are just drug-dealers at least have the "Well they're setting up a particularly big shipment soon!" as some kind of clock.

Ajax isn't really doing anything of note. He's got some sort of military contract but the movie forgets about that 12 seconds after they mention it. There's no forward drive beyond Wade's revenge.
>>
>>84211169
That's because it's a revenge plot. Wade is after Ajax for his own petty, superficial reasons. Any other elements would have been extraneous -we saw just enough evil dickishness from Ajax that we enjoy watching him die, and that's all we need.
>>
>>84211319
>Why was he so amazing when other movies got their villains wrong, bros?
>Well, we really didn't need to give him depth. I mean, they just needed to show he's LOL EVIL so we could be happy he died.
Okay.
>>
>>84211319

>That's because it's a revenge plot. Wade is after Ajax for his own petty, superficial reasons

Robocop is a revenge movie, that doesn't mean the villains aren't doing things outside of the hero's narrative.
>>
I think his character was done well, it's just that they should've given him a little more focus
He had everything to be like his comic counterpart
>>
>>84211073
This.

>I don't even remember what his powers were supposed to be.
His powers were the same, except later he had a blue cyborg exoskeleton which is why his military fatigues were even colored blue and black in the first place.
>>
>>84211169
He was making super people and selling them as slave labour, then Deadpool proceeded to fuck up his operations. Having it culminate in Ajax kidnapping his girlfriend and then they fight to the death is fine.

Having it be "Deadpool saves the day" by busting up a big superweapon trade deal would have made it like basically every other superhero movie.
>>
>>84211641
I actually like how they combined Dr. Killbrew's role with comic Ajax's general asshole attitude while giving comic Ajax's muscle-assistant role over to Angel instead.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.