[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make Marvel Great Again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 23
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 360x360
Is it possible? How can we do it?
>>
>>84203484
OP here I honestly don't care for either candidate. I just chose the title just to hear how people here would actually want to improve a company that creatively isn't in the best of places.
>>
>>84203200
Purge the liberals and I mean that seriously. The books have become infested with overt political messages and the writers beating you over the head with their political beliefs and social views instead of just telling stories where good guys fight bad guys and engage in soap opera interpersonal drama.

Even the "political" runs of the past decades managed to maintain a mostly neutral political tone overall and it wasn't just a bunch of "WAAAH TRUMP IS A MEANIE! MUH STRONK WOMYN OF POWER!" bullshit with nothing else going on.

Marvel needs to stop fishing for NYT and WaPo headlines and just create good fucking cape comics which is something DC has finally seemed to actually fucking realize themselves. They also need to stop trying to ride the coattails of the movies because nobody is reading the comics who isn't already a comci fan. Nobody is going to fucking read Civil War II just because something bad happened to Rhodey just like in the movies. Fuck off with that shit.

That, again, comes down to the current generation of lazy writers and editors who have no ideas of their own and find it far easier to just ape pop culture and the MCU.
>>
File: deflectionsupergearnouns.png (775 KB, 549x879) Image search: [Google]
deflectionsupergearnouns.png
775 KB, 549x879
>>84203200
By getting people that are based and fearless like Udon has.
>>
>>84203771
Samefagging here but look at this shit:

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/01/marvel-comics-latest-villain-is-monstrous-donald-trump/

What business does this have in a cape comic? Again, writers beating you over the head with their political opinions that nobody reading these books actually wants to know--a complete inability to separate their personal and professional lives--and retardedly aping old story concepts because oh wow Steve Englehart implied that the guy behind the Secret Empire was Nixon, therefore we'll just make every villain a stand-in for whatever political figure we hate too!
>>
Don't buy any of Ewing's books so that he gets a promotion. It's actually retarded how Spencer is being pushed so hard when Ewing's the best writer they have.
>>
>>84203911
OP again. Just wondering what are some must reads by Ewing?
>>
>>84203964
Mighty Avengers, Loki and Ultimates. Don't fall for the New Avengers is good meme. Writing is bad and art is straight up garbage.
>>
>>84204017
This.
>>
For real though, reboot everything ONCE (only once) and try to bring characters back to they're roots. Put Peter back in Highschool, and be the half plucky half angsty crime fighter we all know and love, make Thor the actual God of thunder once more, Captain America becomes the man who fights for American ideals, not just the country blindly, make Squirrel Girl be the wacky side character that doesn't get a whole lot of attention but is saved for periods of time so she doesn't get stale.

Hire actual artist, not bullshiters who trace Google images or make Tumblr-tier garbage.

And hold back on the "Huge, can't miss" arcs. It doesn't work, they are usually really bad, and the status quo always takes effect anyway.
>>
File: 5718fd1655d49.jpg (182 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
5718fd1655d49.jpg
182 KB, 940x529
>>84203854
Got some bad news for ya
>>
>>84203771
Not even "liberals" but "SJW panderers"... there is a huge difference in those two terms. I'm just left of moderate and I think the SJW shit is fucking stupid too.
>>
>>84204168
Yeah really, X-Men were created as a statement on civil rights.
>>
>>84203854
I'd actually be more creeped out by a M.O.D.O.K version of Hillary backed up by the IRS ready to do deep audits on her enemies. Again.

It is shit though, and Marvel's beaten the SJW horse to fucking death. To answer the OP's question though, I'm not sure of what could be done at this stage. Comics in the 70's and 80's did well because writers were trying new and progressive (for the times) stories that were priced at a point where a kid could spend only part of their allowance and get 4-6 issues of whatever they wanted and not break their banks. Those days are gone, the books aren't for kids (in price), and the disposable medium that was intended for them is in this fucked up strange awkward place instead. There's no returning from it.
>>
>>84203200
>fire brevoort
>fire slott
>fire all sjws
>fire bendis
there
>>
File: captain falcon vs old man hitler.jpg (684 KB, 1513x1082) Image search: [Google]
captain falcon vs old man hitler.jpg
684 KB, 1513x1082
>>84204015
But muh kaiju and Sunday morning cartoons!
>>84204202
Fucking white males.
>>
Everyone is saying this shit but Marvel sells more than DC. So obviously they aren't changing anything.
>>
Why did left and right have to become so opposed and so extreme and so awful to each other
Why are people who want love and tolerance hateful and destructive
Why are people who want tradition and order so negative and dismissive
>>
File: APR150797.jpg (117 KB, 659x1000) Image search: [Google]
APR150797.jpg
117 KB, 659x1000
>>84204237
... and X-Men'92 was created to pander to all the complaints that /co/ made about that.
(notice how much that satisfied everyone)
>>
>>84204354
There's acually a rational reason for all of that to have gradually happened over time ... BUT THIS ISN'T /pol/!
>>
It's sorta simple.

1. Get rid of Bendis
2. Get rid of ANYONE that agrees with SJW idealogy. These people are bound to insert that shit into comics, and nobody reads comics to get lectured by some uber liberal heroes
3. Reboot everything for one time in a Flashpoint-fashion. Shit is all jumbled up now, especially with continuity being ignored by Bendis. History needs to rewind so that Marvel can now try to not fuck up again.
4. Make sure that One More Day is made nonexistant in post-reboot Marvel.
5. Cancel Squirrel Girl

>>84204226

That's impossible. At this point, perma-death in the main universe of DC and Marvel is never going to happen. Fucking Barry Allen was dead for years until Final Crisis happened.

Marvel couldn't even fucking let AUNT MAY die. Fucking Aunt May.

The status quo is here and just neverchanging. DC is afraid of Batman fanboys going away if Bruce dies, so Bruce will stay alive no matter what. Likewise, the same goes for Clark Kent, but who knows, maybe in a decade he'll be replaced by his son?

The solution is to do what Marvel did, and just make an alternate universe where perma-death is allowed. Just don't fuck it up like Marvel did with Ultimatum where they obliterated half of the fucking cast in that universe.
>>
>>84204361
>Comics Alliance will publish two graphic novels
>one of them being fucking Deadpool
Throw me out of this train.
>>
>>84204237
No they weren't. The civil rights thing basically came from Claremont looking at the older stories and then drawing that conclusion, Lee at the very least (and maybe Thomas as well) never intended for it to be a political statement no matter what he may say nowadays.
>>
>>84204455
>>one of them being fucking Deadpool

>with co-creator Rob Liefeld on art duties
>>
>>84204378
>>84204487
>>84204575
Fuck off back to your containment board faggots.
>>
>>84204627
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>84204584
Know what's best? It'll sell well and that fucker will get more work and won't ever leave. Whoever decided to get CA to Marvel deserves to have their knees smashed.
>>
File: JimShooter11.15.08ByLuigiNovi1.jpg (190 KB, 1216x1842) Image search: [Google]
JimShooter11.15.08ByLuigiNovi1.jpg
190 KB, 1216x1842
Shooter.

Shooter needs to come back. Shooter needs to cut a dea lwith Disney and boot out Brevoort's fat, useless ass. He needs to be Editor-in-Chief again.

I guarantee you that within a year he'd have Marvel working again. It would be a bloody, yearlong purge, but the end result would be something beautiful.
>>
>>84203200
Get MJ and Spiderman back together.
Get Misty Knight and Iron Fist back together.
Stop all of the crossover events full stop. Even have it freakin' revealed that Ulysses is a plant and the whole thing was orchestrated to cause the CW2 just to throw it in everyone's faces that they are dumb and are acting dumb. If a superhero randomly shows up in another comic I want it to be a BIG deal, like in the old days when it was The Mighty Thor GUEST STARRING THE INCREDIBLE HULK!!!!!

Undo all the gender and race swapped heroes that serve no purpose. Femthor and falcon-cap can go, Spiderman and Marvel can stay because they are actually characters in their own right.

Make new characters or bring back existing characters from the different races and genders. Marvel comics has been going on for decades, they have SHITLOADS of heroes that can pass the torch to a new generation or come back. 3D man during Secret Invasion was a good example of a black character coming into the spotlight.

Focus on strong stories for groups and individual characters, but make sure that the writers actually read the information about the characters.

Less "THE WORLD IS GOING TO END TOMORROW/NEXT WEEK/NEXT MONTH" situations, the comicbook industry is burned out with galactic armageddon. I would rather read about Nova trying to break down an alien slave network that has started abducting humans, or more Spider Duo actually travelling around doing all sorts of Batman and Robin like adventures.

Finally, have every comic script read and reviewed by someone whose job it is to make sure that the writers don't try to use a comic as their soapbox in a "I guess the world wants heroes to be born with a Y chromosome when I just want to talk about tampons" mockingbird situation.
>>
>>84204721
that would be the best thing ever, but to be perfect it would need to retcon a lot of stupid stuff, i can't tolerate anything brand new day era from spiderman and many other status quos are beyond awful
>>
>>84203780
But they HAD Cho, no idea why he's gone though. Didn't Butcha-U (Hentai Artist) do a Variant for them?
>>
>>84204721
that would be too good to actually ever happen
>>
>>84204734
This post makes me hard.
>>
>>84203200
just fire all the liberals

maybe then we can get back to getting great stories, instead of sjw, liberal propaganda trash where every white, straight male character is a loser or comedic relieve so that the trash female and minority characters can look good in comparison

I still can´t believe that most left leaning marvel writers have such a hatred for men.
>>
>>84204571
It was in the fucking dialog of the fucking comic, you shitposting shit-for-brains shit of your shit-eating whore mother.
>>
>>84204721
I don't think you could find 10 young writers in the whole industry that would stack up to Shooter's requirements. There's an entire generation that grew up with nothing but company-spanning crossover events and have been conditioned to write with only that in mind.

Shooter would basically have to make Marvel into the Expendables and have everyone working for him be 45 years of age, minimum.
>>
>>84203200
Really the issue comes down to that when Marvel actually makes decent books such as Vision, Moon Knight or Black Panther - It's a tiny run.

Reminder that X-Factor had a 50 issue run during modern era not that long ago but there's no possible way they'd do that now even with renumber/relaunch
>>
File: sucy.png (44 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
sucy.png
44 KB, 200x200
>this thread
>>
>>84204815
As if that would be a bad thing. Not that the aged don't have their own supply of cunts, but so many "young talents" are manchildren of the highest order.
>>
>>84204815
there are many awesome writers and artists who don´t have a job in comics, recruiting new actual competent talent would be a lot better than just making bendis write 30 series a month or having erica henderson draw a comic at all
>>
>>84204821
You know you're making a big mistake by judging an entire political group by retarded shut in kids on Twitter and Tumblr.

I'm not even a leftist, btw.
>>
>>84204821
Do you actually believe this or is this some sort of weird false flag because either way you look like an asshole
>>
>>84203200
>get rid of the yearly status quo changes THAT WILL CHANGE MARVEL FOREVER!
>Stop the shameless relaunches and renumbering.
>Get better artists/writers

stop relying on your marketing team and just make your shit better Marvel. All-new/All different under preformed and they know it, the customers are getting the fatigue of the constant relaunches.
>>
>>84204796
>just fire all the liberals
Literally all of the creators are Liberals.
>>
>>84204821
This is basically exhibit a of "why you shouldn't learn all your politics from the Internet"
>>
>>84204881
Yeah, until you get a J. Michael Straczynski. Relative outsider, acclaimed background, and nothing but trash once brought into the comic world.
>>
File: 3292801211.gif (66 KB, 430x864) Image search: [Google]
3292801211.gif
66 KB, 430x864
only a massive purge from the editor in chief on down through the writers and artists can right this ship
>>
>>84204894
>Get better artists/writers
Actually I don't think that's a problem. Marvel has good writers and artists, they just don't know where to put them. For example Spencer, give that fucker lightheaded fun books, maybe Young Avengers with Miles, Kamal and Sam. Or Waid, give him an Avengers roster he cares about. Give him Busiek era Avengers roster. Give Hastings more work. Get Ewing high profile books. Keep Bendis contained to 2 books. Ease Lemire's and Soule's work load and keep Lemire away from team books. Also their output is best on experimental titles.
>>
>>84204433
>The solution is to do what Marvel did, and just make an alternate universe where perma-death is allowed. Just don't fuck it up like Marvel did with Ultimatum where they obliterated half of the fucking cast in that universe.
This is what DC was going to do with Earth 2 until they, you guess it, obliterated half of the fucking cast in that universe. And then brought in killer Batman, evil Superman bizzaro-clone, etc.

The alternate universe thing will only work if they first set some ground rules for the writers, i.e. DON'T USE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO GO KILL-CRAZY YOU FUCKHEADS.
>>
>>84204933
Fuck off. His Spider-Man is awesome. His Thor had potential. His SS was good.
>>
File: velocifaggot.jpg (192 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
velocifaggot.jpg
192 KB, 640x637
>ITT: people not even old enough to vote discussing politics and comic books
>>
>>84204968
Can you /pol/tards fuck off. Seriously.
>>
>>84205026
>keep lemie away from team books
damn, you nailed it, i loved his animal man but justice league united bored me to death
>>
>>84204378
>these Mitt Memes
Boy you're gonna be disappointed.
>>
>>84203200
Once again: Moot was a complete pussed-out asshole for not deleting /pol/ before he left. Worst decision he ever made, besides creating the cancerous thing in the first damn place.
>>
>>84204899
and all the storeis are shit

your point being?

maybe marvel needs to be more liberal and impress diversity of thought instead of pointless diversity of skin color and gender
>>
>>84205063
No seriously fuck off. I don't care about your shitty politics, I'm here to discuss comic books. Clearly you're not contributing.
>>
>>84205048
During my second year of college two year back I remember reading a thread on /v/ and going "Jesus Christ, these people all talk like I talked in high school" and I had this moment of revelation where it all clicked into place and I realized that's because half of them are still young enough to be in high school.

It's made it a lot easier to laugh off most of the shit that gets posted here. The average person on /pol/ or /co/ discussing politics isn't old enough to have even taken any college-level classes on polisci of sociology or any of the shit they claim the be experts on, which is why these debates always devolve into the regugitation of catchy slogans and buzzwords and facts carefully assembled for image macros. It's kind of cute, now that I finally get it.
>>
>>84205045
OMD
M
D
>>
>>84203854
This is the stupidest thing I've read from Marvel in a while.
What's the point of inserting your political agenda into a fucking comic book.
You're reading it for superheroes and adventure, not to learn how much the writer hates Trump.
>>
>>84205095
should you be more angry about liberal comics book writers in that case that literally portray the republican presidential candidate as either a nazi, terroist or weird space monster

/pol/ didn´t politicalise comics. the left did it always does with any form of entertainment. I think you are more angry that people openly criticize Obama and the left since you were told since childhood by the media that you can only be a good person if you vote left.

if you want to hear the same left leaning opinion over and over again why don´t you just go to facebook or reddit? serious question not even trolling
>>
>>84205092
>and all the storeis are shit
No they aren't. Marvel's current output, some of it is pretty good. Most creators, be it DC or Marvel are Liberals. No, what you need is good editors who can tell writers to keep their politics out of the book if it's inappropriate.
As for diversity, Marvel's doing fine with Kamala, Miles, Cho. Sure they have shitheads like Aaron or Taylor but diversity boogeyman is blown way out of proportion.
>>
>>84205141
Inhumans are way bigger priority that need to be gotten rid of than Mutants.
>>
File: herzog.jpg (51 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
herzog.jpg
51 KB, 300x306
A hard reboot
>>
>>84205115
Wasn't his idea, neither the execution. Have you actually read enough comics child or are you spouting memes?
>>
>>84205152
Right wing authors politicize their fiction just as much as liberals do
>>
>>84205152
>implying I'm a "liberal"

Liberalism and specifically Neoliberalism are the prevailing ideologies of the bourgeoisie to be honest, but the solution is to go as far hard left from conservatives as possible, not further right.
>>
>>84205158
>Marvel good output
this is where we disagree

I also think you didn´t get what I meant about real diversity. Diversity in Race or Gender is just pointless diversity. what really matters is diversity in opinion. What I meant is that Marvel should hire more right leaning people and not just the same far left leaning writer that thinks that every republican is a nazi. but since marvel is run by lefties and since lefties have a serious problem with accepting different opinions that is never going to happen
>>
>>84205152
Goddamn you really are a shitposting retard that gas clearly never read comics. Take your (You) faggot and spend them wisely. /pol/ meme so fucking real.
>>
>>84203200
Get rid of JQ for starters. Marvel needs someone in that position who actually knows Marvel continuity and what people like about the characters, not some asshole who just wants to get his shitty friends jobs and who is all about pushing cheap gimmicks.
>>
>>84205213
You fucking moron. If you've read comics if British invasion or 70s or 2000s, congratulations, they were all written by fucking liberals. Have you actually read a single comic anon or are you a meme spouting autist?
>>
>>84204721
Agreed. Brevoort and JQ are both fucking awful.
>>
>>84205177
>defends OMD and JMS
>thinks he can insult anyone, ever
You trying to kekel my shekels or something, fella?
>>
>>84204815
Then go outside the industry. Writing for comics is a step above pumping out romance novels and airport terminal blockbusters.

There's talent at every corner, they just have to look for it.
>>
>>84203200
Make them Left Wing Free, oh.
>>
>>84205333
They just need to stop hiring friends and friends of friends. Why do we think guys like Hopeless, Slott, and Tieri get work at Marvel?
>>
>>84205257
liberal of the 70s would be considered conservatives nowadays. most of theri works would be considered racist and sexist by the modern left nowadays

why do you bring up the past when we are talking about modern comics?

as it stands the modern left is full of people with terrible ideas be it male privalge, straight privalge, white privlage, rape culture, everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything promotes rape culture, gender is a social construct, women are superior to men, different opinion must be silenced etc, etc

which is why the quality of comic books have suffered nowadays
>>
>>84205184
no they don´t they usually get prevented form sharing their message at every possible opportunity by liberals

here watch this interview talking about what it´s like to be a conservative in a liberal run industry.

even has a black man making the points since according to the left it´s more important who says it then what is being said in the first place. starts at 50:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqVNPwsLNo
>>
>>84203771
This, I'm fairly socially liberal but the preachy bullshit needs to stop
>>
>>84204433
>The status quo is here and just neverchanging. DC is afraid of Batman fanboys going away if Bruce dies, so Bruce will stay alive no matter what. Likewise, the same goes for Clark Kent, but who knows, maybe in a decade he'll be replaced by his son?

See, you don't understand how these characters work, son. They can't be killed permanently because they're archetypes. They're icons. They are beyond those rules of storytelling at this point. Batman will always be Bruce Wayne and Superman will always be Clark Kent because that's how people know them. And they are the reason these characters work. Anything else would be too convulted and frankly, crazy. You just want change for the sake of change.
>>
>>84204721
Jim Shooter was a fucking hero. Frankenstein mother fucker makes you get shit done.
>>
>>84205115
>I HATE THIS ONE STORY, SO IT MEANS THE WRITER NEVER WROTE ANYTHING GOOD FOR THE CHARACTER
Fuck off, his Spider-Man was mostly great.
>>
>>84205206

>the solution is to go as far hard left

This is an 18+ website, for your information.
>>
>>84205428
Well, you're agreeing with an outright bigot who's spouting hate and demanding censorship of speech.
You're not "fairly socially liberal", you're either lying to /co/ or you're lying to yourself.
I don't care what one it is, just stop demanding some asshole version of the comics code authority mindset white-wash away anything resembling the real world.
I enjoy having comicbooks exist, and you are calling for their destruction.
And when you vote Trump, and we both know you will, remember that you do it because he IS you. Right down to the core of his every last word.
You were just too much of a coward to admit it.
>>
>>84204933
>Straczynski
>trash
>after spiderman, thor, superman

2/10 you made me reply.
>>
>>84205797
People easier remember your bad work.
>>
>>84205884
Go back to /pol/ please
>>
>>84205886
>superman
Whoa, m8. Slow down.
I love his Amazing Spider-Man and think that Thor was enjoyable, but his Superman is godawful and so was his Wonder Woman. In fact, I have no idea why he stopped trying when he went to DC
>>
>>84203200
Sacrifice Stan Lee to Jim Shooter so that the grand wizard can come back young and virile to take the reigns away from the retards and slap people who need five across the eyes.
>>
>>84205921
His Earth One is somewhere between average and good.
>>
>>84205921
His DC works in general is pretty average.
>>
Put Spencer on more stuff, but tell him to tone down the retarded twists that only exist to sell comics.

Fire Bendis. Abandon all Bendis-influenced characters.

Fire the entire team of Squirrel Girl and Hellcat.

Fire whoever let Tom King go DC exclusive.

Captain Marvel dies forever and Monica takes her title.
>>
>>84205996
Also purge the entire Spider-Gwen team and give whoever started the Gwen meme a bleach cocktail.
>>
>>84205098
>determining your political leanings from a stale, classroom environment

Fucking rich shits.
>>
Fire everyone and start over.
>>
>>84206012
ESPECIALLY Spider-Gwen's shitty artist. I had a better sense of motion in my shitty high school doodles and his art is doesn't have outstanding paneling and isn't even pretty enough to make up for that.
>>
When they bring back the swimsuit issues, I'll know it's time to buy Marvel again.
>>
File: 1394664208501.jpg (94 KB, 624x564) Image search: [Google]
1394664208501.jpg
94 KB, 624x564
>>84206087
>dat spooky Ghost Rider swimsuit

I remember when Marvel was fun and produced stories that were thought provoking.
>>
>>84205758
>You just want change for the sake of change.
Add onto that I find most people who want "change" seem to ironically stick to the rigid idea of legacy as change. So really they only want so much change.

It's about as dynamic as switching out a red triangle in triangular hole for a blue one. Everything has to comfortably fit within an already existing pre-established mold to give the illusion of shaking things up while literally playing safe.

I mean to me the very idea to me that sane people will willingly erase their own identity to sub for Bruce doesn't feel like a coming of age. It feels like they've been conditioned to believe they're disposable and to think that's noble when really it's psychotic. They're literally just a replacement to keep what they believe is a more important idea than themselves alive until the next set of spare batteries arrive.

I guess people who grow up with these sort of things find some kind of allure or connection to them based on which version of a character was around during their childhood and how it shaped their thinking, but that ain't me.

Wouldn't it be more a testament to their growth and what they've learned from their elders if a character invented their own identity like the originals instead of just waiting for a hand-me-down?

Don't get me wrong, it can certainly surprisingly work out like in the case of Batman Beyond, it's not always a bust but often Legacy for the sake of Legacy is the death of writing and originality. Characters end up becoming a checklist of homages, modern takes or subversions. Walking "This Ain't Your Dad's X".
>>
It all comes down to a stronger, more professional editorial department. It always does. That is why the Shooter era was the company's golden age. Sure, he was a tyrant, but he was passionate about the job and kept a tight rein on things. After he left everything went downhill. Look at the 90's where you had no strong editorial department. You had marketing suits making major decisions, you had editorial reorganized into the most incompetent set up imaginable, you had Tom DeFalco using the EiC position to give himself his dream writing gigs, you had goddamn Bob Harras.

You've got to have editors who know their job, are passionate about the job, and are willing to stand up to creators and suits. Strong editorial is absolutely vital. It keeps things cohesive and directed.
>>
>>84206203
But muh liberal writer boogeyman.
>>
And, y'know, I'd be totally willing to give DeFalco another shot at the EiC chair. He admits he did a piss poor job and abused his authority the first time around.

Of course, even if he was just as bad as before, it'd be worth it to have Slott have to answer to him for a while.
>>
>>84204171
Going that back wouldn't work . You'd be removing essential character development that those characters had.But yeah i agree they should probably reboot each character individually and go back to the most simple point in time that still allows for interesting stories to be told.
>>
>>84204721
This.
>>
>>84204171
Rebooting characters is stupid and is far from progress. The last thing Marvel needs now is for fans to leave like DC fans did after new52 reboot.
>>
>>84203200
By re-reading the stuff you grew up with in your formative years.
Read only this, as all that deviates from it will aggrevate you.
>>
>>84204171
Rebooting is pretty stupid. It's not like Marvel writers are rehashing the same old stuff. Marvel just needs writers who can write something new like Milligan did with X-static, Morrison with X-men, Batman and Action comics.
>>
>>84204766
No, it was homare and chiba toshirou (who drew the She-hulk cover, which is someone he drew a doujin of)
>>
>>84205152
>>84205184

Fuck off. you're the reason why this medium is going shittier and shittier. Stop politicizing everything and let me enjoy things. I'm reaching a pointin which I can't buy a comic book/ game in fear of yet another political bullcrap. I'm fed up with htis bullshit.
>>
>>84203854
If Trump wins, I'm legitimately concerned about what comics are gonna look like. I expect half or more of them to feature Trump villains and lectures in every issue.
>>
>>84207541
Oh his ass would be in EVERY comic as President Evil.
>>
>again
>implying
>>
>>84205369
good post honestly
>>
>>84205884
LOL, someone's all hot and bothered. Seriously, go suck farts on /pol/.

Besides the fact that both candidates are about as crooked as The New Guy's penis, this isn't the place to be bitching about your political leanings.
>>
File: 1887 was a good year.jpg (194 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1887 was a good year.jpg
194 KB, 517x768
>>84204433
>Get rid of ANYONE that agrees with SJW ideology.
>>
>>84203780
OP asked for great, not even more shit
>>
>>84204721
After Shooter left, I honest to god lost interest in Marvel completely but I'm glad he still had some fighr left in him or we wouldn't have Valiant
>>
>>84205255
>>84205268
JQ hasn't been EiC for a long time. Sure, he gave us OMD and No More Mutants, but at least he was able to attract talented writers and contributed to some of the strongest runs of modern Marvel.

>>84206203
Has the right idea. And personally, it all falls on current EiC Axel Alonso, who lacks a spine and gives us all this SJW and Inhumans crap. Marvel needs a new EiC.
>>
File: ..webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
..webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>84203780
>>
File: 3687379-khonshu.jpg (1 MB, 1988x1202) Image search: [Google]
3687379-khonshu.jpg
1 MB, 1988x1202
>Stop movie pandering, let the comics flourish on their own. Playing constant catch-up is just pathetic.
>Slow down on events and crossovers.
>Get rid of "6 issue arcs" and other such bullshit. Let the writers/creators do their own thing for each individual series
>Settle on ONE point of relaunch and just continue as normal from there.
>Use Bendis less

They'd never do half of that, but that's the best group of suggestions I have. The way I see it, they need to do one of two things: 1. They allow each series/creator do their own thing and flourish in different directions. Or, 2. they need a very strong creative direction by someone competent. A Kevin Feigie for the comics.
>>
OP here. Is there anyone in the industry today that's like a modern counterpart to Shooter that Marvel should hire? Or should they just rehired Shooter?
>>
>>84208661
Asian scum is so ugly.
>>
>>84208788
Shooter was one of a kind. Well there were DC editors too that were really good. If you're asking which is the best editor currently in industry (big 2), that would be Mark Doyle in my opinion.
>>
File: shiggy robin.jpg (38 KB, 313x353) Image search: [Google]
shiggy robin.jpg
38 KB, 313x353
>>84203200
>Make Marvel Great Again
>Great Again
>Again
>>
>>84208890
Well memed friend :^)
>>
>>84203200
>How can we do it?

You stop buying Marvel comics which pander to libs. Or boycott Marvel altogether if you want.\

What don't people understand about "vote with your wallet"?
>>
>>84208919
>characterfags being able to resist their urge to see how their favorite is gonna be dicked over in next issue
>>
>>84208899
accept it, anon. it hurts because it's true
>>
>>84203200
Destroy them.
>>
>>84203200
Simple, we killed the Perlmutter.
>>
>>84205886
>spiderman
>>
>>84209253
OP again. Why hasn't Disney gotten rid of him yet?
>>
Why all the hate for Ms. Marvel? Hasn't she evolved into a good character in her own right at this point?
>>
File: 1459464510447.png (87 KB, 197x300) Image search: [Google]
1459464510447.png
87 KB, 197x300
>>84208809
>>
Perlmutter and Bendis need to go, for starters.
>>
Money talks. Stop buying every goddamn thing they put out.

Go to your local LCS and bully the clientele if you have to, but nothing will change until people stop buying all the bad shit Marvel puts out.
>>
>>84203200
Stop buying bad comics.
>>
>>84208788
When will the shooter meme end. Shooter drove away most of Marvel's top talent and it resulted in Marvel being complete shit in the next decade. There are better editors than shooter.
>>
The only thing that can fix Marvel now is a complete restructuring of the entire company and starting over from zero.
>>
There never was a time when any comics were great OP. You see them as such because of the time that has passed. Just as many people back then complained about stories being preachy then too and minorities being added.
>>
>>84203854
You /pol types love to talk about free speech except when the speaker is saying something you don't like. Fuck off.

No one is obligated to push your particular political beliefs. You believe something different? Write your own fucking comics. You can put as much racist and "women are useless" garbage you want in your own comics.
>>
>>84210004
Shooter's rein of terror ended with Gruenwald Cap, JMD on Spider-Man doing Kraven's Last Hunt, Walt Simonson Thor, Peter David Hulk, Nocenti Daredevil, Michelinie Iron Man, Englehart West Coast Avengers, Stern Avengers, Louise Simonson X-Factor and Power Pack, Claremont X-Men and New Mutants...

Yeah he drove away a lot of talent, but they had more than enough to spare.
>>
>>84209538
I think he owns a portion of the company.
>>
>>84205088
cut off one head and two more shall take its place
>>
https://youtu.be/gfXREnLwA10
Get rid of all the writers who want to use capes as as a way of indoctrinating our youth
>>
>>84205917
>>84208294
>/pol/
Did you even read his post?
>>
File: TheHeroTheComicsIndustryNeeds.jpg (97 KB, 477x600) Image search: [Google]
TheHeroTheComicsIndustryNeeds.jpg
97 KB, 477x600
>>84204721
Bring Back Shooter
>>
>>84211699
Jim Shooter. The savior of comics
>>
File: 20160405_025715.jpg (115 KB, 365x347) Image search: [Google]
20160405_025715.jpg
115 KB, 365x347
>>84203200
Fire Quesada, Slott, Brevoort and Bendis.

And that's it. Everything else will improve on its own.
>>
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 306x165
>>84211223
Yeah, youth indoctrination is bad.
>>
>>84203200
Get rid of the New York influence

Stop hiring creators from there
Stop baseing stories from there
>>
>>84210468
found the Hillary supporter
>>
>>84205213
Everyone on planet Earth has a problem accepting differing opinions.
>>
>Make Marvel Great Again
>Make Comics Great Again
>Make Disney Great Again
>Make Imagination Great Again
>>
File: 1466911833751.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1466911833751.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
It's just the fact that comic book writers are beyond shit. Even webcomics are a grade above comic books.
>>
>>84204409
This "reason" has been in effect since day 1 of the entire comics industry, so it's irrelevant as an explanatory variable.
>>
>>84210468
Really putting words into mouths m8
>>
I say delete it all and restart, with different character and ideas. I mean shit, its been nearly 100 years with the same characters. It'll also be a little more respectful to the characters themselves if they want to stuff it with sjw shit, they could make there own.
>>
>>84213278
>Jeph Jacques
>David Willis
>Aaron Diaz
Nah.
>>
>>84213975
Western culture has been shaped in such a way that brand recognition is the number one most important aspect of the consumer market. What you suggest is idiotic.
>>
>>84214818
Isn't Marvel on its own enough band recognition? I mean you dont see Ghibli or Pixar (atleast till recently) repeat the same shit over and over, and they do just fine. Just slap a Marvel on the cover if you really need to, just come up with an entirely new universe/characters.
>>
>>84213975
New characters are not Marvel's strongest point.
Yeah, I know a lot of people waifu Kamala, that still doesn't make her actually good. After her, most of Marvel's new characters from this decade are either agonizingly bad or completely forgettable
>>
>>84204823
>tiny run
combination of good writers would rather keep their better ideas for the original work and there's a good chance they'll be expected to tie in to the yearly world shattering event
>>
>>84215335
Why not repeat variations of the same idea, like Morrison does?
>>
>>84204823
Black Panther is shit, anon. So the less we see of Coates, the better.
>>
>>84207541
OK but imagine if it's literally Trump MODOK instead of a human stand in
>>
>>84211365
Did you? 'Cause all I saw was incoherent bitching
>>
>>84203200
Fire Slot
Fire Bendis
Fire Loeb
Fire Quesada
???
Profit
>>
>>84207541
This would actually be hilarious. Literally every villain in every comic would be a trump replica. Thousands and thousands of Trumps. They could even make an arc with all the Trumps uniting together and the whole marvel universe has to stop them.
>>
>Get rid of all the shit clickbait events.
>Stop pushing failed literally who titles and try to focus on fixing the big titles' quality.
>Get rid of the X-men/F4 embargo.
>Crash the Inhumans' plane.
>Bring back Hickman and Remender and let them do whatever they want.
>Push the industry's veteran writers ( Waid, Robinson, Ellis ). Maybe put Waid on Spider-man.
>Basically, do the Marvel's equivalent of DC's Rebirth: trying to fix main characters and their relationships ( F4 reunion, Peter back with MJ, etc ).
>Reinvent the X-men from the ground-up ( no more recycled stories, completely different team line-up, etc ).
>Push the Graphic Novel line-up, by finishing Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. and Gaiman's Miracleman and releasing Tartakovsky's Caged and R.R.Martin's Dr. Strange.
>>
I have had this idea to fix American comics for a while.

Basically you eliminate the universes and continuity between all the books.

A writer/artist team picks some characters. Then they just get to make a book that tells a specific story. Running for how ever many issues they need to properly tell it. The book as no effect on anyone else's book.

So team A makes a batman book. Where Batman rapes the Joker while Gordon watches. Team B can make a Batman book where Gordon rapes the Joker while Batman watches. Team C can make a Joker book where he rapes Batman while Gordon watches.
>>
Bring back Jemas. Best Marvel has ever been.
Morrison X-men
JMS spider-man
Ellis nextwave
Ennis punisher
Rucka Wolverine
Milligan X-force
Bendis Daredevil
Max imprint
Icon was a great idea under Jemas even
>>
>>84217031
Jemas drove away Morrison. Otherwise Morrison would've been the architect of Marvel rather than Bendis.
>>
Drop every American cartoonist and writer and replace them with Japanese people
>>
>>84217115
>Jemas drove away Morrison.
What did he do?
>>
>>84212498
Obama had shit like this, too. Music teachers had kids thing "Obama's Gonna Change It."
>>
File: 06-nixon[1].jpg (230 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
06-nixon[1].jpg
230 KB, 600x889
>>84207541
We already had this decades ago with Nixon. And got stuff like Giant-Sized Man-Thing or Secret Empire out of this. We even had later snipes at him - like Watchmen or Marvel: The Lost Generation.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>84217115
>Somewhere, there's a universe where Morrison never left after New X-men was the architect of Marvel.
>They have Marvel Boy 2, Marvel Knights Nick Fury and, most likely, a Spider-man run with Quitely on the interiors.
>>
>>84217031
Just don't let Jemas write anything himself. Lest we forget Marville.
>>
>>84217134
Morrison was brought in by Quesada, not Jemas. Jemas shot down Morrison's work and wanted grounded work from Morrison.
>>
>>84207541
I'd be more worried about censorship, considering Trump has already said video-game violence is a problem...
>>
Trump will deport Quesada after getting elected. So you know what to do, brethren.
>>
>>84217210
It's almost like both sides do the same shit but pretend that the other is Satan for doing it.
>>
>>84216525
You know that's not what it would look like. They would have Kingpin rant on about liberal agendas while Silver Surfer mopes around the US in disappointment trying to figure out how the spawn of Satan got elected president.
>>
>>84203200
Again? Kek!
>>
Marvel's problem is that they peddle silly escapism for children, but they want to be culturally relevant. Add to that a bunch of SJW pandering and you get the hot mess that they are now.
>>
>>84203854
>the left continues to REEEEEEE at laughable levels as it spasms, continuing to shill to the left who only ever even buy comics when movies come out and not for long
The industry needs another crash
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.