[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post /co/ characters you just feel sorry for.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 19
File: Unwanted_Spouse_3632.png (122 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
Unwanted_Spouse_3632.png
122 KB, 300x229
post /co/ characters you just feel sorry for.
>>
Is there one western cartoon where it's not entirely the husband's fault for why the marriage is bad?

It's always "husband is still a manchild who struggles with self-esteem issues and possibly an abnormal sexuality"

The wife/mom is always seen as flawless whose only mistake is marrying the guy.
>>
>>84202961
The OP proves you wrong.

Bloberta and Clay are both terrible.
>>
>>84202961
OP's pic is a good example.

Bloberta just married Clay so she wouldn't be the only non-married one among her peers. Plus she started him on the path to alcoholism (although he should've stopped himself after the first night) plus cheated.

They're both shit.
>>
>>84202901
In a sense, this works. It's like how I viewed Anomalisa; like it makes sense why they are the way they are and I do feel sorry for, but they're still kind of pieces of shit.

At the very least Orel/Lisa get out from that situation and show its possible to turn out alright despite rough upbringings/events.
>>
>>84202961
Bloberta is a piece of shit too, to be fair. In fact, it's basically her fault they were married in the first place despite not being in love.

Only other one I can think of right now is Cheshire and Roy from Young Justice.
>>
>>84202901
the eds
>>
>>84202961
The show constantly points out how terrible Bloberta is though.

Another one is Rick and Morty, while Jerry is very much what you described, Beth is also shown to be a bitter alcoholic whose insane daddy issue's put's her father over the safety of the rest of the family and even her own children.
>>
Should've just posted the entirety of Moralton desu.
>>
File: The Nobody is a failure.png (2 KB, 150x233) Image search: [Google]
The Nobody is a failure.png
2 KB, 150x233
>>84202901
So it's not /co/, sue me. Someone should make it into a comic or something.
>>
>>84202901
>mom dead or gone
>father works late and leaves early
>stays up to say goodnight
>has shitty grades because she's always tired from that
>not the best looking and knows it
>love interest will never return her affections
>only has sports to look forward to
>most of her peers are near disability levels of shitty

Patty has had a hard life.
>>
File: sw.jpg (19 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
19 KB, 210x240
>Morbid Headset for braces
>Speaks with a lisp
>Lost a leg
>Sits alone
>Poor grades
>Only one who likes you is an anti human robot who only likes your headset
>>
>>84202961
This and the "dad is a moron and the mother is the sensible one who has to babysit a full grown man" trope that's in, what, 99% of cartoons drives me up the wall.
This might be a personal thing considering my mother was an alcoholic monster who demonized my oncologist father because she has a goodies bag worth of mental problems and paranoia to the point of lunacy, and my father is an absolute saint who I genuinely idolize and strive to be like. But hey, that's life.
thank you for reading my blog, remember to like, share and follow.
>>
File: 1464584695367.png (43 KB, 85x122) Image search: [Google]
1464584695367.png
43 KB, 85x122
Does this guy count?
>>
>>84204448
Dont forget, anon. Even though life seems hard sometimes, life is beautiful. And Even though your mom is fucked up, she still loves you, in her Own twisted way.
>>
File: 2124785.jpg (24 KB, 233x310) Image search: [Google]
2124785.jpg
24 KB, 233x310
The entire basis of his character is "Hey, what if we had a guy who fucked up everything he possibly could?"

Every episode about him is just 22 minutes of him getting shit on, and when he does pull off something that could improve his life (i.e. Kahn's mom, his special family BBQ sauce, governer Ann Richards, etc.) it's either A.) totally undone by the end of the episode or B.) totally forgotten about in the next episode.
>>
>>84203889
Shit game. Plus it isn't a comic/cartoon.
>>
File: 4_137.jpg (150 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
4_137.jpg
150 KB, 1000x1500
>>84202901
>>
File: LISA.gif (282 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
LISA.gif
282 KB, 500x319
>>84203889
One of the storyboarders from Clarence made this if it's any consolation.
>>
>>84204537
That's what makes her hard to hate. She's bipolar among other things so I'll get 40 texts about how she wishes I was dead one day, and she'll be a normal, sweet old woman the next.

I believe that growing up in a home with an abusive parent(s) makes you a stronger, more resilient, emotionally hardened adult, so in a way I owe how well I'm doing in life to her.

Now that's enough blogging, let's get back to the subject of the thread.
>>
Crange from He is a good boy. He's in the same boat as Clay and Bloberta, he's such an awful asshole but he's so pitiful he garners some of my sympathy.
>>
>>84204563
Didn't something happen to Bill in the military that made him nearly retarded? Or did his marriage falling apart just destroy him?
>>
Clarissa
>>
>>84204563
That's the point of Bill though.

His best years were high school then it crashed and burned.
>>
File: 1454558120897.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454558120897.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>84204563
Mike Judge said he wants to show the Homer Simpson stereotype in the most realistic, depressing light possible. Because as funny as Homer is, Hank has what it takes to survive in the real world and he stands out as a leading man because of it.

Don't feel bad for Bill, he made himself into Bill.

Feel bad for Cotton who has no shins.
>>
>>84202961
i thought it was always, "the husband is lazy/alcoholic/dumb and the wife is naggy/demanding/rude"
>>
File: 1479559690350.png (1013 KB, 747x673) Image search: [Google]
1479559690350.png
1013 KB, 747x673
>domineering parents
>unrequited love
>older sister overshadows her in every way
>extremely low self-confidence
>fat
>>
>>84204467
If I ever feel bad for him, I just remember all the legitimate, helpful criticism he receives and blows off. It's been his own fault too many times.
>>
>>84202961
How was it Clay's fault. Bloberta basically tricked him into marrying him, and never loved him from the start. She also the one that started his drinking. Clay was pretty straight laced until they got together.
>>
File: Sad Pacifica.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Sad Pacifica.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>An abuse victim.
>Genuinely feels awful for her past actions.
>Is personally ashamed to have come from the world's worst chain of families.
>Her parents are stuck-up cowards and are downright abusive towards her.
>Never got the love she rightfully deserves, until Northwest Mansion Mystery.
>Amazing potential for a solid redemption gets severely neglected by Hirsch's literal stress.
>Gets separated from her only legal parents due to Bill Cipher's madness. She even admits that despite their treachery, they are still her parents.
>Had to spend a few days in a shack with a lifestyle she's not quite adjusted to yet.
>Gets turned into a tapestry by Bill.
>Is denied a genuinely happy ending, despite Gideon, an even worse child, earning his own.
>It is unknown how she will cope with her new lifestyle.
>Amazing relationship with Dipper goes nearly nowhere, despite that meaningful gift in the end.

If that does not qualify for feeling bad for an animated character, you probably have no soul, and you should be ashamed of that.
>>
>>84204580
Scott or Lisa?
>>
>>84205530
I see this character posted every day and I still dont know who it is. Reverse image search gives me "cartoon" with no results
>>
>>84208428
She is from Harvey Beaks
>>
>>84204615
>I believe that growing up in a home with an abusive parent(s) makes you a stronger, more resilient, emotionally hardened adult,
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that's only true for some people. For others, they become unstable like the parents, either in different ways, the same ones, or a mixture.
>>
>>84204224
>you will never comfort her

Sometimes I absolutely hate fiction
>>
>>84204580
How can someone feel bad for Scott? The dude is an absolute idiot and a hopeless romantic, but ends up banging any chick who looks his way. He's a hot mess, basically. Still, not worth any pity.
>>
>>84207540
>It is unknown how she will cope with her new lifestyle.
>"I'm afraid we can only afford one pony for your birthday this year."

She's still rich dude. Lack of a redemption arc, along with Gideon's super rushed one, can be largely blamed on the rushed second half of season two and therefore Hirsch's breakdown.
>>
File: Batman-Two-Face01.jpg~original.jpg (165 KB, 641x1024) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Two-Face01.jpg~original.jpg
165 KB, 641x1024
>>84202901
Harvey from Two-Face: Crime & Punishment.

>abused as a kid
>has to live with the fact that he's a homicidal maniac with a duality fetish and a regular person all in one
>the maniac personality wins most of the time
>even his dad is implied to have had the same issues, but not on the same scale
>so far gone he considers suicide to be the only way he can achieve some peace of mind

Inhuman characters that hate their inhumanity, like that one panel in Killing Joke where Joker knows he can't be helped, just hit home.
>>
>>84205329
There was a military program that he was a part of that had side effects that caused a variety of health issues. But Bill was the control group of the experiment and was given placebos. Everything Bill is was caused by Bill himself.
>>
File: UYnIj80.png (849 KB, 1403x995) Image search: [Google]
UYnIj80.png
849 KB, 1403x995
>>84205329
Operation Infinite Walrus
>>
>>84209022
The dangerous effects of the drug placebo.
>>
File: whyscottwhy.jpg (51 KB, 500x624) Image search: [Google]
whyscottwhy.jpg
51 KB, 500x624
>>84208291
>>84208748

I think he meant Lisa
>>
File: doughy.jpg (18 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
doughy.jpg
18 KB, 512x384
only MO character I feel really sorry for
>>
File: Adolf Khan.jpg (24 KB, 491x357) Image search: [Google]
Adolf Khan.jpg
24 KB, 491x357
>>84202901
>>
>>84208779
Not as rich if you have to sell your manor of all things, but that's what her father deserves for sucking up to Bill's new world disorder.

I think losing something like a manor can adversely impact how Pacifica's lifestyle can pan out. She will surely have just enough funds for good education and therapy, but if she can only afford one pony, her funds have definitely been knocked down a good peg.
>>
>>84202901
They were both horrible people that got what's coming to them due to own selfishness, fear and ignorance to learn.
>>
File: duckman.jpg (19 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
duckman.jpg
19 KB, 300x392
Only true 90's kids will remember.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.