[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the Ricky Gervais show, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 450x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 450x227
How do you feel about the Ricky Gervais show, /co/?
>>
>>84199942
It always baffles me how Karl likes Ricky more than Steve. Ricky was openly mocking him, whereas at least some times Steve tried to genuinely humor him.
>>
It's pretty funny.
>>84199963
Maybe they're actually friends and he entertains him despite roasting him.
>>
>>84199963
Steve's a backstabbing shit. Steve will pretend to like Karl only to give him enough rope to hang himself with.
Plus he's incredibly thin-skinned. Can dish it out but can't take it.
>>
It's annoying when Karl says something that makes sense yet Ricky still bashes him for it.

Like when Karl talked about thinking in his own voice and Ricky was like "that's bullshit, you don't think in a voice."

I think in a voice.
>>
>>84200025
that's bullshit people don't think in voices
>>
>>84200025

I always figured Ricky (and Steven) would pretend not to get what Karl's saying, so he would say more shit about it, if they just said they understood what he was saying from the get-go then his hilarious stories/explanation would be cut short.
>>
I use to think Ricky was an asshole for shitting on Karl even when Karl had a good idea, until I realized that was just a result of Ricky being unable to properly channel his romantic feelings for Karl properly and isn't trying to be smug. Now I realize it's Stephen that's the really sanctimonious one.
>>
>>84200006
Can't take a joke about his height, that git.
>>
>>84200025
That's the bit anon, their show's formula. Karl pretends to be a bigger idiot than he is and Steve and Rick pretend to be bigger dicks than they are.
though I was annoyed when Ricky got on Karl's shit during monkey news and said Chimps didn't have thumbs
>>84200025
>>84200097
I think it's more abstract than that especially when trying to explain your thought process to other people.
>>
>>84199942
silly thing innit
>>
The XFM shows are so much better. It's not just Karl, his entire family is incredible. Suzanne also joins in on the fun at times.

When you hear him talk about his parents, you know why Karl is the way he is.

One series of short examples from ONE of the radio features (pick any, less than 3 minutes each):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jeUSSUkuKo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu2nmNW8NYc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0QPfBKzig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHEHI1s98xs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFmPAMjkhJ4

All the others are good too. Monkey News, Cheap as Chimps, Songs of Phrase, Karl in a Film, Rockbusters, Educating Ricky et al.
>>
>>84200325
Nah, he's not pretending. It's impossible for them to keep up a charade perfectly for years.
>>
Karl is the most genuinely funny man I've ever seen on Earth. There can't be that much preparation on what he says judging from the reactions he gets
>>
Either Karl keeps up the character for, like, 10 years, or he's genuinely dumb/genius.

Either way I'm impressed.

>>84199963
Steve is a bigger asshole and always hides behind Ricky. He's the bully's friend that doesn't know the limits, so he's means instead of just direct. If Ricky weren't there, Steve would be insulting Karl in and out and going for the throat each time. Karl would probably go ape on him.
>>
>>84200097
a lot of people do. ricky doesn't seem to understand not everyone's the same

so yeah i just got done watching the second series of Moaning of Life. anyone else think Karl has come a long-ass way? he spent a lot of time nearly nude, put up with a ton of shit he'd have whinged about in the past.. he seemed a lot more open to new shit
>>
The cat kept getting sick on itself so me mum shaved it so it was easier to clean.
>>
File: tfw Ricky won't let him finish.png (17 KB, 716x520) Image search: [Google]
tfw Ricky won't let him finish.png
17 KB, 716x520
>>84200025
>Karl's trying to explain white noise
>Rickey and Steve keep telling him it's not a real thing
>tfw you need white noise to sleep
>>
>>84201459
the girl whose mam was a witch
>>
File: femkarl4.jpg (88 KB, 856x470) Image search: [Google]
femkarl4.jpg
88 KB, 856x470
>>
>>84201885
get yer knickers off
>>
>>84199963
I love it when Karl starts attacking Steve. He's just spitting mad fire while Ricky is losing his mind in the background.
>>
>>84201922
That sounds amazing. Link?
>>
>>84201922
I like when Karl just casually insults Steve as if he thinks it's just understood that deformed-looking people are okay to make fun of. he's not 'avin a go, he's just sayin' it like it is. he does the same for himself, but his opinion of himself is 'eh 'e's alright'
>>
>>84201948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gBfvz36C6U
>>
>>84200097
>>84200025
>>84200098
>>84200325
>>84201625
You could just be as much of an idiot as him, though. How would you know?
>>
>>84202023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNFV4ZuUK68
>>
>>84201922
>while Ricky is losing his mind in the background.
HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN
>>
I'm still curious as fuck as to what happened between them. The obvious explanation is that Steve just wanted to be successful on his own merits, but I really do think they actually had a falling out since he couldn't even be bothered to show up for the Idiot Abroad specials. It would have also made sense for him to be in Learning English if they were on good terms.
>>
>>84202313
Idiot Abroad was Ricky's baby, Steve just wasn't involved. it's not that he was kicked out. At the time, he was recording Wheatley I think. and he's done some other voiceover shit.
Similarly Learning English wouldn't have made sense with a third person. really he's pretty useless. He's the Larry of their stooges, which you can usually remove without losing much
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.