[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother convinced me to go see "Finding Dory" simply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: paperman.jpg (168 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
paperman.jpg
168 KB, 1200x675
My mother convinced me to go see "Finding Dory" simply because of the short "Piper" airing before the feature. I thought the full film itself was decent enough, but I agree with my own mother that the short itself was much more impactful than the movie. It was so technically impressive and also a good story told in a short amount of time.

Why doesn't Pixar release a series of shorts at a feature length run-time a la Fantasia? It seems like something up their alley. People (normies and etc) LOVE the shorts from Pixar.
>>
>>84199064
Normies hate anthologies
>>
>>84199089
Is this true tho?
>>
>>84199218
I don't have any idea what normies like but Fantasia is my favorite Disney movie
>>
>>84199218
It literally is. Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 all flopped hard, despite being some of the finest animated work.
>>
>>84199457
I knew 2000 flopped, but had no idea the original flopped so hard!!
>>
>>84199561
It and Pinocchio did so poorly Disney almost went bankrupt. Fun fact, Dumbo was a budget cash grab.
>>
>>84199064
i kind of have to agree. the water and sand in the short were so graphically impressive i thought pixar was bragging about it. i expected it in Dory as well but was a little underwhelmed with the movie as a whole. I honestly felt like the story didn't even pick up until the seals showed up and could honestly care less about dory, marlin, and nemo. the seals were the funniest in the movie and the octopus was my favorite character.
>>
>>84199877
ngl, I saw finding dory high because i saw mixed reviews about it beforehand and I figured i could at least appreciate it aesthetically if I was baked enough

When the Piper short started it took me a solid minute to realize it was animated and not actual film.
>>
>>84199877
>"I like sand"
>puffs of sand colored "smoke"
>>
>>84199064
They do but as a collection, not as an anthology. I have 1 and 2, these things are great.

Disney also released a short film collection too, for stuff that wasn't specifically Pixar. Was the first time I'd seen the John Henry short since I was a kid.
>>
>>84199064
man how much i love tis
>>
Not gonna lie, I completely missed the short.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.