[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aladdin wished to be a prince not to impersonate a prince but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Aladdin wished to be a prince
not to impersonate a prince but to be a prince

So did genie steal Alis identity or did he make a new leaderless country in the world?
>>
File: hi_dad.png (122 KB, 385x300) Image search: [Google]
hi_dad.png
122 KB, 385x300
>>84198995
He made his dad the King of Thieves, making Aladdin the Prince of Thieves.
>>
The wealth as well as the servants were magical constructs, so I'd say the latter.
>>
>>84199106
Damn those monkey's paw genie wishes.
A friend like me indeed.
>>
>>84199106
Was this something the writers of King of Thieves came up with intentionally or is it a coincidence?
>>
>>84198995
Jafar had the power to undo the wish.
>>
>>84198995
he was the best
>>
>>84199699
I don't know, but I could honestly believe either at this point.

Although, considering that the Genie didn't know that Aladdin's dad was still alive, much less that he was the King of Thieves until said father showed up, it couldn't possibly have been intentional on his part.
>>
>>84199106
i forget his dad was such a dilf
>>
>>84201667
well the genie doesn't necessarily need to know the full impact of his magic
>>
I'm thinking Genie thought just-the-identity was fine. sort of like your typical devil-wish except he wasn't INTENTIONALLY fucking it up by twisting the meaning, he thought that was adequate.. he thought the whole thing was to impress jasmine, rather than to fulfill a legal requirement. That's why it was all pomp and show.
I guess the lesson is supposed to be about being yourself, but he won her heart with the magic romantic carpet ride which is EVERY BIT as manipulative artificial bullshit as the prince ali number (even changed his voice hyuk hyuk)
>>
>>84202002
Genie pretty clearly takes wishes literally, though. When Jafar said he wanted to "rule from on high" he picked up the palace and stuck it on a mountain.
>>
>>84201934
Exactly why I said "it couldn't possibly have been intentional on his part". By fulfilling Al's wish to be a prince, the Genie may have, without even knowing it, made it possible for Aladdin's father to become the King of Thieves.
>>
>>84198995
He made him the Sultan's son, which Jafar undid later after he tried to fuck his sister.
>>
>>84202002
>but he won her heart with the magic romantic carpet ride which is EVERY BIT as manipulative artificial bullshit as the prince ali number
Aladdin won her heart by showing her what the world was like outside the palace. Which was what Jasmine had wanted all along and Aladdin was the first person to understand this.
>>
>>84202458
This.

The wishes are only taken literally when it is important to the plot. The creators simply overlooked the little contradiction because it's a family cartoon and it doesn't really matter.

Although Aladdin does become a prince at the very end of the movie.. so maybe the wish doesn't completely come true until the end?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.