[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The comic was better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
The comic was better
>>
>>84193447
Water is wet
>>
>>84193447
Thank you for sharing your opinion but I feel the exact opposite
>>
>>84193447
>The comic was better
at being bad
>>
File: 1467309318201.png (53 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1467309318201.png
53 KB, 500x501
>>84193489
>>84193447
Are you fucking insane?
>>
>>84193447
I couldn't enjoy the comic, because the basic promise felt forced (After about 50 years of Marvel comics without mass colatteral damage, a villain blows up and the heroes are the ones to blame. WTF!?) and they didn't even made an effort to make Tony's side look even a little bit reasonable (instead they instantly turned them into fascists, which didn't suit anyone). The movie was better in both regards.
>>
>>84193447
They're both equally bad.
>>
>>84193447
Yeah, but I liked the Paul Rudd cameo.
>>
>>84193447
good joke
>>
File: stefania.jpg (61 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
stefania.jpg
61 KB, 640x800
They're both shit.

Civil War is just a shitty concept in general.
>>
it was crap.
>>
My brother brought the comics a few weeks ago and I just finished reading after one sitting. I watched the movie before, and this comes from a total normie who barely reads any comic books, but the movie made slightly more sense than the comic.
>>
>>84194033
When you have to shoe horn a reason to fight, characters that normally are heroes would logically look for a solution, and therefore you have to make them act out of character.

Granted the movie did it better because it wasn't really a civil war, it was a conflict. And the mission that Bucky and Cap thought they had to do with Zemo gave them a reason to try to rush out instead of being peaceful
>>
>>84194121

The movie would have been fine if it was basically Iron Man on a revenge mission to kill Bucky and with Captain America trying to protect Bucky.
>>
>>84194075
People who haven't read any comics tend to love the Civil War comic because they can't tell the characters are acting like total retards because they have no baseline to compare it to.
Casual sees it and goes
>Cool! Cap has this conflict and he's right and must fight back
Comic veteren
>What the fuck is he doing that for? What the hell is going on, that's not like Cap/Tony/Hank at all etc
>>
>>84194144
But that was only at the very end of the movie though
Even if it wasn't at least that makes sense. An emotional reason to act irrationally makes way more sense than just acting irrationally anyway
>>
>>84194144
Would have been out of character for Tony to carry out a plot like that over the course of a film.

His actions in the third act were hotblooded and reactionary
>>
>>84194151
comic veterans know how characters should behave, yes, but anyone with enough brain would realize that going into war for that shit was stupid and they were being irrational
>>
>>84194231
Yeah but casuals just kind of assume its how comic books are.
>>
>>84194239
as a man who doesn't read many comics, I got the idea that they are as childish as fucking japanese manga after reading this. Heroes using amazing powers coming right up from their asses, bones fracturing in heroes that don't have regenerative powers... I suppose capeshit is not for me.
>>
I bet you don't even fucking watch Nascar you utter faggot.
>>
>>84193447
Even the worst MCU movie is better than the CW comic book storyline.
>>
i agree with the comic being better than the movie. It bothered me so much that they didn't kill off War Machine. They were barely any repercussions in the movie
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.