[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when the Shyamalan movie was the worst entry in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 4660165483_fb88cfa04e_b.jpg (140 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
4660165483_fb88cfa04e_b.jpg
140 KB, 675x1000
Remember when the Shyamalan movie was the worst entry in the Avatar universe?

Good times.
>>
It still is though. Korra's got some dog shit moments/episodes/seasons but it's still miles beyond the fucking movie with Oong.
>>
Hasn't he said he's going to make a sequel after all?
>>
>>84191546
I think he wanted to, but lets be honest who would actually fund a second movie considering how the first one was recieved?
>>
>>84192081
Taken from wiki
"In September 2015, Shyamalan confirmed to Metro UK that he may work on the sequel after completing his next thriller, which started shooting in November 2015"
>>
>>84189180

What is supposed to be worse? Any of the comics?
>>
>>84192218
He might still want to but still who's going to pay for it?
>>
>>84189203
/thread
>>
>>84192339
It made it's budget back.
cost 150m, made 300m world wide.

That's enough to get a controlled sequel. Shyamalan won't get the blank cheque he got on the first one. But it could easily get made
>>
>>84194202

Shamalamamba's name is box office poison now.

he'd be lucky to be able to film his daughter's birthday
>>
>>84189180
It still is. I take Korra over watching that again.
>>
>>84189180
You know, i have a morbid curiosity of just how much the sequel would have fucked up Azula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yucdC5laTCI
>>
>>84189180
>Remember when the Shyamalan movie was the worst entry in the Avatar universe?
Funny thing is . . . the movie performed well. Most viewers weren't so entrenched and familiar with the source material that it prevented them from being entertained as-is.
>>
>>84189180
It still is.

Maybe LoK wasn't good, but The Last Oirbender was fucking dogshit.
>>
>>84189180
It would be pretty neat if they made a more mature miniseries about them during their adult years. Maybe on Netflix or Adult Swim. I know there's some kind of comic that takes place after the first show but I don't know if they're adults.
>>
>>84192218
>confirmed
>that he MAY

Does this man know what "Confirmed" means?

Also, who the fuck is stupid enough to pay Shatupon to squeeze another box office biscuit into their mouths? The man's name is literally poison for ticket sales these days.
>>
>>84194202
>cost 150m, made 300m world wide
That's not how box office figures work though. The budget doesn't take into account marketing (at least 100m) or the cuts that theatres or international translations and marketers cost. Viacom wouldn't have seen anything like 300m returned and the spend would be way higher.
>>
>>84195143
But it wasn't even entertaining on it's own.It could have at least ended up "so bad it's good" or unintentionally hilarious.( well there was the earth benders scene , that was pure comedy) Instead it was just boring and bad.
>>
>>84195183
I'd have faith in Netflix, considering the quality of Voltron.

I would hate for them to overfill their plate though, and I'd rather they pick up that new season of Young Justice they've been hinting at than this.

There's just no way to do it justice at this point. Brike have written it too far into a corner in terms of how things need to go. The shit-tier bloodbender guy would need to become the final antagonist and fuck that stupid bullshit.
>>
How would a sequel even work since its been6years
>>
It still is.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.