[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /co/ so let's talk about Venom, and by extension, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: venom.jpg (587 KB, 1600x1054) Image search: [Google]
venom.jpg
587 KB, 1600x1054
Okay /co/ so let's talk about Venom, and by extension, the symbiotes.

Why is Venom vastly underestimated in every fucking "who-would-win" match-up on the internet? You mention Web of Shadows, and everyone goes
>web of faildows isnt canon lol
So what if it's not canon?
>cuz venom cant do shit in teh comics lol
And is there anything in the comics that tells us that Venom and/or the symbiotes can't do the shit Venom did in Web of Shadows? No.
>muh canon
Just because Venom never did it in the comics doesn't mean he can't. Because in the comics Venom is constantly seeking thrills he never has time to stop and think to himself "Wait, how can I become more powerful? Oh yes, I could infect all of New York with myself and gain all that delicious biomass"

Web of Shadows builds on the canon and is based on the canon, and while it itself isn't canon, it shows us what Venom would end up like if one day he decided he'd go around infecting everyone with himself, so it is within the rational realms of possibility. Again, just because he never did it in the comics doesn't mean he couldn't actually do it.

It's like going back in time to when Venom was first created and claiming that Venom can't completely shapeshift, only to be proven wrong several years later, surprise. The symbiotes are a constantly evolving alien life form. They've gone from only being able to form a few tendrils to manipulating their separated parts.

So /co/, why do faggots on the Comic Vine battleforum love to underestimate the symbiotes?
>>
>>84185603
>So /co/, why do faggots on the Comic Vine battleforum love to underestimate the symbiotes?
Because Venom has glaring weaknesses to fire and sonic sounds. Compared to say Wolverine who can rapidly heal or Hulk who...doesn't seem to have any, Venom unfortunately has a weakness that can be associated with everyday objects.
>>
>>84185638
Symbiotes buildup immunity to fire and sonic sounds the more they are exposed to them, you know.

And what stops Venom from say, taking over Wolverine or Hulk? Absolutely nothing other than plot armor.
>>
>>84185603
>going to comic vine
in the time it took to type all this up you could have just stopped going to comic vin
>>
To be fair, Carnage gets some cool cthulu shit in the new books and gets immunity to fire and sound. Also, I feel like Venom would be amazing as a stealth killer, y'know, as opposed to just BRAWR *chomps u* type shit.
>>
>>84185677
>And what stops Venom from say, taking over Wolverine or Hulk?
Knowing those two characters Wolverine's healing factor would do something and Hulk can clap it into oblivion.
>>
What about Space Knight? Didnt he get some hidden potential buff or some shit when they cleansed the symbiote?
>>
Klyntar
>>
Why doesn't venom jusit west a suit that will protect him from sound and fire?
>>
>>84185807
Well fire is all well and good but for sound he wouldn't be able to hear.
That and he couldn't use his symbiote and spider abilities through the suit.
>>
File: stealth venom.jpg (1 MB, 1877x1681) Image search: [Google]
stealth venom.jpg
1 MB, 1877x1681
>>84185807
>>
>>84185879
Ayyyyy!
Did he snatched niggas up?
>>
>>84185698
I don't even go on there, it just comes up on Google by itself when you type *insert character* VS *insert character*

>>84185729
Wolverine: Venom actually took Wolverine as a host in a comic, just googled it. But Wolverine's healing factor was constantly fighting back the influence of the symbiote, so Wolverine was one moment Venom the next Wolverine

Hulk: I honestly have no idea how radiation affects the symbiotes, given that the Hulk's blood is radioactive, and the hormones the symbiotes feast on are released through blood, obviously. Yes, the Hulk could indeed squash Venom, there is no question there. The question is what would happen to the Hulk if the Venom symbiote tried to take him as a host or tried to infect Hulk

>>84185838
This pretty much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.