[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it me or did this show fall complete off the radar? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
Is it me or did this show fall complete off the radar?

I don't see anyone talk about it much at all anymore.
>>
I stopped following after Nick kept pushing back episodes.

I picked it up again during season 3 and the same annoyances I had with the show were still present. Mikey was still a complete idiot and Don was still being a little shit over April. I also didn't like this version of Casey Jones, MUH KNEE and too many farm episodes
>>
>>84182924
they're giving room for the 2nd movie
>>
>>84182924
Well, the writing has been getting worse.

Also, they just pushed the new episode from this month to late September. We're still not done with season four, and there's still season five to go.
>>
>>84182924
Because it turned to shit with little hope of improvement.
>>
>>84183402
>they just pushed the new episode from this month to late September.

What the hell? That's like 3 months away.

For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>84184125
If I had to guess? The production of the show takes a long time, the toyline it's meant to market does not sell anymore and the movie just bombed, so what I think is going on is that they need time to make the decision on wheter or not the show will be renewed for another season.
>>
>>84185876
It's already getting a fifth one. They're doing recording for it. Mark Hamill will be a villain.
>>
>>84187460
Uh, we've known that for like 2 years. They're probably not going to make a season 6 because they announced the previous renewals suspiciously long before they aired and they haven't announced another season yet. Plus the low ratings adds to a low chance if renewal.

Anyone who thinks this shit will continue after season 5 is in denial.
>>
File: 1340389118345.png (172 KB, 332x571) Image search: [Google]
1340389118345.png
172 KB, 332x571
>>84188956
5 seasons is more than enough for one show. With the all the buildup they've done, that should give them ample time to tie everything up, unless they go and squander it on stupid one-note episodes.

I haven't truly enjoyed this show since the the Season 2 finale. The writing just took a nose-dive, and Season 4's space scthick was just unnecessary.
>>
>>84182924
TMNT nick is just wasted potential
>>
File: Ending_Episode_TCRI.png (577 KB, 853x478) Image search: [Google]
Ending_Episode_TCRI.png
577 KB, 853x478
Because the show was barely decent when it came out and kept getting worse after each couple of episodes.

Nothing ever gets done and nearly every character is an incompetent asshole.
>>
>>84182924
I don't discuss it anymore because really it never got all too good of a footing. It was decent in season 1, while Season 2 had some perfectly alright episodes. I do like it, but I'm heavily disappointed in it. It did not do enough to develop the turtles or a good chunk of the cast and the relationship drama went on for too long. Also it kept turning most villains into mutants, almost unnecessarily. I am sad that in all honesty the purple dragons were wasted.
>>
File: 1367437964452.jpg (25 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1367437964452.jpg
25 KB, 512x384
I gave it a try, 2 episodes, really don't like red hair April O Neil. Or freckles.
Didn't like the 2K3 series either though, so what do I know? Apparently both of those are better than the 80s one which I still watch
>>
Well I cant wait for some post space adventures!
There are still plot threads hanging aftar all.
>>
space was a mistake
>>
Well I love the show and only have a few gripes with it. The main one being the Space adventures. I actually liked the farm episodes, but after they got back to New York, a lot of the episodes just felt kind of, I don't know, bland or forced. And Lastly, Shredder developed an obvious mutant fetish and I'm not sure why. His entire lair is littered with weird ass animal men. Those things aside, love the show
>>
And as always, Raph gets bitches.
Bet this is how Earth-2 Raph will come home.
>>
File: tumblr_n986lbZlJ21qb83juo1_500.jpg (39 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n986lbZlJ21qb83juo1_500.jpg
39 KB, 500x407
>watching a toy commercial
>>
Psyched for Usagi's return (and Jei!)
>>
>>84182924
That whole space arc was weak. The only time this show is good is during season premiers and season/mid-season finales
>>
>>84188956
>. Plus the low ratings adds to a low chance if renewal.

Maybe they should stop showing fucking reruns.

This show was so poorly handled. What on Earth happened. It started off strong and just plummeted.

This is probably the worst TMNT revival. A show that goes nowhere. A toy line with shit quality. Games that all suck. Movies that aren't redeemable at all. The reprints of the old comics are a mess.

At least the new IDW comics are good.
>>
>>84191306
Well there's only been one other tv revival right? 2003? Which I think this is much better in terms of show quality. Didn't like 2003 back then, don't much care for it now
>>
>>84192279
Then your missing out!
Aw well its your loss.
>>
>>84188956
Pretty sure one of the producers stated they only have enough material for five seasons anyways.
>>
>>84190799

80s is a funny show. Animation is lacking and it's too wacky for most turtle snobbish fans.

2K3 is a good action show that's holds a quality for quite a while before it goes to shit. It gets props for adapting some stuff from the comics pretty well.

2012 just nose dives in quality too damn fast.
>>
>>84192767
>80s is a funny show. Animation is lacking and it's too wacky for most turtle snobbish fans.

Forgot to add, despite its lack of quality control, it's still a very entertaining show regardless of what the NOT MUH TURTLES snobs say
>>
Do you think Nick is happy with their investment?

This whole thing seems like a gigantic waste.

It'll probably create more people being bitter about 1980's Turtles too.
>>
>>84193544
>Do you think Nick is happy with their investment?
They bought tmnt franchise for only 60m$. They earned hundred of m$ just with toys. What do you think?
>>
>>84193663

For some reason I thought it was a lot more
>>
all shows like this get bad after a while, they've defeated the characters too many times
>>
>>84193544
I'm glad that they still make 80s series turtles stuff. I've seen them on cups and pillow cases, so it's not like they're forgotten and or trying to hide them
>>
>>84194269

I just wish they would release a box set that wasn't garbage.

And Blu-Ray for 2K3 Turtles.
>>
File: TMNT1987_Complete_bty2.jpg (74 KB, 550x415) Image search: [Google]
TMNT1987_Complete_bty2.jpg
74 KB, 550x415
>>84194307
Is the turtle van garbage?
>>
>>84194307
Shut up Cybercubed.
>>
File: 1453816291557.png (312 KB, 647x478) Image search: [Google]
1453816291557.png
312 KB, 647x478
The overall is okay, but I think it's biggest flaw is that it leans too far in the comedic direction. As a result more dramatic scenes and big events tend to lose their impact.

Case in fucking point: The end of season three.
>>
>>84194364

It's just the same shitty DVD releases in one package.

>>84194374

Literally, who
>>
it all started to go to shit with the mutagen hunt across the city and all the mutations of characters for the sake of making toys. i find it really depressing.
>>
>>84183303
Yeah, that's pretty much why I stopped following too.

Is Don still lusting in season 4 because they need to do something with that shit already
>>
>>84192473
I've seen it kind of a lot, when Nick was doing those turtle marathons of it recently. I just don't much care for it
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.