[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its an odd show but there's alot of philosophical commentary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: rocik.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rocik.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1080
Its an odd show but there's alot of philosophical commentary and its funny as fuck. Do you (burrrp) like it? why or wh(burrrrp)y not?
>>
It's got some original and funny concepts in it. Not all episodes are as funny or as original as some, but it's at least trying to be creative and offer up something unique. So overall I'd give it an 8.5/10.
>>
>>84181512
It's an entertaining show, but it was hard getting past the pilot because of all the burping bullshit while he talked. Gladit was toned down throughout the series
>>
>>84181512
Id take a rerun of the venture bros over a new rick and morty.
>>
It's not that liking this show makes you a person who browses a certain site, but the way you wrote your post makes it clear you need to go back there.
>>
>>84181512
>philosophical commentary

Yeah that would be nice if it wasn't all wrong. Decent show overall though. They kind of got lazy in many episodes on season 2 though. Oh well. 7/10?
>>
File: 1432731790118.jpg (111 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1432731790118.jpg
111 KB, 500x375
>>84181512
>there's alot of philosophical commentary
>>
>>84181650
>philosophy
>wrong
Inherently can't be 'wrong'. Only immoral, unethical, etc.
>>
It's Futurama if it were written by Family Guy's writing staff
>>
>>84181665
He's not wrong. It's just that it's retarded "philosophy" instead of the good kind.
>>
>>84181686
>>84181512
Give examples.
>>
>>84181680
Yeah it can. The only right kind is Aristotilean/Thomistic because they're the only ones who didn't have to lie or use tricks and illusions to find truth. The rest is a cheap imitation.
>>
>>84181512
Nice falseflag, OP.
Lots of people will fall for it.
>>
>>84181686
>Sociology
>>
>>84181696
Many of Rick's statements are nihilistic if I recall correctly. It's been a while so I can't remember any exact quotes.
>>
It's a good show but redditors latch onto it without really grasping it, the same way they did to Deadpool.
>>
>>84181512
Bojack Horseman does philosophical commentary
better
>>
Its like some failed sci fi writers weren't good enough to write for a live action show so they settled for a cartoon show. Then you just throw fart jokes on top of it and people eat it up.
>>
I think the show's biggest problem is how long-winded the humor is. It's hillarious, but it usually doesn't have enough punch to be memorable. I can't think of a single episode that left a strong enough impression that I'd want to go back and watch it.
>>
>>84181627
This is a reasonable post
>>
File: 1466136116489.jpg (44 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1466136116489.jpg
44 KB, 419x480
the 'philosophy' crap is just shallow nihilism that should have zero appeal to anyone that is past the tenth grade, it's been done to death in comedic mediums

However, the actual comedy itself, dialogue writing, ridiculous plots, fucking 10/10. I think it's the funniest (most likely to make me literally laugh, out loud, alone in a room) show I've ever seen. And i've watched a lot of TV
>>
>>84182049
This right here.

The overarching "philosophical" theme of Rick and Morty is "reality is filled with crazy shit beyond our control so let's not get too hung up on minute sentimentality." It really isn't that insightful, but those with public-school education think that the show is hyper-intelligent because of that theme along with the occasional pop-science maymay like Schrodinger's Cat.

The real gold of the series is in the dialogue and the situational timing.
>>
>>84181512
underage GTFO
>>
>>84181512
I find some of the humor unfunny (especially the improve). And gore, violence, sex, swearing, and lther "OUTRAGEOUS" stuff doesn't really automatically make me laugh. It has to be funny.

It's still okay I guess. Just not as good as Aqua Teen Hunger Force or King of the Hill. But better than Family Guy and Simpsons.
>>
File: 1466531564932.jpg (6 KB, 160x208) Image search: [Google]
1466531564932.jpg
6 KB, 160x208
>>84181512
It's alright, I like the humor and space adventures - I don't mind episodes with the emotional punchs but the ones in the second season didn't wow me.

Truthfully, if I could change one thing I'd definitely push for Morty developing more as a character. Personally, I'd find arcs around how he feels more interesting and would prefer Rick to stay more static (or perhaps with his development of being more caring towards his family more slow moving opposed to how sudden it felt by the end of season 2). Just my 2 cents
>>
The show's nihilism makes a lot of sense in the context of the reality of the show, but not a lot of sense outside of it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.