[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whether you hated the movie or not, this fight at the end was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: AMMHNds[1].jpg (535 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
AMMHNds[1].jpg
535 KB, 2560x1600
Whether you hated the movie or not, this fight at the end was pure capeshit at its finest.
>>
Never got a chance to see it. Was going to but then my dad died, and I had to help sort shit out and make sure my mom was ok.
>>
>>84178821
No, the fight at the end was a mess of sound and noise and bright lights, interrupted by scenes of Lois being a dumbass. It was not "capeshit at its finest". Watchmen or Red Son is "capeshit at its finest". Lee and Ditko's Spider-Man is "capeshit at its finest". This is shit, and fuck you.
>>
>>84178855
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that. I know it's not the same but we just had to put my dog down. It really makes you think. I'm sure you're dad was a good person. I really hope you have good night
>>
File: 1466508952576.jpg (41 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1466508952576.jpg
41 KB, 460x500
>>84178821
That's your opinion Anon.
>>84178855
Damn, hope you and your family are better.
>>
>>84178866
Hey man, it's just an opinion. Try not to be rude and think of the poster's feelings when you type hard words. Thank you.
>>
>>84178866
Did you just google "best comics ever list" that took you to IGN and then listed it here?

>Watchmen
>capeshit

wew
>>
Doomsday was a terrible villain. If your antagonist is just gonna be this screaming ogre who shows up in the last 30 minutes, I'm not going to get invested. I did hear the Donkey Kong Country theme song in my head when he was smashing around Heeeeyo, look out down below!
>>
>>84178821
Is how poetry
>>
>>84178821
That shot in particular is good, but in general for that fight I wish they didn't go overboard on the electricity effects. The funeral scene following it was perfect though.
>>84178855
My condolences anon.
>>
>>84179089
>The funeral scene following it was perfect though.
this
>>
>>84178821
It was an unwatchable clusterfuck of visual effects with no narrative purpose other than shoehorning the Death of Superman storyline into an already bloated and overly long movie.

>>84179089
>>84179113
The funeral scene was just as laughably over-the-top melodramatic as almost everything else in the movie. It was like watching Zack Snyder blow his load directly into the camera.
>>
>>84179783
>no narrative purpose
It was narratively driven from beginning to end as Lex' last resort to prove his philosophical argument against Superman. It's an important plot element and obviously pressing from a character driven vantage too.
And the funeral scene was genuinely moving and appropriate for the death of Superman. There was nothing over the top about it at all.
>>
MLP:FiM did it first, and better.
>>
>>84178915
kill yourself
>>
>>84179113
The DX funeral isn't actually bad, while the theatrical one is dogshit.
>>
>>84180065
Plus it directly paralleled the opening scene of the Wayne deaths/funeral; both sequences end with "rising" out of the ground. Death and rebirth are pivotal motifs in this film.
>>
>>84180145
Agreed. The juxtaposition of the ideological and the non sequitir restructuring of the ageless symbolism uniquely positions you, the viewer, into a point of guaranteed abstraction. The realization being the attainment of a truce between the paradoxical entities.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>84178821
When will indiefags leave?

>>84178855
You have my sympathies for whatever its worth. Hope things are getting better for you
>>
>>84178866
This. And double-dubs confirm it. I'm ready for people to stop pretending BvS was good.
>>
>>84180317
Read between the lines. BvS was more than the sum of its parts. If you look at each individual cog of the greater machine, you see nothing special. However, when you step back and view the machine as a greater idea, the true attributes of its nature reveal themselves. The miraculous made ordinary. You only see the end result, but the process is what makes it special. Realize that what you're viewing is not the full picture, only a point among a sea of infinities, and only then you will begin to understand.
>>
>>84178821
well, you got the shit part right
>>
>>84180229
>>84180402
Damn, you are MAD
>>
>>84178821
If only it wasn't so fucking dark
>>
File: 1433470678151.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1433470678151.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>84180402
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.