[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't she prevent blackest night?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Action_Comics_Vol_1_894_Textless.jpg (525 KB, 1479x2200) Image search: [Google]
Action_Comics_Vol_1_894_Textless.jpg
525 KB, 1479x2200
Why didn't she prevent blackest night?
>>
Wasn't Blackest Night about zombies? I don't think she has anything to do with zombies or the undead.
>>
>>84174328
It was brought up in comics.
She didn't care cause she knew they'd come back to her eventually.
>>
Because that's not her job.
>>
>>84174328
Everything is just gonna die eventually.
>>
>>84174428
That and also it's revealed the rings aren't quite bringing back the dead, all the souls were still at rest it was just more Oan derivative tech except this time instead of drawing emotions from the wearer it was using the appearance and memories of its wearer to elicit emotions from others to keep running and spreading.

I'll give Johns this that's actually kind of clever GL-lore wise, but the problem was how flat it was all executed. Then fucking Nekron shows up.
>>
>>84174328
Nekron is another version of Death.

Technically Death caused the whole thing in the first place.
>>
>>84174595
I don't get any of what was just said

So the black lanterns were using the emotions of others rather than themselves?
>>
>>84176091

He originally was, but then they retconned him into being the cessation of existence, or something along those lines.
>>
>>84176143
They fed on the spent emotions of the living, so getting someone scared, happy, etc was what they wanted.

But the black lanterns themselves were basically constructs brought to life from the rings.

No idea what was up with Black Hand. He just heard voices until he offed himself and came back as a zombie.
>>
>>84176166
He was retconned, the darkness that existed before the big bang was semi sentient, and after the big bang and light existed it formed him to go kill off the light forever and make it all dark again. There was no explanation for his being trapped in the world of the dead and cannot enter the living world unless William Hand is dead.
>>
>>84174328
She told Lex that so many people die that if a few come back once in a while it's no big deal

Blackest Night itself wasn't actual resurrections until the very end, just reanimated corpses
>>
>>84174328
Remember when Gaiman got mad that she wasn't the only Death in DC?
>>
>>84176962
It was more the fact that the writer didn't understand that Death was THE Death and not an aspect of Death as the writer portrayed.
>>
File: 1418953588955.png (311 KB, 1150x1024) Image search: [Google]
1418953588955.png
311 KB, 1150x1024
>>
>>84177054
Literally m-muh waifu
>>
>>84176166
>cessation of existence
>"It's not death, it's, um...death!"
lel not even joking, this kind of wackiness is why I love comics
>>
>>84177814
Weissman had her, the Black Racer, and Nekron as different aspects of death (Ultimate opponent, pleasant release, ect), and Gaiman pitched a fit, although Weissman did a few other problems with that issue as well
>>
>>84177906
>>84177179
>>84176962
Fuck it I'm triggered too.
>>
>>84177179
Well more like literally getting the character wrong.
She's Death of the Endless, having her be the gentle and kind aspect of Death misses the whole point of what Gaiman was trying to do.
>>
>>84177179
I mean, he gets to bang hot chicks cosplaying her
So Ill cut him some slack
>>
>>84178023
I mean honestly I'd say he gets to be as angry as he wants considering his version of Death was objectively better
>>
>>84178023
even though Gaiman's version of Death is the evilest form of all, it's not fair for any author to have such a wide spectrum of authority over dying. People have been dying since before comics.
>>
>>84178531
>it's not fair for any author to have such a wide spectrum of authority over dying.
Haha wat? It's DC's decision to include her, they can just not but they did. It's as fair as they make it, he doesn't ask them to use any of the Sandman characters.
>People have been dying since before comics.
Fiction functions such that something that is chronologically created now can be written up to have existed before time and space, so there's no real order of significance. Outside of the possibility of inspiration from older source material that is.
>>
>>84178531
>Gaiman's version of Death is the evilest form of all
Nigga what
>>
File: death_legion.jpg (144 KB, 700x1099) Image search: [Google]
death_legion.jpg
144 KB, 700x1099
They don't pull her into the DCU that often.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.