[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Rebirth Continues To Smash Marvel On Advance Reorders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: STL010747-600x911.jpg (225 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
STL010747-600x911.jpg
225 KB, 600x911
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 $2.99 DC
BATMAN #3 $2.99 DC
BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1 $2.99 DC
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 VAR ED $2.99 DC
SUPERMAN #3 $2.99 DC
BATMAN #3 VAR ED $2.99 DC
HELLBLAZER REBIRTH #1 $2.99 DC
GREEN ARROW #3 $2.99 DC
BLACK PANTHER #1 STELFREEZE 3RD PTG VAR $4.99 MAR
GREEN LANTERNS #3 $2.99 DC
AQUAMAN #3 $2.99 DC
BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1 VAR ED $2.99 DC
SUPERMAN #3 VAR ED $2.99 DC
GREEN ARROW #3 VAR ED $2.99 DC
HELLBLAZER REBIRTH #1 VAR ED $2.99 DC
GREEN LANTERNS #3 VAR ED $2.99 DC
AQUAMAN #3 VAR ED $2.99 DC
MOON KNIGHT #1 SMALLWOOD 3RD PTG VAR $4.99 MAR
CIVIL WAR II #2 (OF 7) DJURDJEVIC 2ND PTG VAR $4.99 MAR
SNOTGIRL #1 CVR A HUNG $2.99 IMA
SNOTGIRL #1 CVR B O`MALLEY $2.99 IMA
SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #7 $3.99 MAR
DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 CARDY DM VAR ED $125.00 MAR
MOON KNIGHT #2 SMALLWOOD 3RD PTG VAR $3.99 MAR
DEADPOOL AND MERCS FOR MONEY #1 $3.99 MAR
>>
TOP 25 REORDER COMICS/GRAPHIC NOVELS/TPs

DARK KNIGHT RETURNS THE LAST CRUSADE #1 $6.99 DC
PREACHER TP BOOK 01 (MR) $19.99 DC
DARK NIGHT A TRUE BATMAN STORY HC (MR) $22.99 DC
BATMAN THE KILLING JOKE SPECIAL ED HC $17.99 DC
SHANG-CHI MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 $125.00 MAR
BATMAN #1 $2.99 DC
RICK & MORTY TP VOL 01 $19.99 ONI
CIVIL WAR TP $24.99 MAR
WOLVERINE OLD MAN LOGAN TP $29.99 MAR
PREACHER TP BOOK 02 (MR) $19.99 DC
BATMAN HUSH COMPLETE TP $24.99 DC
OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA TP VOL 02 (MR) $14.99 IMA
FLASHPOINT TP $16.99 DC
ART OF MARVEL STUDIOS HC SLIPCASE $150.00 MAR
SAGA TP VOL 05 (MR) $14.99 IMA
FIGHT CLUB 2 HC (MR) (C: 0-1-2) $29.99 DAR
STAR WARS HAN SOLO #1 (OF 5) $3.99 MAR
CIVIL WAR II #1 (OF 7) $5.99 MAR
SUPERMAN #1 $2.99 DC
ALIENS 30TH ANNIVERSARY ORIGINAL COMICS SERIES HC $39.99 DAR
X-MEN MUTANT GENESIS 2.0 HC $49.99 MAR
BLACK PANTHER #2 RAHZZAH RUN JEWELS 2ND PTG VAR $3.99 MAR
INFINITY GAUNTLET TP $24.99 MAR
CIVIL WAR II #2 (OF 7) $4.99 MAR
SAGA TP VOL 06 (MR) $14.99 IMA

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/30/dc-rebirth-continues-to-smash-marvel-on-advance-reorders/stl010747/
>>
>>84171032
>inb4 Marvelcucks on suicide watch.

My fucking God, how will Marvel ever recover from this embarrassment?
>>
>>84171263
Its a company wide relauch. #1's always overwhelmingly sell.

Remember how New 52 started out really strong but then petered out? That'll obviously happen again. Shit, compare the sales of Bendis' Iron Man #1 to #2. There's always a massive drop off.
>>
>>84171365
You're right, But New52 sales started dropping off 6-12 months in. ANAD Marvel sales started dropping off with the second issue. Marvel are currently in a similar (but I don't believe as bad) situation as DC was in after Convergence. There just isn't much fan faith in the products. Maybe (the upcoming) Marvel Now will change that, but it just seems like more of ANAD.
>>
I'm kind of surprised that Black Panther is still selling well, considering the not-so-good reviews.
Will anyone ever come close to Priest's run in terms of quality?
>>
>>84171043
>SHANG-CHI MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS
Huh
>>
>>84171864
Sadly I don't think so.
>>
>>84171365
Eh, New-52 relaunched everything in one month. Rebirth has a much more staggered release. The full release cycle for the specials and #1s extend out the full event cycle for CWII, which is going to pretty much murder that event.
The first wave of Rebirth is also overall being really well recieved, unlike a lot of the New-52 and unlike seemingly most things Marvel is putting out right now. I can see things for DC going well much, much longer than their New-52 bump. Especially since Marvel NOW-NOW looks much the same as ANAD. I expect a big course correction after this next relaunch and event cycle from them.
>>
>>84171263
This is a relaunch. Give 6-12 months, everything will be back to normal, with only Batman and Marvel selling well.
>>
>>84171884
If they're willing to spend money to get that reprinted then they probably have plans to use him in movies or Netflix.
>>
>Civil War II selling

I'm glad I left the Bendis train but this means I will keep my distance for a while.
>>
>>84171748
New 52 sales NOSEDIVED on month 3. The first two months they beat Marvel and then it rapidly fell apart once people realized how bad the comics were.
>>
>>84172526

Yeah apart from a few good books, most of it was mediocre and the rest was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

WW, Aquaman, Flash had incredible books, Batfamily had Batman, Batwoman and B&R, Supes had Action Comics, GL had GL written by Johns and GLC.

Everything featuring teens SUCKED, then there was Jonah Hex and OMAC.

I think the best line was the Dark one, it had JLD, Demon Knights, I Vampire, Frankenstein, Swamp Thing.

But yeah, everything except what I just said from the first wave just wasn't up to par.
>>
>>84172526
>New 52 sales NOSEDIVED on month 3

No they didn't.
>>
>>84172783
>and the rest was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
Please type like more of a fag. My teeth are still intact from this current level of cringe.
>>
>>84171980
I may be speaking as a jaded Marvel fan upset at the current quality of output, but I for one find it ridiculously hilarious they seemingly launched CWII at a time to take the wind out of Rebirth but ended up getting dickstomped by DC and causing their fans to seriously evaluate the company's current output and practices. Hopefully DC continues to do really well for awhile so we can get some Marvel quality of old back.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 679x864
>>84171032
What went wrong bros?

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR YEAR!
>>
>>84173252
CW2 started in the works when ANAD started rolling out, way before Rebirth was more than just a blue curtain Twitter pic

They did CW2 to have something out by the Civil War movie
They admitted to this months ago
>>
>>84173252
>seemingly launched CWII at a time to take the wind out of Rebirth
No, they released HydraCap to take the wind out of Rebirth.
And it worked, as far as media exposure, since Disney has their tendrils in a dozen news outlets.
>>
>>84173399
They again did that to coincide with the Civil War movie
>>
>>84172526

No they didn't. Interest held throughout most of the first arcs. It was around the 0 issues and Marvel Now that things shifted
>>
File: orcowhatever.jpg (23 KB, 399x258) Image search: [Google]
orcowhatever.jpg
23 KB, 399x258
My floppy purchases were about 50/50 until Secret Wars and after 3 or 4 events in like 2 years I was just done, i still buy old collections of Marvel books I've always liked but their current output is dreadful other than a handful of books like Ultimates, Vision, etc.

Theyre only occasionally putting out stuff thats just offensively stupid or bad (gwenpool) but overall its like they're just flinging OC donut characters at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I won't really be doubling up on DC's new stuff but theres about 4 or 5 books I'll be picking up even if its just for the first arc to see where it goes, and things like Manapuls Trinity book, blue beetles, whatever the hell All Star Batman ends up like... at least its something interesting to check out and doesnt come off like the comic book version of a buzzfeed clickbait article.

Even if both the big two suck dicks, Still got Image and Darkhorse, and whatever else is out there, along with old stuff that alot of youngfags haven't even checked out.

ITS A BIG WORLD OF COMICS OUT THERE PEOPLE, DON'T GET CAUGHT IN THE BULLSHIT.
>>
>>84172526

Well, Superman sales did at least, because the first arc of New52 Superman was a fucking atrocity.

The first arc of Rebirth Superman is slightly less of an atrocity, but it's still Jurgens at the helm, so expect things to veer into war crimes-tier shittiness soon.
>>
>>84173687
What does Darkhorse even have other than Hellboy, Conan, Goon, and translated Berserk?
>>
>>84174073

They have the odd thing come through thats at least different and interesting, and hellboy stuff spans multiple books, the big thing they lost was the Star Wars liscence
>>
dat price point doe
>>
>>84174073
can't darkhorse make a reboot of the mask?
>>
>>84171032
As happy as I am seeing DC doing well we need to stop having company war threads. Lets not turn into /v/
>>
>>84171864
McGregor's? I mean it came before but his work on the character was really good too.
>>
>>84174073
They used to have a TON of stuff. Now it's what you mentioned plus Groo and the rare Mister X mini.
>>
Outside of company wars, I'm genuinely curious to see the charts a year from now.

Marvel NOW seems to be going over like a lead balloon from the outset and everything seems to be pointing at the fact that retailers are going to under order the shit out of it.
>>
>And now, for the fourth printing of DC Universe: Rebirth another of the issue’s artists Ethan Van Sciver is providing new art for the cover.

>It will also be accompanied by third printings for Batman: Rebirth #1, Green Arrow: Rebirth #1 and Superman: Rebirth #1, all of which saw second printings published yesterday.
>>
>>84178203
Third printings of Green Arrow. What a time to be alive.
>>
If this isn't Marvel's wakeup call to stop slinging shit at the wall, then I'll be 100% convinced they're trying to kill off the comic sector of Marvel so they can get the writers to collaborate on the movies(and possibly games).
>>
>>84178203
>fourth printing of DC Universe: Rebirth

Jesus Christ man
>>
>>84178602
It's fucking dominating. They might even make a profit since they bumped the price way up.
>>
>>84178203
Remember when shit sites like Mary Sue and Outhousers were saying no one cared about DC Rebirth? They must be on suicide watch now.
>>
>>84178602
>>84178602
They were smart enough to make the new new cover a pic of Wally so thirsty Wallyfags would buy it
>>
I don't hate Marvel at all, I just don't read their comics, but I admit that after years of "Hurrrdurrrr on your left DC", it's fun to see the script flipped for a change.
I also like the books coming out, which is a plus, but I liked DCYou as well.
>>
>>84178732
It's nice to see their controversy sells bullshit backfire. Bendis getting pushback is just the cherry on top.
>>
>>84178732
>after years of "Hurrrdurrrr on your left DC", it's fun to see the script flipped for a change.
Shame their movies still suck so much ass.
>>
>>84178950
Marvel's put out way more suck-assy movies than DC has, in terms of pure volume.
>>
>>84179058
Marvel has just put out more movies. That means on average they will have some worse and some better.

Personally I think MoS > GotG > Deadpool > rest. But it's all subjective.
>>
>>84178732
i feel the same. people have made a hobby of shitting on DC while pretending marvel could do no wrong. but favors are beginning to shift as the House of Ideas is obviously running out of fresh ideas.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.