[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the power of light always defeats darkness Than why is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: bunny is not happy.jpg (17 KB, 362x264) Image search: [Google]
bunny is not happy.jpg
17 KB, 362x264
>the power of light always defeats darkness
Than why is the darkness even a threat?
>>
>>84168915
Th truth is, few people know what "darkness" really is.
>>
>>84168915
Darkness is just the absence of light, of course it will always lose. I'd be interested in a story where darkness is the hero's main feature and light is the villain's main and the story boils down to chaotic good/neutral vs Lawful evil/neutral.
>>
>>84169247
Isn't there a bunch of stories like that?
>>
>>84169329
... such as?
>>
>>84168915
most people, particularly innocents, aren't the light; they're... neutral, I guess. Light must fight the darkness to save the innocent grays.
>>
>>84169329
>>84169632
I'd read that, and if there aren't any western comics, then I'd hope for some manga>>84169659
>>
>>84169247
One of the things I found fascinating about FF3, considering when it was released, was that the backstory did have Heroes of Darkness fighting back against a Flood of Light. Granted, we aren't playing as them, but it was still interesting for an NES-era JRPG.
>>
File: 1445260770293.png (41 KB, 608x878) Image search: [Google]
1445260770293.png
41 KB, 608x878
>>84168915
Darkness never totally takes over, it just makes things extra shitty for a while. Darkness can never "win" because most living things don't want that. If there is ever too much darkness people eventually get fed up and try to make things better.
Even assholes are willing to make the world a better place if it helps get them out of a bad situation or puts them in a better one.

"Light always wins" is just a cheesy way of saying "things can get better." Adding on "...don't loose hope" just means "...but don't expect it to get that way on it's own, keep striving faggot."

>Yes darkness is never totally defeated
But it can be reduced from "major problem" too "minor inconvenience" which is pretty acceptable for non-autists
>ENTROPY
Works a such a cosmic scale. You might as well worry about the heat death of the universe. If that is all it takes to make you abandon hope for having a nice life then you are probably on the right site because there is no hope for you
>>
File: Angelus vs The Darkness.jpg (818 KB, 1920x936) Image search: [Google]
Angelus vs The Darkness.jpg
818 KB, 1920x936
>>84169247
Do you like hitmen with a heart of gold, anon? Because that's basically pic related.
>>
>>84169247
I really would appreciate more stories were the big bad, or at least the endgame villain, used powerful light as their weapon/power. If only for the visual uniqueness in a dude threatening to consume the world in brightness instead of shadows.
>>
File: 1442656816033.png (132 KB, 529x470) Image search: [Google]
1442656816033.png
132 KB, 529x470
>>84170758
Poor Jackie

He deserved better then the ending they gave him
>>
>>84170954
Wait, the fuck happened to Jackie?
>>
>>84171065
He dead

No worst then dead, erased from existence. For a crimes that his doppelgänger committed, this might not sound bad in itself. But the problem is that the original story was supposed to be a 4 issue miniseries but that got scrapped, so the story was done in only one issue. In the Witchblade comics

To top it all of the way that they erase him is by
>Here is this object that we never hinted at existed before and now we are using it to remove you.
It was really fucking insulting, hell top cow as a whole deserved a better ending then what it got.
>>
>>84169247
That's literally the plot to the original Yu-Gi-Oh and GX.
>>
Light is the invader. Wherever light goes, darkness already waits.
>>
>>84168915
Because chaos/darkness always exists. To bring order/light, it must put in effort to maintain itself or sink back into the natural state of things
>>
>>84169659
#Godhatesgrays
>>
I'd like to see someone actually say the common sense thing. No, light and good isn't always more powerful than evil, but the reason that light and good keep winning in the long run is that, even when evil overpowers good and wipes it out and has no equal left against it, evil is, by nature, destructive- and with nothing left to destroy, an evil villain, organization, empire, planet, whatever, will succumb to destroying itself.

At that point, all good people have to do is clean up the mess.... although frankly, it speeds everything up if you can just nip the evil in the bud so that everything doesn't have to be rebuilt over centuries or millennia every time evil wants to scratch the old sadism/selfishness itch.

I want to see a good army fall back and give the evil empire their lands and cities, only for the overlord to realize they've pulled a retreat-and-destroy Russian Stalingrad on their asses, leaving the city storehouses empty and desolate and the farmlands barren and unmanaged, and have the bad guy slowly realize that he's left himself overextended, under-supplied, and in an imminent state of collapse because he has no logistics for rebuilding a ruined country.
>>
>>84170187
>"things can get better."
That's far cheesier than "light always wins".
Not to mention, simply not true.
>>
File: pear.jpg (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
pear.jpg
8 KB, 400x400
>Apple logo parody
>it's always a fucking pear

Why not an orange? Or a strawberry?
>>
The people who relied on the light (hero) never had a plan for when the bulb burned out. So they have to stumble around in the dark for their keys and run to the store for a new one (hero's journey).
>>
>>84168915
>Dark ALWAYS trumps Light
>It's a race against time to get your shit together until Dark wins
>When Light finally loses the final battle begins
>>
>>84171781
The silhouette.
A pear is easily identifiable by its shape.
An orange would just look like a circle with a bite out of it and a strawberry is, what, a triangle with rounded corners with some spikes on top?
>>
>>84168915
even if it loses, it can cause a lot of damage while the light stuffs it back into the pit.
>>
I always liked the idea that darkness was inevitable. Eventually, all lights burn out. And you can never truly eliminate darkness no matter how much light you have. It's in your shadow. It's on the bottom of your shoes. It's inside your guts where the light can't reach.

But a single candle can still hold back all the darkness in the world.
>>
In YJ the villains called themselves the light.
>>
File: icon175x175[1].png (27 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
icon175x175[1].png
27 KB, 175x175
>>84171781
how about a fruitbowl
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.