[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We're half way through 2016. What are your thoughts on DC's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 8
File: DC-logo-blog.jpg (32 KB, 535x300) Image search: [Google]
DC-logo-blog.jpg
32 KB, 535x300
We're half way through 2016. What are your thoughts on DC's performance thus far?
>>
>>84167006

Surprisingly solid, I haven't seen a bad issue yet, but not a lot of genuine standouts yet.

I think my favorite book right now is actually Aquaman.
>>
>>84167006
I miss DCYou books but at least none of Rebirth books have been downright bad yet
>>
They went from having one good book to having two. I guess that's improvement.
>>
>>84167059
mouseketeer
>>
Same shit, different art.
>>
>>84167149

Or maybe someone that just doesn't enjoy a lot of DC's books, lay off the company wars shitposting.
>>
>>84167200
Come on, man. Shit posting in inevitable but at least try to be civil.
>>
I've definitely been interested in a lot of their books this year. DCU was a weird place for a lot of heroes, but a nice change of pace. Best book for me was Sinestro. DC Rebirth hasn't quite been a return to status quo, and I enjoy that. I'm loving classic Sups and Lex. The new Green Lantern books have my interest. They got rid of Flash's shit DCU outfit. I'm looking forward to the second half of the year.
>>
>>84167182
I'm actually pulling more DC books than Marvel. Only 2 are actually by "talented" writers.
>>
>>84167200
get out of here, faggot
>>
>>84167259
Which ones?
>>
>>84167006
Pretty solid but nothing outstanding yet

I have higher hopes for upcoming stuff
>>
>>84167302

I can't fucking wait for Blue Beetles. Even if it is going to be cancelled after like eight issues.
>>
>>84167006
The highs were higher and the lows were lower in DCYou/New 52, but I think this concept of presenting a very solid mainline while slowly rolling out more niche stuff like Ennis mini, Prez, Midnighter & Apollo and Young Animal is really good. I'm into what they're doing right now.
>>
>>84167006
Same shit different year.

The number of people who have just fallen for the hype of a marketing play is unreal though. Who would have thought making baseless promises about some undefined philosophy on writing would garner such press. Or that just shifting the in-house writers and artist to new books would some how be a kind of revolution.

The people who created the nu52 are the ones still writing the shit on the shelves now. Why on earth do you think anything is going to actually change? Hell they even kicked it all off with perhaps the most desperate yet honest example of "we have no ideas left" by throwing Watchmen into the main canon.
>>
>>84167045
This
>>
All around pretty solid, though not exactly what I wanted to see from them (not that that's a surprise).
>>
>>84167006
I don't really like most of their exclusive contracts, obviously the struck gold with Tom King but Williamson, Abnett, Sharp, these guys aren't anything special.

I really love the artist on Flash, he's a great fit for the title and the colorist is amazing. The secondary artist has a pretty similar style so that's good, his people are a bit more cartoony.

King Batman is off to a great start

Sheriff of Babylon is the best ongoing at the moment

Young Animal looks promising

Green Arrow has been good, the artists are really good(especially Ferreyra)

Midnighter & Apollo looks great, Orlando returning and Blanco on art sounds awesome.

I wish Death stroke had better art but I:m really hyped about it

I like Giffen's idea of making Ted tech and Jaime magic, that title sounds very good and Kolins is great.
>>
My one question is can I just start at Rebirth

I wanted to start reading DC for a long time but don't know where to start. With Rebirth I'm at chapter 1 of them all
>>
No interested in any of the main DC ongoings , especially the double shipping ones. Vertigo is weak right now

Looking forward to Young Animal
>>
Eh. Pretty uninspiring.

Omega Men was great, but that's over. From Rebirth, only Aquaman and Batman have any glimmer of life in them, and even then I'm not totally sold. We'll see. Getting real fucking sick and tired of having to look into all these books every time they get a new creative team and finding out I'm wasting my time again, though. Reading mediocre books is just as bad as reading books that are actually offensively awful.
>>
>>84168175
You can literally start wherever whenever, so yeah, this is as good a place as anything.
>>
File: Rebirth.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
Speaking seriously, I'm really happy with what DC is doing right now. DCYou had a lot of good quality books, but unfortunately being tied up on C/D-listers doomed them from casual interest.

DC's current structure is great. Most of their titles are bread-and-butter characters which are guaranteed sales. The bi-monthly shipping dates are great for me since I don't have to wait for the next issue for long. Since it's bi-monthly, the trades come out sooner for me to purchase and allow them to go after the one section of the market that has growth potential.

I'm also glad that the spirit of DCYou will live on in Young Animal. The experimental titles for the C/D-listers are looking great. Since it's it's own imprints now, the lower cancellation threshold will help keep low-selling but potentially quality books around and more likely to be able to get packaged in a trade.

All in all, this is the happiest I've been with DC in years.
>>
I'm a tradewaiter so this effort to get trades out faster is A-OK by me.
>>
>>84167006

Still haven't found a book I'm interested in. I've been out of DC since the New 52 started, unfortunately. I pop into storytimes and see if anything catches my eye, but nothing is clicking with me yet (and I feel like decompression has kinda gotten worse? I dunno, it seems like so little was going on in the Batman comics...)
>>
>>84168447
Well, what kind of comics are you into?

And please tell me story types and stuff, not characters.
>>
>>84168175
I think all the Rebirth #1 issues that came out recently are really good entry points for new readers. I found them a little repetitive, but if you want to get up-to-date, they're great.
Not sure about the DC Rebirth one-shot. I liked it, but some newer readers were confused by it and some weren't.
>>
>>84168672
I don't think the one shot is suitable for people who aren't familiar with Flashpoint and all that stuff, most of them won't get it and won't enjoy it as much as someone who is more invested in Wally and the pre-52 continuity.
>>
I'm very happy with Rebirth and also Hanna-Barbera (well, save for Future Quest's continuing delays.......). Young Animal seems more and more promising, too.

2016 as a whole is kind of a mixed bag: the beginning of the year was pretty bad, all things considered. I mean, even if you were a fan of DCYou, a large number of those series had fill-in artists toward the end of their runs, so you had 2-3 months of second-secondhand crap.

But Rebirth has made up for it. The combination of HB and Young Animal also suggest that DC isn't giving up on weirdness, so I'm even happier.
>>
there's good stuff and there's stuff that's shit
it will always be like this and it will never change
>>
>>84168175
You can start there, but you'll want to read plenty of older stuff as you go along.

Like if you're reading Jurgen's Superman run, you'll want to go back and read Death and Return of Superman. Particularly the Reign of the Supermen arc.
>>
>>84168727
Eh, I disagree.

There *are* some Easter eggs in the DCU Rebirth special that require some previous knowledge. But stuff like Flashpoint? Not only are the main points explained in the one-shot, but a cursory glance at Wikipedia would tell you everything relevant to the story. I personally haven't even read Flashpoint -- and don't plan on doing it, either -- and wasn't remotely confused by anything in the Rebirth special.

I mean, in particular, only the tail end of Flashpoint actually matters, and that's explained pretty clearly. Everything else, as hinted at in the one-shot, was *supposed* to be as inconsequential as any other crossover (see: the extremely limited effects of Futures End, Batman/B&R Eternal, etc. etc.).

Plus, in a lot of ways, the one-shot is supposed to be an ad for DC stories both past and future. I think anyone could read the one-shot and want to find out why these stories and why these relationships are important to the DCU.
>>
>>84168175
You can start at Rebirth. Don't read the DC Universe: Rebirth one shot. It's largely a setting piece to establish the new status quo and really is for readers who are familiar with DC.

Each line has a Rebirth special (Batman: Rebirth, Superman: Rebirth, etc.) that serves as a primer for new readers and sets the status quo for each line. The first #1 issues for each line just came out a couple of weeks ago.

You're currently in the beginning of the first wave of books. New specials and new books for more lines will be rolled out the next three months, so it's a good time to start.
>>
>>84167045
Lobdell hasn't started publishing yet.
>>
Art in the Green Arrow is the fucking worst. I don't know how can people like it. And don't get me started on "You don't like stylish art" bullshit. Marlel has tons of them and none of you fags like it.
>>
Just as a reminder to everyone, next week's comics are:

>JUSTICE LEAGUE: REBIRTH #1
>AQUAMAN #2
>BATMAN #2
>GREEN ARROW #2
>SUPERMAN #2
>BATMAN BEYOND #14
>BLOODLINES #4: “HOMECOMING”
>SUPERMAN: THE COMING OF THE SUPERMEN #6
>BATMAN ’66 MEETS STEED AND MRS. PEEL #1
>ADVENTURES OF SUPERGIRL #5
>THE FLINTSTONES #1
>INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR FIVE #13
>THE SHERIFF OF BABYLON #8
>UNFOLLOW #9
>>
It's been good but I'm not on love with the new GL status quo, it seems like they're just going to reset a large part of the yellow corps' development and (maybe) fuck up the green one quite a bit. And I want L.E.G.I.O.N. to show up again so they can stop with the "only protectors of the universe" shit they're trying to use.
>>
>>84169152
Pure shit taste.

Green Arrow has the best art out of all Rebirth series so far.
>>
>>84169333

Aquaman has been great too.
>>
>>84169512
Don't lie to people. Worst Rebirth art, barring Booth/Dalhouse combo.
>>
I'm pleased DC has given me a fresh jumping on point so that I could add a few titles to my pull list, beyond that it's the same old crazy cape book stuff I've come to know and love from DC and Marvel. Been a fun year so far.
>>
>>84169611

Literally the only thing wrong with it is some weirdly shiny coloring.
>>
>>84169264
Interesting that you bring up Marvel. Considering this whole "rebirth" thing is straight from their playbook. The company that since 2012 has relaunched itself every nine months with the exact same formula of perpetrating an appearance of being new and exciting while just redressing all the old and battered ploys. Look no further than Spider-Man for the poster-child of this ilk.

Again, its remarkable that people have not caught on that DC is doing the exact same thing. People are starting to call Marvel out on this BS but DC gets praised? Baffling.
>>
>>84170058
The key difference is that Marvel did it every 9-12 months, whereas DC kept up with their schtick for 5 years.

Marvel relaunches when people literally don't want them to. DC relaunched because people were begging them to.
>>
>>84170058
to be fair all they've had were new 52, dcyou, and rebirth in a span of 5 years
and rebirth was done because new 52 wore off and dcyou flopped really badly
if they do it agian when sales are good i'm probably done with them too
>>
>cant have a single thread about DC without a DC fan randomly bringing up Marvel
>>
>>84169323
GL feels like it's in the same rut it's been in for ages. GLs is a slight breakaway but it's not enough and it makes me bitter

The rest of mainline DC is doing pretty good though
>>
>>84170128
I really wouldn't lump DCyoun with the other two. It wasn't a reboot in any real sense of the word, just a marketting push.
>>
>>84170122
>DC relaunched because people were begging them to.

Except their relaunch is not even a relaunch. Nothing has changed except the return of Wally West and Post-Crisis Superman isn't stuck in a less than 10k selling series anymore. Whoopie. (Actually don't get me wrong, Wally returning is a great move and something DC should have done back in 2011 at the start of all this shit)

Meanwhile the idiots behind the nu52 are still in control, still sticking to their guns, and still directing everyone. All we have are a few new writers/artist and shiny #1s plastered onto books. Same thing Marvel does every year. Pretend that everything is changing, but its still the same players all across the board making the calls and setting the course.

>>84170128
DC's had the decency to not go this route every year. I will give them that and am thankful that they have resisted the temptation for as long as they have. But I'm still going to call them on their shit when they pull the same crap Marvel's been doing by dressing up writer change as something innovative and mind blowing.
>>
>>84170239
they still cancelled like half their books to launch new ones

ones that flopped but still
>>
>>84170239
Marvel Now, ANAD, and Marvel Nower also are not reboots and are just marketing pushes.
>>
All of the first month of books outside of like Batman and Wonder Woman, were the ones I thought would be the most generic and least interesting.

The fact that I've actually liked most of them bodes REALLY well for the remaining titles. So hype for Hellblazer and Deathstroke.
>>
They have more readable books than Marvel and also more unreadable ones.

DC is big on extremes
>>
>>84170319
Green Lanterns is just that.
>>
>>84167016
>I haven't seen a bad issue yet
Good to know you haven't been reading Justice League.
>>
>>84170352
That isn't out yet
>>
>>84170316
>also more unreadable ones.

There isn't a single unreadable book in Rebirth thus far.

Even Green Lanterns, which should be abject trash, is alright. Nothing special, but not awful.
>>
>>84170367
The OP asked about DC 2016, not just the Rebirth books.
>>
>>84170436
Oh yeah Darkseid War was pretty shit
>>
Omega Men was awesome.

I'm really enjoying DKIII.

I am happy Nu52 Superman is kill and replaced by Post-Crisis Superman.

I am a lifetime Marvel fan but cannot stand the direction Marvel is going and haven't given them my attention since last summer.
>>
>>84169230
>Bloodlines is happening

Jesus, I always forget about this
>>
>>84170717
It's almost 4 issues in and yet I've seen literally nobody care about it.
>>
Did a video about this, posted it a little bit earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7yqLlC7k4I
>>
>>84169230
I am ridiculously hype for The Flintstones.
>>
>>84170717
>>84170754
They had to have it in the drawer and figure nothing was lost by printing it/contractual obligations. There is nothing about it that makes sense otherwise.
>>
>>84170254
>Meanwhile the idiots behind the nu52 are still in control

Didio/Lee/Johns?

They weren't the reason why the New52 sucked. Bad editors made it suck, and those are mostly gone now. Berganza and his friend(s) are the only mediocre/bad editors left.

It's also pretty easy to look at a relaunch and say, "SEE? NOTHING'S DIFFERENT!!!!11!1!!1" What, do you want every single thing to be completely different? As you can see from Marvel, people don't really like new status quos when they get rid of their favorite characters, so of course things are going to be more of the same.

Again, Marvel and DC are doing things differently. It'd be silly to say otherwise, especially given their difference in performance. If DC were just doing the same as Marvel, then Marvel would *easily* be able to spin the narrative to say their "Distinguished Competition" is just copying them. But Marvel _isn't_ doing that, because DC isn't copying them (not wholesale, anyway).

In this era where DCYou bombed, where Marvel's relaunches are getting on people's nerves, and where new readers are harder than ever to find, this was pretty much the ideal relaunch from DC.
>>
>>84171163
>Again, Marvel and DC are doing things differently. It'd be silly to say otherwise

b..but muh both sides are bad maymay
>>
Green Arrow's been awesome so far.
>>
>>84171163
>new readers

Aren't necessarily hard to come by. Marvel got whatever actual new readers it has by appealing to younger people who grew up with the MCU. It's why the Batman books continue to do well. It isn't really like a blind taste test:

OK, here try this Fanta, Sprite, Coke, Pepsi and 7-Up in these dark glasses, with blindfolds on, what do you like.

People will pick Pepsi or Coke because it's familiar and those that aren't big on caramel taste will pick one of the other options. But the larger group would be Pepsi or Coke. Now, slip in a generic caramel flavor knock-off of those in their place and those same people would still pick it and buy it, it doesn't mean they like it better than actual Coke or actual Pepsi.

Those casual fans are what Marvel is losing, they are getting tired of not getting what they expect. It's why Vision doesn't sell well, just like Omega Men didn't sell well, etc. etc.

However, what I do see and hear happening is people who were away from DC, who used to buy DC (people who used to drink cola but went and drank craft beer, or hard lemonaid or iced tea or energy drinks) now are willing to down some Soder Cola once again. So, in that sense, they are 'new' in that they probably weren't really buying any books, but have in the past.

>DCYou bombed

Marvel is also better at promotion. DC sucks at it, which is another reason. DC needs to release some digital titles only and promote them better. Marvel stuck copies of Vision in more popular books, DC should have tried shit like that with those free DC Sneak Peeks, instead of simply hoping people in comic shops would pick them up (and that LCS' would buy them).
>>
>>84167006
bump
>>
Their attempt at "rebirthing" the 90's Bat characters has been incompetent and insincere, and that's the only corner of DC I give a shit about.
>>
>>84167059
>Prez
>Midnighter
>Omega Men
>Calling one of them shit
>>
>>84168248
>Reading mediocre books is just as bad as reading books that are actually offensively awful

I suppose it all comes down to what degree of pretentious twatwaffle you are.
>>
>>84173008
>and that's the only corner of DC I give a shit about.

you deserve what you get
>>
>>84168727

I've barely read any of the backlog of stuff from DC around flashpoint, the crisis stuff, etc. all it requires is a basic understanding of the main crap that went down in DC which any /co/fag should be able to get pretty quick, and fuck, if theres a couple lingering questions they can just google the fuckin thing

nobody needs to read a bunch of backlog to "understand" rebirth its pretty straight forward.
>>
>>84167172
As someone who was a big, big fucking Marvel fan who dropped everything and went full DC when it comes to cape shit, no.

You are wrong.
>>
>>84173008

>insincere

lol, batfags.
>>
>>84173281
But DC is actually good.

Only cuck here is you?
>>
>>84173281

you have no idea what "cuck" means do you
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
>>84173328
>You can tell who a person is by their meme images!

How's autism treating you?
>>
I'm a little disappointed that, even a year later, there's still no follow-up to Multiversity.
>>
>>84173403

Morrison is busy as editor of Heavy Metal, among writing other stuff like WW earth one...

you realise how long it takes for major projects in comics to get rolling and completed right?
>>
File: STK696525-300x461.jpg (34 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
STK696525-300x461.jpg
34 KB, 300x461
>Swamp Thing
>Constantine
>Martian Manhunter
>Rebirth

All pretty solid I suppose. Manhunter got a little convoluted. Really enjoyed the Constantine run that just ended.
>>
>>84167045

Trust me, in a year or two, when the hype has died down a bit, people will start to realize that Rebirth isn't the glorious return of the good old continuity, but that we're now stuck with a mutilated Frankenstein continuity that is neither preFP or the new52, but an abomination that's been pieced together.
>>
Just follow comics for the writers so I don't really care about company wars bullshit. DC has Tom King so I'm interested.
>>
>>84173403
>honestly expecting a follow up to Multiversity this soon

I'm gonna guess at least 2 more years, probably 3 or more tho.
>>
>>84173452

Did that constantine run end well? i gave up on it somewhere around issue 6 i think, not because of the writing but i wasnt so keen on the art style, is it worth reading the rest of them digitally?
>>
>>84173541

Well if you're coming from the direction of both the big two sucking ass and you're an Image/Darkhorse/other, guy, that doesnt really leave much room for discussion does it

I do think in this case DC is the lesser of two weevils though.
>>
>>84173008
>90's
Burn your comics.
>>
>>84167006
so far so good, the only hickup (other than retailer exclusive variants >.<) is they dropped the ball this week with no releases for the 5th week of June, this has to be fixed going forward. I don't know if the answer is 5th week Events, Annuals or if the monthlies will be there to fill the void but this can't happen again
>>
Generally good but they need to get their non-Bat street level stuff under a writer/editor who can give it direction. Get grey characters like Jason Todd, Katana, Catman, etc, and make them go up against good guys like Arsenal, Manhunter, Grifter, etc. You don't even have to turn them into official teams, just wrap them up in a plot where their presence supports one another.
>>
>>84173879
I'd recommend it, yea. Theres no super show down or anything, but the story wraps nicely and is very much.. Constantine. No change in the artwork tho, so you're still s.o.l there
>>
>>84174119

They had Annuals this week, they just werent for anything decent other than Grayson which was also just meh.

It really wouldnt make any sense to have any other annuals because they're right in the middle of rebirth though .... Future Quest #2 was supposed to be out but Shaner works slow as molasses in January
>>
>>84170717
I still need to read #3, but it hasn't been horrible, just kinda dull.

I'm not pissed off about it like Earth 2 World's End, I just forget that it's a thing, like the current JLA.
>>
>>84174119
Based on the August solitications (another 5 Wednesday month), it looks like the monthlies won't change shit.

http://www.newsarama.com/29306-dc-comics-august-2016-solicitations.html

AUG 31 releases:
* SUICIDE SQUAD: WAR CRIMES SPECIAL #1
* DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #6
* JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA ANNUAL #1 (actually, this might have been cancelled...)
* EARTH 2: SOCIETY ANNUAL #1
* GOTHAM ACADEMY ANNUAL #1
* FUTURE QUEST #4
* DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS ANNUAL #1
* THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN #9
* SUICIDERS: KINGS OF HELL.A. #6
>>
>>84167006
>Still no Phantom Lady
Faggots
>>
>>84176379
>reddit
wow, you really got me there

still doesn't make any of the other rebirth issues any good
>>
>>84176440
Can someone put the link of the last Phantom Lady thread because I can't find it.
>>
>>84176537
let me finish lunch and I'll track it down for you

we should just start a new one
>>
>>84168447
The decompression in the wonder women rebirth special was insane.
I'm liking the pacing on aquaman
>>
>>84169230
Aren't Green Lanterns #2 and Future Quest #2 coming out next week as well?
>>
>>84176732
Future Quest probably got delayed because Shaner is slow as shit
>>
>>84176181

Who cares.... this isnt Nerd Sports, theres no score... anyone who cares that much about comic sales needs a fucking reality check.
>>
>>84176181
So it looks like 5th weeks are indeed going to be annuals and specials like DKIII. I can live with that. It'd be nice if they do one-shot specials or something like that during gap weeks.
>>
>>84176537

what the fuck is Phantom Lady...

this is more bullshit fanfiction wankery isnt it..
>>
>>84176787

it was delayed THIS week because he's slow as shit, its out next week.
>>
Green Arrow rebirth was pretty bad

"Social Justice Warrior" Yeesh
>>
>>84177250
no ding dong
>>
>>84177369
Hello Newfriend. Since that was clearly the first ever comic you've read would you like some recs?
>>
>>84170294
anad is a reboot
>>
>>84169323
The earth based gl book with baz and cruze is looking pretty good.
>>
>>84169152
I love green arrow and a bunch of the stylized shit at marvel. Even power man and iron fist which has some of my fav art between the two companies.
>>
Well, DC Rebirth was terrible, and all the Rebirth issues have been either bland or confusing. Events, on the whole, are just awful bullshit that confuse being complicated with good writing. A comic labeled #1 shouldn't be part 9 of a larger story, and I really couldn't give a fuck about Wally West, eight different Supermen, Batman's father from another shitty event, or what a non-Alan Moore writer wants to do with Dr. Manhattan
>>
File: 1466305755513.jpg (926 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466305755513.jpg
926 KB, 1080x1080
>>84177250
Are you serious? I didn't know people could be this pleb
>>
>>84178113
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>84178205
It's all true

Not to mention adding Watchmen to the "real canon" or the "real DC Universe"

It's all fake. There are no levels of canon. They're all imaginary stories. There's no need to make some autistic map to make it all fit together. Just write good stories about heroes
>>
>>84176501
Too bad for you that they are good and they are selling.

Guess you'll just to pull double shift shitposting to make up for it.
>>
>>84178264
Which is what they are doing. You don't have to like everything DC is putting out, but this is the strongest quality they've had in a long time. Hence the sales. Hence Marvel bombing.
>>
>>84167006
Meh
>>
>>84178264
>It's all fake. There are no levels of canon. They're all imaginary stories. There's no need to make some autistic map to make it all fit together. Just write good stories about heroes
Maybe cape comics aren't for you
>>
>>84178312
Lol okay

If you think good stories involve an autistic level of devotion to continuity and constantly alienating new readers, go ahead on

These sales are only good when compared to how abysmally comics already sell, and they won't last
>>
>>84167006

I'll limit my post to my views on rebirth only.

King's Batman has had a solid start so far.

Loving Detecive Comics and Superman.

Aquaman and Action Comics have been so-so for the moment.

Not reading Flash, Wonder Woman or Green Arrow.

Waiting for Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, Justice League, Nightwing and Hal Jordan and the GLC to start their rebirth runs.
>>
File: image.jpg (902 KB, 2400x1880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
902 KB, 2400x1880
>>84178264
>It's all fake.
I was unaware Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were actual living people in our world.

>There are no levels of canon.
Sure there is: one. Everything is cannon somewhere.

>They're all imaginary stories.
Welcome to fiction.

>There's no need to make some autistic map to make it all fit together.
You mean pic?

>Just write good stories about heroes.
They are.
>>
I'm always biased in favor of dc but I generally like rebirth so far. I'm pretty hyped for supermans line minus Hong Kong superman. Even Lois lane superwoman sounds neat. And while everyone loved Snyder batman im more than ready for something different. Snyder only wanted to use joker for his big batman events and his boner for mechs got to be too much. Court of owls was really fresh though but yeah time for new blood on bats.

I'm mixed on Wonder Woman. I know people love rucka and rightly so. His punisher was seminal. But her new 52 reboot was actually really good. I don't want them to go back to made of clay ares is status quo evil. I loved the whole new 52 pantheon and how they did it.

And who saw that Hannah barbera coming? They came out of left field with the whole thing. It was mocked but mostly met with wtf and now you suddenly realize no this might actually be stupid fun.
>>
>>84173403
Convergence was better.
>>
>>84173879
It was pretty good especialy the ending felt like hellblazer.
Art dident change though. I will admit it wasent the best art but it kind of grew on me (still would have preferred a more traditional hellblazer artstyle though)
>>
>>84177440
Why are people so eager to defend that fuckup I know Ollie was always rather far left but he was never near sjw level and even though he's not acting like one it was still a fuckup to call him one
>>
>>84178113
I'm pretty sure darkseid war is the only 9 partner in years.
>>
>>84179386
*9 parter
>>
>>84179357
Ollie is. guy that fights and has a focus on issues concerning social justice. Just because you mentally associate the term SJW to internet slacktivism due to whatever episode caused it to be some form of emotional trigger for you doesn't change the fact that Ollie is very literally a social justice warrior.
>>
>>84167006
>What are your thoughts on DC's performance thus far?
I skipped Convergence entirely ( for the same reason I'm ignoring Civil War Deux -> I can't into cashgrabs/bs ) and while I liked some of the things that came out of DCYou it was a cluster-fuck from a marketing standpoint: they were clearly just throwing shit at the wall to see what would stick and it was moronic to try so many new things all at one time like that and that lead to even more of those ideas failing than would have happened naturally if they'd been spread out over the year.

I was deeply underwhelmed by Batman Eternal and fucking infuriated by Futures End so I also ignored Batman And Robin Eternal ( seems to have been a wise choice if the reviews are any indication ).

So I wasn't terribly warm to the idea of Yet Another Reboot ( Fuck you, yes it fucking is ) and I wasn't impressed with Rebirth #0 ( too much Johns continuity wanking ).

But I really enjoyed the Green Arrow and Wonder Woman Rebirth issues! I hadn't read GA since just after Nu52; gave up on WW after the Finches took over; and Black Canary went to shit after the first arc so that got me hyped enough to try most of the other Rebirth issues ( Not GL though: Dogfucker's gonna dogfuck, just give him time ) and they're mostly pretty good. I was planning to pass on Titans ( I dropped Titan's Hunt after 3 issues or so of dull plodding "meh" ) but JL 51 was more fun than JL has been in a LOOOONG time so I'm back on board for the time being.

Zero interest in Babs backpacking across China (???); but I'll check out BoP.

Batbunny is dead and gone so I can read Bruce again; although I might drop it again if they keep using the Poser "artist" from the Rebirth issue. 'Tec was fun.

Worried about Hitch on JL ( his JLA sucked ) and I've been burned so many times with Suicide Squad I'll just wait for the first arc and see what people are saying.

Bummed about Vertigo but hyped about YA.

Loved the first issue of Future Quest.
>>
>>84179357
>Ollie was always rather far left but he was never near sjw level
Spotted the casual.
>>
>>84179357
>Ollie was always rather far left but he was never near sjw level
lol
>>
File: aquaman.png (48 KB, 156x161) Image search: [Google]
aquaman.png
48 KB, 156x161
>>84179357

HAH, okaaaay then.
>>
File: STL010799[1].jpg (255 KB, 1200x1767) Image search: [Google]
STL010799[1].jpg
255 KB, 1200x1767
>>84168789
>well, save for Future Quest's continuing delays
#2 have fill-ins in Jonathan Case and Ron Randall, and the original solicits for #3 and #4 are pushed back.

The new solicit for #3 reads as follows (pic related is the new regular cover):
>This issue is a “Vortex Tales” special written by Jeff Parker.

>In the first tale, with art by Steve Rude, Birdman and Agent Deva Sumadi discover a F.E.A.R. secret rendezvous with a terrifying force that the terror organization can’t control-but can Birdman?

>And in the second story, with art by Aaron Lopresti and Karl Kesel, race across the galaxy to learn the secrets behind the incredible power of the mech-crushing monsters, The Herculoids!
>>
>>84176181
>actually, this might have been cancelled
Hitch said that the remaining issues of JLA are pushed back (they may return as weekly or bi-weekly given that Neil Edwards' pencils are done) due to himself.
>>
>>84167006
Awful at the start but rebirth has been an amazing success.

Rebirth #1 my favourite read from them and Flash #52 probably the worst.
>>
>>84167006
I haven't read a DC book since Swamp Thing's ongoing ended. Looking forward to Young Animal though.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.