[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm extremely happy with DC's new bi-monthly serie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: thumb-16005-811_web.jpg (264 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
thumb-16005-811_web.jpg
264 KB, 300x450
So, I'm extremely happy with DC's new bi-monthly serie. I feel like I have so much comics to read, it's overwhelming!

But I do wonder. If single issue floppies do so bad with general audiences, how come comics don't focus on trades and monthly compilations?

Say, like Shonen jump?

I mean, DC has enough comics a month to fill at least three different compilation magazines a month. And they're more attractive because even though they're more expensive they have more stories, more articles, more community content and I feel like they'd save a bundle by not having to repeat the same ads every floppy.

I don't know, why hasn't it been tried before?
>>
They'd have to go black and white, which would put a lot of people out of a job? Maybe?
>>
Because I don't want to read about Batman's shitty sidekicks, I just want to read about Batman and all those other stories in the anthology are just a waste of space jacking up the price.

If anthologies were really the way to go Dark Horse's wouldn't sell like ass
>>
Anthologies don't sell here because people don't want to buy a book with shit they don't want to read. Just look at Legends of Tomorrow. 4 solid stories going on but it's selling like complete shit.
>>
Dumbass capereaders have been tricked into being collectors. They want floppies even though its a stupid system.
>>
>>84164590
Now, that just makes me think how'd they'd organize an anthology...

Justice League Anthology

Gotham Anthology

DC Universe Anthology?

Batman and the JL members could be in their own magazine while the Gotham Anthology could have Detective Comics and all Batman characters.

And DC Universe could just be those who don't fit in those other two.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.