[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, I need your help identifying a comic strip from my childhood.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: RcGyxEAXi.jpg (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
RcGyxEAXi.jpg
6 KB, 300x300
Alright, I need your help identifying a comic strip from my childhood.
You know the drill. Something you read as a kid and can only remember a few details of, so you have no hope of ever finding out what the hell it was, and the not knowing slowly drives you insane.

I remember this particular strip because it was a DC comic (it was a strip in some anthology I read in the car on a road trip as a kid in the late 80s/early 90s, and it had "Definitely Collectible" written on the cover under "DC," which stuck in my mind at the time) yet it was extremely gory.
All I remember is:
>It was in colour.
>Set on some stretch on road in the desert. Maybe Arizona or some American place with cacti.
>Some kind of werewolf or something got hit by a car or truck.
>Luridly-colored guts all over the place. Tyre marks going through the wolf or whatever the fuck it was. You could see its ribs and shit. I swear I did not dream this, by the way.
>Long scene of the creature coming back to life, Hellraiser-style, with the organs and bones and stuff re-forming
>something about it being cursed to live forever for defying god or something? And I believe it was some sort of Roadrunner/Coyote parody or somesuch?

I have a feeling this might have been a one-off thing in some kind of annual or something. The magazine I was reading it in had a bunch of stories, including some sort of "history of the DC universe" segment.

...This is going to be impossible isn't it?
>>
>>84160326
Animal Man #5: The Coyote Gospel by Grant Morrison
>>
that vaguely sounds like the morrison's run of animal man
>>
Animal man by Grant Morrison
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 443x222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 443x222
This it?
>>
>>84160380
>Animal man by Grant Morrison
https://www.amazon.com/Animal-Man-Omnibus-Grant-Morrison/dp/1401238998#immersive-view_1467266151254
>>
>>84160380

Holy shit, that's it!
What the fuck? This shit scarred me as a child.
>>
File: animal-man-5-coyote-gospel-022.jpg (171 KB, 700x1113) Image search: [Google]
animal-man-5-coyote-gospel-022.jpg
171 KB, 700x1113
Thanks, anons. I just read it again for the first time in decades.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.