[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i remember playing this as a kid. Is the comic worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Ultimate_Spider-Man_boxart.jpg (47 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Spider-Man_boxart.jpg
47 KB, 256x315
So i remember playing this as a kid. Is the comic worth reading?
>>
>>84156153
This game was originally going to be canon to the comic, but then Bendis changed his mind. Also the comic's a bit worth reading for it's younger Spidey.
>>
File: 1466908301236.jpg (76 KB, 500x569) Image search: [Google]
1466908301236.jpg
76 KB, 500x569
>>84156350
Any ideas on which runs to stick with?
>>
>>84156385
Only Bendis wrote it. Honestly it was all pretty good.
>>
>>84156536
it was before miles you'll know when to stop anon. it'll be when everyone else did.
>>
>>84156579
I stopped after Ultimatum
>>
>>84156153
Boring as shit. Next game.
>>
>>84156611
yes that's exactly when you stop. maybe read the aftermath but it pretty much is over after that.
>>
Thanks for the heads up everyone.
>>
Yeah, it's one of my favorites. I'd highly recommend it, at least up to the Death of Spider-Man. Whether or not you want to read past that is up to you. I personally thought it was alright but some people really hate Miles.

The whole thing was written by the same guy so there aren't really any "runs" to suggest. Just read all of USM up until #46, then read Ultimate Six. Then continue USM until 128. Then if you hate yourself read Ultimatum and the tie-in USM issues. If you don't hate yourself just read USM 129-133. Then Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem.

Post-Ultimatum, it was relaunched and renumbered as Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man. That went for 15 issues, then they went back to the original numbering for issues 150-160.

Then read Ultimate Fallout. Past that Miles is the protagonist and whether you want to continue is up to you. Since the Ultimate Line was failing, Miles is thrown into a lot more events than Peter ever was, though. So be wary of that.
>>
>>84157027
Got it.
>>
>>84156671
No way. Stop when the death of spider-man prelude begins.

USM was best when it was Aunt May's home for super teens.
>>
>>84156579
I stopped when it ended
>>
>Ultimate anything
AVOID LIKE THE FUCKING PLAGUE.
>>
>>84156153
too many races
>>
File: 1465619201592.jpg (274 KB, 721x887) Image search: [Google]
1465619201592.jpg
274 KB, 721x887
>>84156153
The game continues after the first appearance of Venom and the story was actually pretty good but then they removed it from canon. The canon continuation of Venom was shit but I would recommend reading the Ultimate run. Just know that it ends up to be garbage in the end.
>>
USM is one of the best comic runs ever made
>>
>>84159996
>>>/pol/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.