[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of the Mario cartoons from the late 80's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: nipperplant high res1.png (660 KB, 2198x2500) Image search: [Google]
nipperplant high res1.png
660 KB, 2198x2500
What does /co/ think of the Mario cartoons from the late 80's and early 90's?
>>
>>84147741

I liked the first two, enough to buy the box sets.

Didn't care for Super Mario World, to the point that I still haven't gotten around to buying it.
>>
File: Yoshi.jpg (20 KB, 680x541) Image search: [Google]
Yoshi.jpg
20 KB, 680x541
>>84147799
>>
>>84147741
Oh they are hilarious

Except for Super Mario World. That is an abomination
>>
Like the games, 3 was the best one
>>
>>84147799
>>84148357
Super Mario World was one of the best and is the more close the original game.
the true abomination was "Super Mario Bros Super Show" absolutly Off Topic and fucking boring.
>>
>>84147741
When did Coach Z grow a mouth?
>>
I was highly amused by all the DiC/Nintendo cartoons that I bought them all on DVD.

It's a good thing too since the Captain N DVD sets cost an arm, a leg, and your first born child now.
>>
DO THE MARIO

SWING YOUR ARMS
FROM SIDE TO SIDE
>>
>>84148452
I can't watch Super Mario Bros Super Show today without feeling my cell stop dividing themselves. The live action segments, however will have me laughing for minutes.
>Super Mario World was one of the best and is the more close the original game.
Wasn't the show based on Mario 3 pretty close? That one didn't have any cavepeople.

>>84149947
My friend got that on VHS, is it worth anything?
>>
>>84147741
Super Show holds up a little better.

World had retarded cave Beavis and 3 had some pretty decent action scenes while also having some retarded shit in it. The dog episode was actually fun though.
>>
>>84147741
Oh god that thing
https://youtu.be/1cIqJnZx1mI?list=PLFADB934D5ABDAE74&t=131
>>
Remember Lemmy's Land?
>>
>>84151169
Yeah but Super Mario bros 3 have some awkward episodes on "the real world"
>>
>>84151688

I just checked, and it's still active.
>>
>>84148452
It was horrendous when you were a kid because all you wanted was to watch mario being mario and doing video game things and not some fat old wrestler attempting to be funny.

But as an adult watching it now, the live action segments and cartoon segments are equally absurd. And the title song was unbeatable.
>>
>>84151169

>My friend got that on VHS, is it worth anything?

Probably not.

>>84151688

I remember their autistic (yet understandable) hatred of Bowser, Jr.

And wasn't one of their fan characters (Karma Koopa, or something) created by the wife of that guy behind that Jack furry horror webcomic?
>>
>>84151724
It's not. The webmaster disappeared without a word in 2012.
>>
>>84151941

Sorry, I meant that it was still up, not that it was still updating.
>>
>>84151786
i'm actually refering to the animated segments, the stories were really boring and off-topic, except some enemies from Super Mario Bros 2 there are nothing of """Mario""" on this show.

I remember that twisted biblical parody episode with jewish toads.
>>
>>84151688

Remember Nintendoland?

Remember Yoshi Stadium?
>>
File: king_koopa.jpg (198 KB, 1024x850) Image search: [Google]
king_koopa.jpg
198 KB, 1024x850
I remember liking the Super Show back in the day, but attempting to watching it now is just too cringy.

I fucking loved the Mario 3 show then and I still like it now. It primarily takes place in the game world and they keep to the characters instead of the old SS movie parody after movie parody.

I do miss the old Mario 2 bosses though. Mouser, Fryguy and Tryclyde made good evil minions.

They should have just fixed Koopa colors and made Wart as some secondary villain that came along with the Mario 2 minions on occasion.
>>
I like Captain Lou's Mario a lot more. He was much more like an Italian from Brooklyn.

Current Nintendo Mario is way too chef boy-ar-dee caricature.
>>
>>84152970
I remember that episode on SMB3 where the Princess Toadstool is a huge fan of Milli Vanilli, that fucking hack band.
>>
>>84152970
>Lemmy's Land?
The only thing that makes them distinct is that Cartoon Koopa is bald. Bowser is not.

Both also co-exist on the marquee of the Super Mario Pinball game as well.
>>
>>84152970

>Mouser, Fryguy and Tryclyde made good evil minions.

Clawgrip also showed up three or four times.
>>
>>84153267
I don't remember clawgrip ever appearing, I wondered if he was just not known to the SS crew.
>>
File: CartoonClawgrip.jpg (19 KB, 415x317) Image search: [Google]
CartoonClawgrip.jpg
19 KB, 415x317
>>84153267
>>84153318

He didn't have any lines and his appearances were little more than cameos, so it's unsurprising that he was forgettable.

Guess the crew couldn't think of much to do with a "giant enemy crab" character.

>>84152970

One thing I liked about the Valiant comics is that they did occasionally use game villains besides Bowser and Co., like Wart, Tatanga, and the Doctor Mario viruses.
>>
File: Punisher Ahegao.jpg (90 KB, 290x595) Image search: [Google]
Punisher Ahegao.jpg
90 KB, 290x595
>>84153506

>the Valiant comics

tfw trsrockin.com died but then I found a mirror with all of their scans intact
>>
>>84153009
Current Mario is slightly Italian Mickey Mouse. It's cute, but bland.
>>
>>84153506
They did pretty good making a bomb throwing mouse into some Klaus Nomi character, Fryguy into Wolfman Jack, and Three Stooges Tryclyde. hey could have dome something with a cartoon crab.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 180x134) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 180x134
You didn't tell me you had a secret weapon, Luigi.
>>
They're gay.
>>
What's with 80's kids shows having their characters do Run DMC style rap so often?

Was that really as huge with the young kid crowd at the time?
>>
>>84154620

Luigi?
>>
File: Super_Smash_Bros_(NA).png (853 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Bros_(NA).png
853 KB, 800x550
>>84147741
I still wish the series lasted long enough to have a Super Smash Bros cartoon. I wouldve loved to see how theyd handle Fox, Kirby and Pikachu.
>>
It's pretty dumb but the voice actors genuinely sound like they are having fun.
>>
>>84147741

GRORIOUS PEOPRE'S REPUBRIC OF CHINA
>>
File: 8916240.png (508 KB, 744x1142) Image search: [Google]
8916240.png
508 KB, 744x1142
>>84153723
you got a link buddy?
I thought I was the only one who remembered Valiant's Mario
>>
>>84154615
That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!
>>
>>84155512

http://catfish.it.cx/trsrockin/trsrockin.com/gamecollect.html
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.