[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why those movies are so cynical?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: TWCW.jpg (725 KB, 1566x1100) Image search: [Google]
TWCW.jpg
725 KB, 1566x1100
Why those movies are so cynical?
>>
>>84144590
Cynical?

Dark yes, but cynical no.
>>
>>84144620
Yes they are, even Cap acts like a selfish idiot.
>>
>>84144656
>Cap acts like a selfish idiot.
The fuck are you on?
>>
>>84144590
I don't think you know what cynical means
>>
Winter Soldier ends with everyone at shield refusing their orders to side with what's right. I didn't see Cival War, but Winter Soldier was about fighting back when the higher powers are corrupt. How did you get cynicism from that?
>>
>>84145284
>ends with everyone at shield refusing their orders to side with what's right
They side with a fugitive after giving a pretty lame speech.
>>
>>84144590
>y my engrish is so broken?
>>
>>84144620
>>84145163

Cynical means dark, serious and not fun.
>>
>>84144590
Cynical? A little dark yea but cynical no.
Cynical is if Winter Soldier has ended with SHIELD accepting HYDRA or their tactics as a necessary evil. Or if Cap died or something.
>>
>>84144590
Only CW was
>>
>>84145562
Wrong.
>>
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
>>84145562
OP, you're thinking of the wrong movies.
>>
>>84144590
Not cynical, but rather bringing the characters to situations they never thought themselves in and making them choose decisions and actions they will have to live with
>>
>>84145593
In what way?
>>
>>84144590
They don't know how to inspire hope, unlike the DCEU movies.
>>
>>84144620
Cap, the main character in both, remains stubbornly idealistic and wins out against the forces of repressive and pragmatic government initiatives. He's arguably in the wrong in Civil War, but even then, he saves his friends from one another and from themselves by his steadfast dedication to the ideals of freedom and individual loyalty.
>>
>>84145935
>He's arguably in the wrong in Civil War
Maybe if you're a globalist cuck.
>>
>>84146054
>he agrees with Steve's hyperfaggotry
>>
>>84146054
If Stark had taken five minutes to guarantee the safety of Bucky and Cap to explain that Bucky couldn't control his actions, the entire movie wouldn't have happened.
>>
Because this is a long 3 act structure and those are low moments in act 2 to set up the rise.
>>
>>84146121
They did.
>>
>>84146446
They didn't really.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.