[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss surly, poorly emotionally adjusted superheroes A lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: download (7).jpg (81 KB, 500x514) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
81 KB, 500x514
I miss surly, poorly emotionally adjusted superheroes

A lot of the new characters introduced lately are just... people. Normal ass people. Or worse, nerds. Most of the time their real struggle is adapting to the superhero lifestyle, which was maybe cute when Spider-Man did it in the 60s, but is kind of well-tread territory at this point.

Characters who are kind of messed up are more interesting. Why else do you think Iron Man is the breakout star of the MCU? Batman has frequently been like this in his long run. Wolverine practically codified the archetype, back before he died from overexposure. X-23 used to be, too, before she was turned into a generic action girl.

I don't care if they're women or brown people or Chinese or gay or transgender or dyslexic, I just want some new superheroes who aren't all smiles and social media. The stories themselves don't even have to be particularly grim and gritty, but I like characters who have a bit of grit in their personality.
>>
>>84143763
fucked up heroes are more relatable to me, personally

not because of the hero part, but the fucked up, barely even human part
>>
File: bernthalisher.jpg (33 KB, 345x521) Image search: [Google]
bernthalisher.jpg
33 KB, 345x521
>>84143763
Might be why he's so based.
>>
>>84143763
how about a hero who starts as all smiles and social media and then gets beaten down to become more messed up?
>>
>>84145309
Frank is more of an anti-hero, but I think that's kinda what OP was going for.
>>
I hate this too. I don't want to see a superhero who's focus is first and foremost living a normal, socialized lifestyle.
>>
>>84143763
I like characters who are generally losers or dredges of society but still use their powers for good because its the only thing keeping their sanity tethered.

any recommendations?
>>
>>84147856
Lee/Ditko ASM
Peter's super villain origin gets interrupted by the murfer of his uncle, but he is still a school shooter at heart.
>>
>>84143763
Not sure how you'd personally feel about it, but Robbie Reyes from All-New Ghost Rider would probably fit your criteria or at least some of it. His biggest and only real soft and normality spot is his little brother, Gabe, and he doesn't really see himself as a hero, nor does he often willingly play the part. Then there are his personal problems, not least of which is the entity that he draws his power from.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.