[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomb Raider comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: is it good.jpg (321 KB, 1000x1538) Image search: [Google]
is it good.jpg
321 KB, 1000x1538
have anyone read it?
is it any good?
>>
no one?
>>
anyone?
>>
It was pretty meh.
>>
It was fine. I read it for the same reason I read any of the Tomb Raider comics. Tits.
>>
File: Tomb Raider (2014 series) #13.jpg (120 KB, 900x1385) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Raider (2014 series) #13.jpg
120 KB, 900x1385
>>84140965
>>84141773
It gets better once Rhianna Pratchett takes over the writing (Pratchett actually wrote the story and dialogue for the game it's based on). She begins co-writing the comic with Gail Simone in issue #7 and becomes the series' sole writer in issue #13. That said, I don't know if it's a change only readers who played the game will appreciate.

Haven't read the new series written by Mariko Tamaki.
>>
>>84143631
can you enjoy the comic without playing the games*?
>>
>>84143812
I think so, although I can't definitively say for sure since I've played the game and can't "unplay" it.

The first Tomb Raider series published by Dark Horse build off of the story of the 2013 video game which "rebooted" the character so there isn't really a lot of accumulated backstory involved, and what there is of it is covered in the exposition in the comics' writing. It helps if you've played the game though, as it will give you a better sense of the comics' tone and setting.
>>
>>84140965
They're not bad at all.

They're not must-read comics, but still good.

>>84143812
I guess. The games are pretty fun though, so I'd recommend them.
>>
>>84144855
I didn't like the reboot of her character. The game was alright but her character was pretty bad.
>>
>>84144930
I'm going, to be honest, I got spooked the first hour of the game. It's one thing reading something spooky but to control the character while it's happening is too rough.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.