[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can one of you people give me a definition of "CalArts"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Latza Monkey.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Latza Monkey.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
Can one of you people give me a definition of "CalArts"? I keep seeing it in cartoon threads on /tv/.
>>
There is none. It's a buzzword. Anyone who uses it to describe a cartoon is a retard.
>>
Basically anything that resembles the art styles of some of the popular recent cartoons, despite the fact that some of them were created by people who did not attend CalArts.
>>
>>84137429
Memes.
>>
Calarts = I visually dislike this.
Degenerate = I philosophically/morally dislike this.
Reddit = I dislike how this is presented.
Tumblr = I dislike this for all of the reasons above at the same time.
>>
>>84137908
Cuck=?
>>
It means somebody is well on their way to becoming a big cheese in animation
>>
>>84139758
"I've run out of arguments"
>>
>/tv/
Get out and stay out.
>>
>>84139758
All the cool kids were saying this but i dont know what this means.
>>
>>84137429
CalArts is a """"""""""""""""school"""""""""""""""" that """"""""""""""""teaches"""""""""""""""" lazy ways to """"""""""""""""animate"""""""""""""""".

It's as simple as that. Most modern cartoon directors/producers are from there.
>>
>>84139860
>are from there
Or emulate the style. Don't forget that the Calarts apologists like to ignore this and go "NOT FROM CALARTS"
>>
>>84137429
shit art and sjw agendas
>>
>>84139860
It isn't even most, and CalArts isn't even well known for providing the "Noodle arms, bean face/smile" artstyle, it's well known for feeding pretty much directly into Disney Animation Studios, you know, the style that's actually been around for decades and was actually emulated to the point of market stagnation for a while there.

This new "CALARTS" bogyman is just an explanation for something that doesn't need an explanation: People who worked on shows before bring those styles over to later shows they work on, networks are more prone to pick these later shows up because the earlier ones sold well, and the style itself is cheaper to animate.

It's "existed" for 6 years, but in reality it's only existed for 3 years, since SU came out and faggots wanted a reason to not like it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.