[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dropped this show during this scene, I for care how close I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 865563.jpg (42 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
865563.jpg
42 KB, 350x350
I dropped this show during this scene, I for care how close I was to the end.

Their relationship came the fuck out of nowhere, seriously they never showed any interest in each other before this season.

Also Zhu Li was barely even a character before this season but now she's front and center with the main cast? And on top of that they didn't even attempt to flesh out or resolve her character in any legitimate way.

So yeah, anyway, did I miss anything that came after this?
>>
>>84135235
>Their relationship came the fuck out of nowhere, seriously they never showed any interest in each other before this season.
You pretty much described Korra/Asami.
>>
>>84135235
>So yeah, anyway, did I miss anything that came after this?
They show it was all an elaborate scheme by Varrick to get tax write-offs.
>>
>>84135235
I thought it needed more blackmail. Something like Zhu Lee having all the bearer bonds and hard currency, or ownership of 78% of his company or something. The only problem would be that Varrick would need to get new assistants. One for himself, and one for his new Chief of Operations.
>>
>>84135235
Wasn't she the assistant he constantly took advantage of the whole series and she loyally did everything he told her to? This was the most predictable hook up on the show.
>>
>>84135351
Tax write-offs? What tax write-offs? They overthrew the military seizure of the government and blew up the capital city! The government should be executing them!
>>
>>84135417
Not really at S2-S3 since they were both assistant-boss relationship while S4 was the only time Zhu Li ever had an extended personality.
>>
File: Absolutely disgusting.png (989 KB, 788x719) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely disgusting.png
989 KB, 788x719
>>84135279
>"N-no, it was there from season 1, you just didn't see it h-homophobe!"
>>
>its a "korrasamifag pretends that korra and asami's relationship isnt the worst and most hamfisted in the entire series" episode

Asami should have been dropped after season 1, her existence afterwards was superfluous
>>
>>84135235
So you dropped the show at it's literal finale?
>>
File: You suck.jpg (62 KB, 517x393) Image search: [Google]
You suck.jpg
62 KB, 517x393
>>84135529
They just didn't see what was obvious, that doesn't make them homophobes, it makes them morons
>>
>>84135539
>Dropped
I'd prefer relegated to recurring character. Then again if she had been just in the side lines, they would've hamfisted the brother love triangle again. Well that or had Zuko's descendant whose name I can't recall join the Korraharem.
>>
>>84135539
Not really, that would be Kai and Jinora

Varrick and Zhu Li was stupid and out of nowhere but it did get build up in the final season.
>>
>>84135581
Iroh, his grandson. He should have come back as a more important character as opposed to showing up at the end of season 4 to get his ass kicked

Asami just isnt interesting enough to keep around, if she was a recurring character she'd be like Varrick except boring and she'd have even less relevance to the plot
>>
>>84135638
Kai and Jinora was obvious from the episode Kai was introduced, yeah its cliched and hamfisted but its not out of nowhere, Korrasami is literally 2-3 lines of dialogue that could definitely be interpreted as just being friends and handholding in the last 3 seconds of the season
>>
>>84135235
>I dropped this show during this scene
So you didn't see the last 2 seconds of the series? Because that's all /co/ wants to talk about ever. Your first response even found a way to work it in.
>>
>>84135689
When it comes to internet fandoms, even two characters sitting next to each other can be interpreted as them hatefucking each other, full homo.
>>
>>84135689

Yeah, that moment they said "Hi" to each other, that was perfect set up for the very next episode to be about how they have a special and meaningful relationship.

At least Korra and Asami knew each other for longer than a day.
>>
>tfw you'll never marry a hot teenage girl and have sweaty passionate sex on your wedding night
>>
>>84135766
They were very clearly into eachother, it was dumb I am not denying but to say "oh wow there was no way to see that coming" is complete nonsense, it was incredibly obvious

Korrasami was only predicted by people who were actively looking for even the slightest hint Korra was gay, and all they got was some friendly dialogue until the end of the season. It was a cheap gimmick to distract from the failure the show had been overall

I dont mind if Korra is a lesbian, but at least set it up so its not retarded, and maybe get her a better girlfriend because Asami is only slightly less bland than Mako
>>
>>84135839
> It was a cheap gimmick to distract from the failure the show had been overall

I liked the show so I can't agree with you there, but I do agree that they should have had more obvious hints at Korra and Asami having attraction to one another.
>>
>>84135767
Might as well just end it now man
>>
>>84135539
Every single romance in the franchise other than Kataang was awful. Characters just paired up with no chemistry or buildup - They just became couples because the plot said so.

And even Kataang was average at best.
>>
>>84135235
>Also Zhu Li was barely even a character before this season but now she's front and center with the main cast?

No she wasn't, you clown. She remained a goofy side character just like Varrick.
>>
>>84136271
I never got the shipping of the first series.

Kataang was only ever brought up occasionally and never really meant anything, heck in "Jet" Katara and Jet are flirting up a storm and Aang don't give a fuck.
>>
>>84135235
>Their relationship came the fuck out of nowhere, seriously they never showed any interest in each other before this season.
Are you kidding me?

It was deeply, deeply obvious that the only reason Zhu Li was putting up with his shit was doing it because she had it bad for him.
>>
>>84135539
>Asami should have been dropped after season 1, her existence afterwards was superfluous
She was there to be the only decent person in her generation of the cast, thereby making the rest of Team Avatar look like shit by comparison.
>>
File: 9nohQh4.jpg (12 KB, 478x361) Image search: [Google]
9nohQh4.jpg
12 KB, 478x361
>>84135279
>>
>>84136509
Ha, and they say Zutarians are delusional.
>>
>>84136522
She was barely a person as it was. She only looks good in comparison to the other three because she never did anything except when the plot required her to.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.