[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instead of having six or seven earth Green Lanterns, why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (758 KB, 1959x2792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
758 KB, 1959x2792
Instead of having six or seven earth Green Lanterns, why don't we have a permanent pic related?
>>
File: image.jpg (563 KB, 1984x1528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
563 KB, 1984x1528
Or Hal as permanent "Black Lantern" and Kyle as "White Lantern".
>>
>>84132897
Because the words 'Green Lantern' sell more than 'Sinestro Corps', 'Indigo Lantern', 'Red Lantern', and 'Blue Lantern'.
>>
>>84132897
I honestly hope the GL movie is about these 4
>>
>>84132930
>Because the words 'Green Lantern' sell more than 'Sinestro Corps', 'Indigo Lantern', 'Red Lantern', and 'Blue Lantern'.

Ironically I think Guy was selling just as much as Hal was when he was wearing the Yellow Ring.
>>
>>84132928
I do kinda wish they'd have left him as a Black Lantern for a while, that could have been interesting
>>
CHANGE CHARACTER MAKE ME MAD
>>
>>84132897
I do like guy as a red lantern.
>>
>>84132897
I hate being a "not muh" but it feels wrong when they change colors

Guy as a red was fun for a while but I didn't want him to stay that way and I dislike Kyle as a white lantern
>>
File: image.jpg (739 KB, 1280x1269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
739 KB, 1280x1269
>>84133233
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Red Lanterns with Guy as a red selling well too?
>>
Don't divide by colors divide by story.
1)The lanterns that stays on Earth for Earth superheroics.
2)The lanterns as corp leaders involved in big space politics and empires fleshing out the cosmic universe.
3)The lanterns that work as space cops travelling from planet to planet having adventure stories in space.
>>
I like how it is now where the cute characters are in one book together while the others are being contained in the shitty Venditti book
>>
>>84133494
Reds sold around 22-25k I think
>>
>>84132897

Shouldn't Kyle and Hal switch colors? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Hal was fearless and Kyle was the one who was the most scared when he started. Do the yellow rings not work the way that I'm thinking?
>>
>>84133696
I'm upset because the GLs book is basically the GL book I have been wanting for ages but I wanted it to be about Hal but he's still stuck on Venditti's suffering train and now everybody else is stuck there too
>>
>>84132897
We almost have that. Arkillo and Saint Walker are on earth now.
>>
>>84133738
Yellow Rings are about inspiring fear in others

Kyle was the torchbearer, the one who kept the corps going after it was decimated. He's kinda perfect for Hope
>>
>>84133738
>Do the yellow rings not work the way that I'm thinking?

It's kind of both fear you cause in others and mastering your own fear
>>
>>84133738
Yellow can also work off how much fear you can induce in others and Kyle can't scare a fly

Hal picked the yellow ring because he'd use them during Sinestro Corps War and he had experience with Parallax iirc
>>
>>84133738
They work on other's fear, not the Lantern
>>
what was green lantern about before GJ invented the rainbow rings
>>
>>84133808
nothing interesting, cosmic DC was mostly seeded in other stuff like LoSH and New Gods
>>
File: Kyle pretty good at torture.jpg (184 KB, 953x1500) Image search: [Google]
Kyle pretty good at torture.jpg
184 KB, 953x1500
>>84133777
Kyle can be intimidating when he tries. He isn't cut out for it though.
>>
File: tarkin-decimate.jpg (61 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
tarkin-decimate.jpg
61 KB, 624x352
>>84133770
>the one who kept the corps going after it was decimated
>>
>>84133402
Look. These folks do exist. Just like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons is a perfectly accurate representation of a few of the scummy fucking fatass weasels I've met.

But really, man, it's a huge damn disservice to capeshit to act like it's the prime reason for people hating redesigns or new concepts, given just how crap the writing stable in the Big 2 is currently.

Actually, has Blacksad ever had a massive character redesign? I don't follow furry shit, but that crap's ancient, influential, and I'm curious if it ever made spergs flip out hard.
>>
>>84133808
GL personal problems
>>
>>84133953
>decimate
>verb (used with object), decimated, decimating.
>1.to destroy a great number or proportion of:
>The population was decimated by a plague.

What's the issue here friend
>>
File: Hal can't get a job.jpg (514 KB, 1200x1768) Image search: [Google]
Hal can't get a job.jpg
514 KB, 1200x1768
>>84133808
More interesting overall as everything didn't stem from "Emotional Reservoir" shit. In the late 70's to 80's you had Hal splitting his time between Earth and Space so he wouldn't be favoring Earth all the time which led to him encountering new alien species and some of his older villains like Evil Star. Late 80's had the Corps come to Earth and go back to a more Silver Age approach with Earth based shenanigans like Sonar, Black Hand and Goldface. 90's had it split between Hal recruiting and later patrolling Earth, John dealing with the shithole known as the Mosaic and Guy being a Yellow Lantern.

>>84133953
Let's put it this way. All 22 Guardians that survived the Crisis died, except Ganthet. The 30 new recruits that Hal and the others got into the Corps were either left to drift in space or crippled and left for dead. Oa got blown the fuck up. There was literally nothing of the GLs still there except Kyle. That shit was decimated.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 639x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 639x461
>>84133738
Hal has mastered his fear. That's why he's comfortable with yellow
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1920x1378) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1920x1378
>>84133752
Same. I just want Hal (or John) to be a superhero again and stop robberies and help people and not be some cosmic savior.
>>
>>84133808
Kyle Rayner (usually) being the only Green Lantern and trying to figure out what it meant to inherit the role of not only one of Earth's top heroes, but a universe spanning organization.

Before that, wacky space hi jinks, or Hal getting bitched out by Ollie and going on road trips.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.