[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unofficial /mu/ crossover thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: batman's an audiophile.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
batman's an audiophile.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
What music do you imagine /co/ characters listen to.

I like the idea that Batman is a jazz person, not just because of meme reasons. I think he'd prefer dark melodic jazz like Bohren & der Club of Gore or BBNG, although I imagine he could also like a lot of art rock like Radiohead.
>>
Superman is a canon Metallica fan I believe I've heard somewhere and in the last crossover thread we had, we determined Hal believes everything after 1979 is shit.
As a personal headcanon, I see Ollie as a country fan; don't even know how or why
>>
>>84133512
I think Ollie would be more into folk, but he could very well like both.
>>
>>84132725
Batman listens to WINS newstime
>>
File: moral_orel.jpg (28 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
moral_orel.jpg
28 KB, 500x250
Orel listens to Christian gospel music on the radio
>>
Big bands
>>
>>84133742
>Obligatory "for you"
>>
>>84132725
>Implying Batman listens to music at all.

I mean, if he does he probably just listens to the soundtrack of Zorro all day in his cave and cry to himself.
>>
>>84133710
And metal that relates to loving Jesus
Basically anything that's christian is fine in Morelton.
>>
Wondy I can see enjoying stuff like Grimes or Florance and the Machines but switching to some harder stuff before the fight.

I feel like Barry would listen to like Math Rock or Prog

Bats would make people think he listens to normie stuff but ends up listening exclusively to field recordings of Gotham

Supes I can kinda see into maybe country since he grew up in Kansas, but I wouldn't know much about farm life

>obligatory Cyborg likes rap cuz he's black

Hal won't listen to anything past the 80's probably, could see him as a big fan of shit like Led Zeppelin
>>
>>84132725
>he'd prefer dark melodic jazz like Bohren & der Club

/thread I guess. I always felt everything related to Batman is best when it has a noir undertone to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zl5vpy__dQ
>>
>>84133643
>>84133512
There's significant overlap between country and folk music, I can totally see Ollie being into outlaw/progressive country and singer-songwriter type shit.
>>
Obligatory
>>
>>84135321
Batman confirmed for Country and Christ-rock.
>>
>>84132725
T'challa only listens to Wakandian made African Tribal music.
>>
>>84132725

Bruce is a rat pack man.
>>
Superman listens to progressive dreamfunk.
Batman listens to post-avant jazzcore.
>>
whos the most patrician cartoon character and why is it jake?
>>
>>84134662
>Wondy I can see enjoying stuff like Grimes or Florance and the Machines but switching to some harder stuff before the fight.
No, fuck off. WW wouldn't be able to enjoy anything but traditional Greek music probably.

Could see Zatanna or better yet, Misty Kilgore being super into Grimes though. Hell yeah.

Supergirl would be super into a lot of hipster shit probably. Probably loves a lot of indie shit the stuff already mentioned, but also Rilo Kiley, Death Cab for Cutie, the Postal Service, and so on, even if that's pretty damn surface indie, but also has a secret love affair with EDM, which she'd love to dance to. I'd also imagine that she'd be super into J-pop and Japanese electronic music like Genki Rockets. And also still pop in general, probably a big Madonna fan, one of those hipsters who also appreciates more mainstream music too. Probably loves her some Tay-Tay as well.

Lady Shiva loves herself some old school gangsta rap. Loves herself some Wu-Tang.

Kate Kane is probably super into a lot of indie shit too, probably listens to a lot of college radio and such. But her favorite is Tegan & Sara. T&S is her fucking jam.
>>
>>84133643
I can see Ollie being into older psychedelic rock, blues rock, etc. Stuff like Grateful Dead, Cream, Blue Cheer, Quicksilver Messanger Service, etc. In fact, now that Dinah is a rock star for some reason, it'd be funny she teased Ollie for being a dinosaur for only listening to dad rock and being totally out of touch with contemporary rock.
>>
Cyborg only listens to minimal.
>>
This thread needs some more Marvel characters.

I think it's already proven that Captain America likes Radiohead and listened to Kid A, so maybe he prefers experimental music that's different than the stuff he grew up around, although I'm sure he has a soft spot for the oldies.

Iron Man likes hard rock or punk that someone could party or do drugs to. Andrew W.K, Black Flag, etc.

Bruce Banner likes ambient music. It relaxs him.

Spider-Man is into indie rock and pop like Sufjan, although he also likes alternative. Kamala Khan is into the same kind of stuff.

I think we all know what Star Lord is into.
>>
>>84138036
Cyborg just turns on an old fax machine.
>>
>>84140085
>Spider-Man is into indie rock and pop like Sufjan, although he also likes alternative

I feel like Spidey likes alt-anything. Alt-rock, alt-pop, alt-electronic, alt-hip hop.

Probably digs Wu-Tang Clan.
>>
I feel Batman listens to dark classical music only. Even dark jazz seems too upbeat for him. He's a true brooder in every sense of the word.

>>84133512
In my mind, Ollie is as 60's as they come. Psychedelia only.

>>84134662
Superman's parents might be country fans despite being kind of hippie farmers, but I think he'd also have a taste for all the 80's and 90's hard rock.

Wonder Woman would find ALL modern music novel, having grown up on an island cut off from all popular culture. Themyscira has musicians and singers but they wouldn't be much more developed than ancient Greece. So from man's world she might have a very diverse taste, with everything being so different from what she knows music to be. Azzarello had the joke about her enjoying hardcore metal, and I bet she'd like pretty much any recorded music she listened to.

Hal is a Stones man, through and through.

Barry probably doesn't listen to much music since he's such a workaholic and is always thinking. Maybe whatever's on the radio.
>>
Frank Castle- Classic Rock (though it was shown otherwise in an issue of Punisher Armory that he listens to fucking Belgian New Beat)
Steve Rogers- R&B, heavy on the Blues. Maybe a bit of swing and jazz music too perhaps?
Judge Dredd- Would probably shoot the radio and throw you in the cubes for obstructing justice with muzak
>>
>>84137418
>>84135321
>Implying his cowl doesn't blast punk and butt rock into his ears during patrols so he can channel the rage of the beast
>>
File: Doc_Magnus_BTBATB_002.png (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Doc_Magnus_BTBATB_002.png
165 KB, 1280x720
Doc Magnus digs space age bachelor pad music and exotica
>>
>>84134537
I'm somewhere between your opinion and and OP.
Jazz is a perfectly reasonable assumption to project onto Batman, or Bruce Wayne at least, but also he just might not be much of a music-for-enjoyment person deep down inside.
>>
Slight change in tone: Which /co/ characters would have the memiest (in /mu/ terms) musical tastes?
>>
>>84140629

>Bat-rock
>>
>>84140749
Matt Murdock. He only listens to lowercase, onkyo and EAI
>>
>>84137654 see >>84140438
>>
>>84140085
Cap, Spidey and Hulk confirmed for patrician taste
>>
>>84140438
>Superman's parents might be country fans despite being kind of hippie farmers
Willie Nelson.
Baby Boomers rationalize around the weed thing all the time, so I don't think it'll ruin the Kent's 'salt of the earth' appeal.
>>
>>84133512
>Hal believes everything after 1979 is shit.
For a dumb guy, that pretty fucking spot on.
>>
>>84133643
ollie would be into folk and the grateful dead.
also rap music
>>
For some reason I have the head canon that Martian Manhunter loves Anthrax. Jason Todd listens to My War by Black Flag a lot. Etrigan loves gregorian chanting and Gwar.
>>
>>84140438
>Wonder Woman would find ALL modern music novel, having grown up on an island cut off from all popular culture. Themyscira has musicians and singers but they wouldn't be much more developed than ancient Greece. So from man's world she might have a very diverse taste, with everything being so different from what she knows music to be. Azzarello had the joke about her enjoying hardcore metal, and I bet she'd like pretty much any recorded music she listened to.
Eh, maybe.

>>84141824
>also rap music
I like this.
>>
File: fPaL3TQ.jpg (272 KB, 829x1280) Image search: [Google]
fPaL3TQ.jpg
272 KB, 829x1280
>>84133512
Does anyone have sauce on this page?
>>
>>84144722
Ugh. It's only canon to project your shitty tastes on characters if DC hires you.

Then again, as a rural Kansas boy Supes probably has what I would consider an obnoxious taste in music anyway.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.