[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Apocalypse, I know a bird guy, we should totally recruit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: X-Men-Apocalypse-Angel.jpg (98 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-Apocalypse-Angel.jpg
98 KB, 720x480
>Apocalypse, I know a bird guy, we should totally recruit him for the horseman and stuff
>recruit him, give him metal wings
>be surprised when he turns out to be shit
I feel like Apocalypse didn't really think this one through
>>
The whole movie is pretty much just "Apocalypse didn't think this through"
>>
>>84132337
>>84132402

Why didnt Apocalypse just kill all of the X-Men Dr. Manhattan style?
>>
>>84132337
But he want surprised, he just saw him die and caked him useless
>>
>>84132438
Because the plot said so.
>>
File: 1397346514180.jpg (13 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1397346514180.jpg
13 KB, 244x250
>>84132438
>ow, fuck this speedster's a pain
>there, stopped his ass, also fuck your leg you silver haired homo
>I could rip you apart or decapitate you with sand or any number of things but I'm not gonna
>hey Psylocke, I can totally tell it's you, come over here and kill him with your regular sword, nothing too fancy
>OH SHIT YOU'RE NOT PSYLOCKE AT ALL
>>
>I really admire this mutant who saved the US president to prevent mutants from being viewed as villains
>"Want to kill just about everyone on earth?"
>Sure thing
>>
>>84132337
Adding a little claw to each wing was a nice touch but I still have a hard time believing Angel would be a significant threat, let alone take down the Blob

Apparently this Blob isn't invulnerable and his only power is being just a regular fat guy?
>>
>ERIK IT'S ME YOUR FRIEND CHARLES REMEMBER THOSE INSPIRING THINGS I SAID TO YOU YEARS AGO
>no fuck you charles we're not friends I hate everything
>ERIK IT'S ME RAVEN REMEMBER THOSE INSPIRING THINGS CHARLES SAID TO YOU YEARS AGO
>that's right I remember my good friend charles saying inspiring words to me!
>>
File: 143267453234.jpg (244 KB, 417x370) Image search: [Google]
143267453234.jpg
244 KB, 417x370
>>84132438
I had the same question about Doom.
>>
>>84132337
Everybody looking at blue skin Jennifer Lawrence as an inspiration made me want to walk out of the theatre
>>
File: 1311484375538.jpg (33 KB, 442x447) Image search: [Google]
1311484375538.jpg
33 KB, 442x447
>>84132916
>Mystique is now the Mockingjay
Yeah, this was retarded
>>
>>84132337
That's the thing about privilege, it makes you complacent.
>>
>>84132337
>Hits a fence and loses a few feathers
>now can't fly 5ever
Did anyone google bird injuries? There's a chance of those feathers growing back. Also, why the fuck were his muscles fucked? He could have just went to anyone that deals with birds and have his wing wrapped or something.
>>
>>84132402
Par for the course with Apocalypse, really
>>
>>84132337
>I will take the mutant that can fly and give him the power to fire metal feathers, making him almost as dangerous as a gun.
>>
>>84134086
For that matter, did he make Psylocke any stronger than she already was? It seemed like her blade was a big stronger but that's about it.

Of course, he still chose poorly there because she's an idiot that could've easily cleaved Beast in two but instead chose to mess around with a stupid psi-whip that's just as effective as a regular whip
>>
>>84132752
>Even if I want to help you I couldn't without Cerebro.
>Here now you can do it.
>Well, now I want help you.
>>
>>84132752
>Hey Erik, you mass-murdering untrustworthy flip-flopping son of a bitch, you sure you won't stay? No? Okay, it's cool, I'm just gonna let you walk out of here so we can do this exact same fucking thing in about 10 years.
>>
>>84132402
Reminder that comic book Apocalypse tried to drown Namor in salt water.

This is one of the most faithfuly villains ever adapted
>>
>>84132337
Just throw in the line "I must seek the bearer of my bloodline" somewhere in Apocalypse's dialog with Storm or Caliban and there you go.
>>
Apocalypse is a shit villain. Completely, utterly shit. He's only good when he's lurking about, all menacing, but once he starts to move, he sucks.

I haven't seen the movie but I'm sure that it's a faithful adaption of a typical Apocalypse story.
>>
>>84134356
Apocalypse already claims all mutants are part of his bloodline (it's why he kept doing the "my son" thing), so even then he still made some awful choices.
>>
>>84134398
Yeah the guy is a 3rd rate Thanos. And that guy is literally "OOPS I dropped the cosmic cube! Better get to my Thanoscopter!". Apocalypse is the textbook definition of jobber, even Ed Boon fangirls over him
>>
>>84132337
Apocalypse was manlet let that sink in
>>
>>84134398
Apocalypse has two good stories. His first appearance and battle with X-Factor in Fall of the Mutants and Age of Apocalypse. Every other time he has completely failed his potential
>>
>>84132688
TFW Origins did Blob and Sabertooth better.
>>84132916
This. In canon I don't know why she was famous or chose to be in one form that isn't how her human form looks like at all.
>>84132678
Storm saw his power, and I like to think she new she was over her head. I still prefer the *leak* that said she switched after jubilee died and took her room along with Jean.
>>84134298
It just wouldn't be X-mas without Magneto's yearly purge.
>>
>>84134398
>I'm sure that it's a faithful adaption of a typical Apocalypse story.
More or less, but they actually made him even more generic. He barely touches on the whole Darwinian thing that's supposed to define him and is instead a pretty standard "I'm going to rule the world as a god" plot.
>>
>Mystique is more of a mutant hero than Charles
>Mystique is literally famous for not killing the president
>>
>>84134490
In AoA he even jobs to a regular Magneto.

The movie is the first fucking time since its creation where he is really powerful and out of league for the x-men. He was too much for the team and they had to use the Phoenix pay to win dlc in order to win.

No shame in losing to the fucking Phoenix. Probably the first time bluelips doesnt job to regular mutants.
>>
Apocalypse should have just used the nukes
>>
File: pepe5.png (136 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe5.png
136 KB, 306x306
>It's a Magneto causes trillions of dollars in property damage and kills millions of people without suffering any consequences episode
>>
>>84134685
No one would be able to live there. He wanted a new world.
>>
>>84134623
It was bad enough that the future not turning into a nightmare hinged entirely on whether or not she killed Trask. Magneto making this huge show of force was apparently shrugged off because "oh, a mutant stopped him, so it's all good" but if Mystique had killed Trask, nope, bad end for everyone.

It's even more ridiculous in Apocalypse because not only is Magneto's debacle treated as something completely trivial, Mystique is seen as this huge hero. Apparently the whole human/mutant relationship thing isn't as complicate as everyone thought since all it takes for people to stop witch-hunting them is for one mutant to be a hero, nevermind that the entire point of the X-Men is that they still do good despite the world at large still treating them like shit regardless.
>>
>>84134685
This is such HUMAN thinking...
>>
>>84134707
In retrospective MoS is kinda small time compared to pissed off Magneto.

Whole buildings, bridges and cities were destroyed. There is literally no chance the death toll isnt below 1 billion. Yes. 1 billion. Specially poor countries like India.
>>
>>84134712
So this kind of makes Shaw's plan stupid then doesnt it because he basically had the same goal?
>>
>>84134649
>The movie is the first fucking time since its creation where he is really powerful and out of league for the x-men.
X-Men: Evolution made him pretty much untouchable, too. He was more god-like there than he is in most versions. It required an asspull to stop him, though, but they repeatedly showed that anyone who tried to fight him head-on would just get their shit pushed in.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.png (594 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
594 KB, 1366x768
>>84134712
>We are the children of the atom. Radiation gave birth to mutants. What will kill the humans, will only make us stronger.
>>
>>84134780
It's canon that radiation activates the X-Gene. There are a lot of people with an X-Gene that won't activate in their lifetimes, as shown with the countless human parents of mutants.
>>
no more stones
no more slings...
>>
>>84134780
Shaw's belief (which has neither been proven or disproven in the films so far) was that,
1. The atomic bomb caused a rapid increase in the mutant population
2. Mutants are stronger/more adaptable/more likely to survive than humans
Therefore, 3. Humans would be wiped out by a global nuclear attack, but mutants would manage to survive

So perhaps A. Shaw was wrong and didn't realize it, or B. Apocalypse didn't know about the atom bomb/mutant gene correlation.

Or C. Bad writing
>>
>>84134773

its 1983 the population isn't that high, it's probably like 500m
>>
>>84134917
Literally the only instance where Apocalypse was cool. Also he would have been a bit better had he'd been a bit taller and his voice was spooky 24/7
>>
>>84134921

Apocalypse didn't want to kill all humans, he wanted them as slaves.Apocalypses belives in rule via a caste system mutants are ones with rights, freedom and lives. Humans are the peasants.

Shaw liked to experiment, his theory was nukes would cause more mutants, and he had the means to test this theory, so he tried to start nuclear war.
>>
Fingers crossed X-force brings back archangel with blue skin and a new actor. Like wouldn't some evil mutant take his body and revive him as a slave? Maybe deadpool and cable free him?

God damn it... I want a proper archangel
>>
>>84133198
>Warren
>being smart
>in any universe
He got on O5 only because he's rich, not because he's useful at anything.
>>
>>84134798
This guy had one of the coolest looking powers in a movie to date
>>
>>84135057
>>84134921
Nuclear war would create more mutants in that more X-genes would be activated due to stress and danger
But it really wouldn't be worth it
>>
>>84135189

It was established really early on beast was the smart one, ice man was the dumb and warren was the pretty boy.
>>
>>84132402
His first mistake was taking Psylocke instead of Caliban. The guy literally detects mutants, but apparently Psylocke going "I know where to find some" was just as good to Pharaoh Phaggotry
>>
Why was Moira even in this one?
>>
>>84136905
Because shut up.
>>
>>84134352
>Reminder that comic book Apocalypse tried to drown Namor in salt water.
You fucking what?

Source?
>>
>>84132402
He probably had a concussion from that pyramid falling on him. Cut him some slack.
>>
>Apocalypse needs to mind-ride into Xavier's body to take his power and thus telepathically connect to and control all people
Wait, but the only reason Xavier could do that at all was with Cerebro, and the only reason he could do that without it was because Apocalypse was boosting him. Wouldn't Apocalypse get the same effect with any other telepath? All he needs is a telepath to begin with, he provides all the steroids, so why did he specifically need Xavier?
>>
>>84137719
We've seen Jean have a hard time with Cerebro, so I think Xavier's the only one strong enough to handle telepathy on that big a scale.

But then again, Apocalypse can apparently just amplify your powers to absurd levels anyway so he could probably take a regular psychic and push them to Professor X levels, so once again Apocalypse did not think this through.
>>
>>84137719
To get inside him.
>>
>>84134707
So is nobody gonna talk about Magneto destoying fucking Auschwitz?
>>
>>84132337
Apocalypse was lacking his master race rhetoric. He had some but not enough
>>
>>84133198
Being a freaky angel mutant might have had something to do with his compromise.
>>
>>84132688
>Apparently this Blob isn't invulnerable

I don't think Blob was ever invulnerable, just really fucking big, heavy and durable, and a personal gravity field.
>>
>>84137719
It's probably because of Xavier's being one of the strongest telepaths out there that allowed him to connect to everybody's minds after he was boosted by Apocalypse. Nobody else is close enough for it to matter.
>>
>Movie constantly tells me how powerful Apocalypse is
>All he does is build a fucking pyramid

Why the fuck didn't he do anything? Also...

>Steals Professor X's body....oh shit I'm stuck in a paralysed body now
>>
>>84134068
Yeah, they got his character down to a tee.
>>
>>84139343
He kept all the powers every time he transferred, he could probably fix Charles' legs. Would have been pretty funny though if he succeeded and went WELCOME TO DIE X-MEN before trying to walk off the bed and fall face first into the ground.
>>
>>84136905
For the no homo effect.
>>
>>84132337

Ok, so movie warren was pretty pathetic, this is true. But the scene where he got his metal wings was still METAL as fuck, and he's more of a credible threat in the comics if i recall correctly.
>>
File: AquaFrank.jpg (602 KB, 1206x1798) Image search: [Google]
AquaFrank.jpg
602 KB, 1206x1798
>>84137225
>>
>>84132337
>I feel like Apocalypse didn't really think this one through
"Maybe I should reconsider recruiting more than four people."
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.