[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G I Joe the Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: GI-Joe-The-Movie.jpg (45 KB, 391x519) Image search: [Google]
GI-Joe-The-Movie.jpg
45 KB, 391x519
Can we talk about the complete insanity that is this film?
>>
>>84130693
This is the one that had Cobra Commander turn into a snake and CobraLa try to bomb the planet?

I watched this movie religiously while growing up.
>>
>>84130761
Yes, with that awesome OP song.
>>
File: penalclamtentacles.jpg (230 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
penalclamtentacles.jpg
230 KB, 720x540
>>
>>84130806
That entire movie was the best kind of acid trip.
>>
>>84130761
Yep, that's the one.
With Don "Miami Vice" Johnson as Falcon, and Burgess "The Penguin" Meredith as Golobulus.

Also the death of Duke, to be replaced with General Hawk, only to have the studio back out of killing Duke after thousands of little kids lost their shit at Optimus Prime dying.
>>
making Cobra a secret David Icke style reptilian cult was an odd choice
>>
>>84130916
"I USSSSSSE TO BE A MAN"
>>
>>84130693

It's so weird, probably not the movie fans wanted at the time, but entertaining.

Operation Dragonfire's a decent followup and the only thing from the DiC seasons worth watching. At the very least it turns Cobra Commander human again.
>>
We had this on VHS when I was a kid and it was one of the few animated films we owned that wasn't Disney, so this was my main point of reference for GI Joe for a LONG time.

You can imagine my disappointment when I eventually fond out the rest of the series wasn't anywhere near as fucking insane as this movie.

Was Cobra-La ever followed up on in the comics or other media?
>>
>>84131004
I'm not sure of the cartoon but I know the original comic never did any thing with it since Larry Hama though it was dumb.
Though I did find this page that goes in depth on Cobra-La. http://www.bogleech.com/cobrala.html
>>
>>84131167

>but I know the original comic never did any thing with it since Larry Hama though it was dumb.

Makes sense, I would probably think it was dumb too if someone took my techno-military franchise and added a bunch of Ancient Aliens bullshit to it that made literally no sense.
>>
Here's how Cobra-La came about strait from Joepedia

"According to cartoon story editor and writer Buzz Dixon, the creation of Cobra-La was a by-product of the different thinking between Hasbro and the Sunbow writers about the nature of Cobra. Hasbro had developed a new toy to be released as the "Cobra Emperor" (later named as "Serpentor") and intended that he would be the previously unseen superior of Cobra Commander who had always been present. However Dixon objected that this was in complete contradiction to previous episodes that had established Cobra Commander as the sole head of the organization. He put forward two possibilities for the "Emperor" character becoming the new leader in place of Cobra Commander after the latter's failings caused dissatisfaction - either the senior Cobras deciding to literally create a new leader or that Cobra was a front for a more secretive organization who sent Serpentor to replace Cobra Commander. Hasbro liked both ideas and asked that they be combined."
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.