[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Billy Zane had played Lex Luthor in Dawn of Justice, i'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: lex luthor.jpg (63 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
lex luthor.jpg
63 KB, 1200x800
If Billy Zane had played Lex Luthor in Dawn of Justice, i'd probably have given the film a 9/10.
>>
>>84127791
They're not looking for someone to do a good job, they're just looking for someone popular.
>>
Michael Rosenbaum would have been perfect. It'd still be a shitty movie tho
>>
>>84127844
Jesse Eisenberg isn't really popular, he's probably just as popular as Zane.
>>
>>84127791
Billy Zane? He's a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>84127916
Who is Zane?
>>
>>84127916
yeah, people just wonder how Jesse keeps getting work
>>
Billy Zane has always been my ideal Lex Luthor. And frankly, he'd be perfect.

>LOOKS the goddamn part, which is a major plus
>tall, physically impressive, and imposing
>very capable of playing villainous roles
>capable of speaking in a deep, sinister-sounding voice that commands respect
>good actor
>Greek, which is somewhat important since Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were inspired by Telly Salavas, another actor of Greek descent, when designing DCAU Lex

He'd pretty much be a perfect 1:1 translation of DCAU Lex Luthor. It'd be so fucking perfect.

Too bad things like this will never happen because of Murphy's Law.
>>
File: Quentin_Lance.png (923 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Quentin_Lance.png
923 KB, 1280x720
>>84127791
>Billy Zane
I thought that was Felicity's mums boyfriend at first.
>>
>>84127916

I forget, what was that big-budget film that Zane was in in the past 10 years...?
>>
>>84128204
That's a very hairy chest.
>>
>>84127844
Nailed it in the first comment.
>>
>>84127791
No the problem with Lithor wasn't the acting it was the writing.

Had they started off normal and left the spazzy tics towards the end as a sign Luthor has lost his shit it would have been ok.

But he was spazzy from scene one and it sabotages the movie.
>>
File: Ansem SoD.jpg (63 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Ansem SoD.jpg
63 KB, 1280x718
>>84127791
He would have added a certain all consuming DARKNESS to the role.
>>
File: Ant-Man_screenshot_22.jpg (573 KB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man_screenshot_22.jpg
573 KB, 3456x2304
>TFW pic related was a better Lex
>>
>>84127791
>>84132654
Would Marvel even have allowed Zane to play Lex after he played Cross in Ant-Man?
>>
>>84128141
right on all accounts.

however, after having seen the film, I'm happy they didn't waste him.

He is the perfect realization of lex. shit, he even voices lex sometimes.

the worst thing is, he'll never be lex. they'll try for another few years to keep this version of the DCCU afloat and they'll fail. then they'll wait until zane is wayyyyy too old to play the part before ((someone)) tries to reboot the role.
>>
File: 4617645-ioupejz.gif (1 MB, 350x347) Image search: [Google]
4617645-ioupejz.gif
1 MB, 350x347
>>84128141
>yfw the live action DC cinematic universe will never even come close to the DCAU
>>
>>84136460
Thanks to that Jew Eisenberg
>>
>>84133759
I'm not sure if you're joking here or just not very bright
>>
>>84127967
Listen to your friend, Billy. He's a cool guy.
>>
>>84127791
I imagine he would have played a composed plotting lunatic rather than a raving plotting lunatic.
>>
>>84132654
He'd for sure be better than Eisenburg, I don't think he'd be better than Zane though... Zane just looks perfect. How did Snyder fuck up that bad?
>>
>>84132654
Better Lex than Eisenberg? For sure. I kept on watching this movie thinking, "This dude would make a great Luthor."

>>84136014
>the worst thing is, he'll never be lex. they'll try for another few years to keep this version of the DCCU afloat and they'll fail. then they'll wait until zane is wayyyyy too old to play the part before ((someone)) tries to reboot the role.
Yep. Precisely. A waste of a good opportunity because the people in charge of the DCEU are morons.

>>84136460
Nope. Never will probably, unfortunately.
>>
>>84136808
>How did Snyder fuck up that bad?
They were going for shock casting and hoping for another Heath-Joker accidental success.
>>
>>84127791
That's INZANE
>>
>>84136916
>They were going for shock casting and hoping for another Heath-Joker accidental success.
Pretty much.

The thing about Heath Ledger though, is that with all the makeup, along with Ledger's amazing acting, he was REALLY able to capture the Joker perfectly, to the point where he was practically unrecognizable in the role. Other than some differences from the comicbook version, like the face paint, his portrayal is pretty much spot on. He's not too different from any other Joker.

Eisenberg, however, just acted like a spergy, antagonistic nerd, which is pretty far off from any version of Lex. It's like they forgot that Heath Ledger actually managed to nail the role and actually came off as the Joker, whereas with Luthorberg, you can't actually watch his performance and think, "This guy is totally Lex Luthor."
>>
>>84136978
I didn't say Ledger was a bad choice. He fucking nailed it and the internet all ate a big ass plate of crow.

What I'm saying is, their strategy now is to shock-cast huge piles of characters and just swing for the rafters, and it's not working, based on BvS.
>>
>>84137035
That's literally just reinforcing what I was trying to say.
>>
>Le bald man should be Lex Luthor

Shut the fuck up
>>
They could have shaven and black-faced Clancy Brown and still have had a better Lex than Eisenberg.
>>
>>84137054
Yeah, I'm agreeing with you and trying to clarify what I mean to other posters.
>>
>>84128141

I always thought Dwayne Johnson could pull of the DCAU Luthor.
>>
>>84128896
Isn't he blacklisted?
>>
>>84136014
>He is the perfect realization of lex. shit, he even voices lex sometimes.

That has never happened.....yet.
>>
>>84127791
>i'd probably have given the film a 9/10
i gave it a solid 9... with billy zane it would be a clean 10
>>
>>84128141
>>84127791
I never realised how much I wanted this. Fuck you, /co/.
>>
>>84127791
Yeah, casting Lex Luthor is what kept it from being a 9/10. Right.
>>
>>84128141
I remeber him from that Tales from The Cript movie...dudes knows how to plain the villain part for reals
>>
just finished watching the ultimate cut, and honestly, if you take out the abusive dad shit, and tone down the neuroses, even the script would be salvagable. i can imagine a composed lex giving the library event speech about prometheus, i can imagine him playing a darker more sinsiter version of the manic lex from the ending. shiiit.
>>
>>84138766
Why?
>>
>>
>>84141992
Lex would have actually read Hesiods Theogony and wouldn't have reached the absurd, child like conclusion about the meaning of the myth that movie Lex did though.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.