[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kung Fu Panda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 14
File: KFP3-teaser-wide.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
KFP3-teaser-wide.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1080
so, where do we go into chapter 4 and beyond?
>>
File: 1400536092763.png (179 KB, 381x459) Image search: [Google]
1400536092763.png
179 KB, 381x459
It's so sad seeing what was once a relatively beloved, cute franchise with a considerable fan gathering get dropped so hard it literally disappears out of thin air.
>>
File: ShinFOTNS.jpg (12 KB, 350x269) Image search: [Google]
ShinFOTNS.jpg
12 KB, 350x269
Shin > Shen
>>
>>84125234
That panda on the far right seems pretty enamored with Po's asshole.
>>
>>84125234
If they're going to go any further, then it has to be a new protagonist. Po's arc is complete, they really can't do much more with his character.

>>84126286
What? I thought people liked KFP3?
>>
>>84126633
neato digitos.
>What? I thought people liked KFP3?
It's the least popular out of the entire franchise. It's frequently called mediocre too so there's that.
>>
>>84126894
while the first act wasn't all that special, I still found it pretty good.

maybe not the best in the series, but I still wouldn't call it bad.
>>
>>84127266
confession time; have not watched it yet.

how well does the villain hold up? he doesn't seem all that intimidating to me, that's for sure.
>>
File: kung-fu-panda-3-trailer-kai.png (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
kung-fu-panda-3-trailer-kai.png
1 MB, 1280x544
>>84127424
Villain is entertaining, does some cool shit (pic related) and he has a pretty cool leitmotif, but overall he's definitely no Shen. Kinda meh.
>>
>>84127424
Not as good as peacock, but better than snow leopard
>>
File: EXPANSION IN PROGRESS.gif (4 MB, 275x197) Image search: [Google]
EXPANSION IN PROGRESS.gif
4 MB, 275x197
>Listen to OST
>There's some good stuff, but it's nowhere near as god-tier as the previous movies music
>The Dragon Warrior starts playing
>mfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJBn_2BpyU

John Powell did the previous movies much better, but GOD DAMN THIS ONE TRACK
Too bad some of the best music from the movie isn't even included on the OST god damn it WHY
>>
File: 1442718489723.jpg (194 KB, 1616x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442718489723.jpg
194 KB, 1616x1080
>>84127496
so he's the flashy kind of bad guy with lots and lots of colors and hazes and all that stuff? huh. even tai lung had that to some extent, and shen had a red/white motif to him as well, so it's great that they're keeping up with that aspect.

something I'm not all that in for though, is how centered the plotline is on Po's family and shit

like, wasn't his entire race like, killed by shen or something? and now they're all doing fine and dandy all of a sudden, making dreamworks faces in the promo poster and shit?
>>
File: KAI HAS RETURNED.png (622 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KAI HAS RETURNED.png
622 KB, 1280x720
>>84127744
Yeah, like the previous movies he has his own trademark color, so pretty much every time he appears the entire background turns jade green, it's pretty cool. He's definitely different from the previous villains in that he has a certain sense of pride, but unlike Tai Lung he jokes around from time to time. He's obsessed with people knowing his name, so it's a running joke that they don't and he gets upset.
Honestly this is by far visually the prettiest movie in the trilogy.

The sudden return of panda's is a bit weird, and the "lol wacky panda shenanigans" scenes are the low points of the series, all the scenes about Po and his dad are very well done, especially those with both Li and Ping.
>>
File: 1424257416914.jpg (115 KB, 750x518) Image search: [Google]
1424257416914.jpg
115 KB, 750x518
>>84128003
>He's obsessed with people knowing his name, so it's a running joke that they don't and he gets upset.
okay this kinda almost makes me sad to know that he's probably gonna end up killed by Po and co. He must have pulled some pretty nifty shit for the F5 to be pissed off at him in the first place. I'm guessing he's got something to do with some sort of 'ancient warrior returning to mend his wrongings' device plot or some shit.
>>
>>84128518
he's the lich king of china
>>
>>84127266
>while the first act wasn't all that special
The first act was literally a 10/10 for me, and everything I had hoped for a second sequel. It's the overly light-hearted "funny action" and retreads of story beats from the first two movies that left me disappointed, and that was all in the second half of the movie.
Still one of the best looking CG films I've seen.
>>
>>84125234
A new trilogy (Dreamworks allegedly plan to make 6 KPF movies) Probably focusing on a new generation of Kung Fu warriors training under Po with new settings and further world-building. I mean who is the emperor of China in this? Is it another Peacock or something? What's outside of ancient China? They could go a lot of places with it, like ATLA did.
>>
more Spirit World please
>>
>>
File: Inner Peace.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Inner Peace.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
also more of this
>>
They worship SATAN so they show that all the filthy chinese are going to HELL.
>>
>>84132813
come again?
>>
just watched the third movie. It was horribly rushed and hollow. Everything just kind of solved itsellf perfectly at the end of the movie without any development or effort. Po literally just got a power up at the end for no reason. Oh, you realized who you truly are is "The Dragon Warrior" I thought that was the first movie's ending? Now you are a master of chi magic and Oogway's true successor over sifu even though you did no training and learned literally nothing about what Chi even is? Fuck you. Also, you don't need to know anything about kung fu to be able to fend off any of the greatest masters from all the villages in china, just learn how the roll down a hill real good, and apparently all you need to do to learn chi magic is to rub your hands together and thank po for teaching you how to hug.
>>
I felt like 3 was just a repetition of 1.

I blame the Chinese intervention on the movie.
>>
It was a very pretty movie, but the story was meh.
The opening scene is probably one of the best compositions of sound and visuals I've seen in a while.
>The final note of the first part of Kai's theme synching up with Oogway deflecting the his blade
>That moment when Oogway creates the giant shield in the sky with his chi, as his own 'shell'
>Kai responds by throwing forward two chunks of floating island, as his 'horns'
>Transitions from an orchestrated version of Oogway's theme to Kai as the latter triumphs

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.