[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men Evolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: a.jpg (57 KB, 600x240) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
57 KB, 600x240
What did you guys think of this show?
>>
Liked their depiction of Juggernaut.

>You think you can stop me!?
>Nothing can stop me!
>I AM RAW POWER!
>>
I thought it was neat in a neet sort of way.
>>
File: hE46C70E4.jpg (41 KB, 550x411) Image search: [Google]
hE46C70E4.jpg
41 KB, 550x411
>>84123607
8/10

had some fillers. but still good to watch.

Best Rouge
Best Gambit
Best Nightclawer
Best Toad
>>
I really enjoyed this in my own language. But it's just so abysmal in english, everyone sounds like a retarded caricature
>>
>>84124430
What's your language?
>>
>>84124430
Kinda agree with you, sometimes they sounded good and sometimes they didn't, like the VA's half-assed it some episodes.
>>
>>84124452
Danish. Everyone just sounded like regular people, and I especially liked nightcrawler. But when I tried rewatching it a few months ago, I wanted to kill myself every time he opened his stupid mouth
>>
File: cyclops deal with ir.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cyclops deal with ir.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
>>84123607

It has the best Cyclops ever.
>>
>>84124514
Well Kurt Wagner needed to have a german accent in english , so those always sound funny
>>
I haven't watched it since it first aired. How does the show hold up?
>>
>>84123722
Blob and Toad will never be bros like this again.

Everyone in the Brotherhood suffered a bit of antisocial personality(because mutants). It was cool to see even if they weren't the best friends at least they could lean on them. Really says something about Charlie's "dream" that there were mutants who would never be accepted in his school or boarding house however Evolution had it.
>>
>>84124599
It's not like that's a high bar.
>>
>>84123607
Hated it. There are better X-Men shows out there. If it had had some competition to compare to, like Gotham High, maybe I could have given it more of a chance. But as is, I prefer Wolverine and the X-men.
>>
Very good show save for the Girl Power episode.
>>
I liked it, wasn't difficult to follow like the 92 cartoon.

Ending felt rushed as fuck though.
>>
Best Incarnation of Toad.

Granted there's not much competition but still.
>>
>>84125651
Why did you have to remind me? That one was godawful
>>
>>84123607
Not as good as TAS better the every other xmen animation.
>>
>>84125643
That's why your opinion is shit.
>>
>>84124599
Best non comic cyclops, he'll never surpass RightClops tough
>>
>>84123607

>All those jobber literal who X-Men in the back

Maybe I should re-watch thid
>>
>>84127625
That's why it's called an opinion.
I watched the entire show, but could never care enough about any of the characters. And would I have liked Gotham High if it had come out? No, probably not. The idea of "characters you know and love are now highschoolers" has always seemed like a cheap and boring way to put a twist on general TV trope plots. I just would have preferred something different other than the high school setting.
>>
File: tumblr_mqwyxiezKv1sp1wslo1_500.jpg (123 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqwyxiezKv1sp1wslo1_500.jpg
123 KB, 500x459
>>84127690
>the lower classes of Xaviers in this show are filled mostly by the first younger team from the comics
Fucking shocking.
>>
>>84127759
>The idea of "characters you know and love are now highschoolers" has always seemed like a cheap and boring way to put a twist on general TV trope plot

Different anon. I see what your saying. But I think with the X-men it kind of works because in every other incarnation (at least at that point) The X-men were already be formed and controlled their powers around their 20s. For them to meet in high school actually felt right. For me the only thing was the time frame.

Batman in highschool was great it just needed context like Batman Beyond.
>>
>>84129503
Thanks, at least I can see why people like this series. Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad that others can enjoy what I can't.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.