[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey you nerds, i know you want to talk about comics instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
Hey you nerds, i know you want to talk about comics instead of tumblr and /tv/ shit.

Let's make this clear: I have no knowledge of Thor outside the MCU movies and the EMH cartoon series.

Is he nerfd to hell compared to the comics or vastly overpowered compared to the movies?

What's his endgame? No powerlevel faggotry or company war shit. I just want to know where Thor stands in terms of powerhouses.
I read something about an "Odin mode" which includes 2 hammers. Is this bullshit?

Enlighten me, Thorfags.
>>
we haven't seen anything in the movies that comes close to what he can do in the comics
>>
>>84120792
EVERYONE in the MCU is nerfed
>>
>>84120991
Iron Man and Cap aren't.
>>
>>84120792
In the MCU hes just a fucking alien with a magic hammer
In the comics hes a fucking God
>>
>>84121034
>>84120888
But what does that mean? He surely can't create shit, can he?
Let's compare it to the movie Ultron. When he, Vision and Tony fired their beams at him, could Thor slow him down all by himself?
>>
>>84120792
At the moment Jane (The woman from the Thor movies but she's a medical doctor in the comics) has the hammer and Thor Odinson is going to show up again soon (probably with a different hammer, long story) but things you need to know.
Thor is one of the top powerhouses on Earth.
The Odinforce is the power that Odin draws from and if Odin dies Thor gets that power and becomes more powerful.
He can call upon the power of any storm (including solar or that spot on Jupiter).
>>
>>84121201
Comic thor woul've destroyed movie ultron in less than 1 minutee.
But also comic ultron would've anihiliated movie avengers
Comic thor vs comic ultron is an even match up
>>
>>84121029
Then where is Tony's space adventure with nanotechnology armour
>>
>>84121224
>The Odinforce is the power that Odin draws from
Is it some shit like the Speedforce? Never explained, it's just there to be an explanation?
>>84121234
Would Thor even be feel the hits of movie Ultron? Like standing there and laugh it off?

Also what Thor stories would you recommend where he really shows his powers?
>>
>>84121348
The Godslayer arc of Jason Aaron's Thor is honestly one of my favourite Thor stories ever.
>>
>>84120792
Rune King Thor is basically top tier in the Marvel universe.
>>
File: Thor_God_of_Thunder_011_009.jpg (182 KB, 666x1024) Image search: [Google]
Thor_God_of_Thunder_011_009.jpg
182 KB, 666x1024
>>84120792
Read Thor God of Thunder: God Butcher . It is a good story with great art, can be enjoyed even without previous knowledge of the character and the powerlevel shit is pretty clear there
>>
When your skyfather tier dad mates with an elder god you get a Thor. And yes he does do godlike things like guiding souls.
>>
>>84121377
Thanks, will check it out soon.
>>84121391
I googled RK Thor, but all that came up was him vs Superman Prime. Since i don't want to start company-PL-shit, just simple questions: Could he destroy a city and how can he reach this version?

Sorry for asking like a retard, but despite all the /co/mblr memeing, /co/ actually seems like a good source for comic knowledge.
>>
File: myseids.png (228 KB, 328x398) Image search: [Google]
myseids.png
228 KB, 328x398
>>84121537
>Could he destroy a city
Oh boy.
>>
File: FCZNF.jpg (464 KB, 1280x2000) Image search: [Google]
FCZNF.jpg
464 KB, 1280x2000
>>84121201
Remember Thor vs Tony in Avengers? They were pretty much even. This is how that shit went down in the comics
>>
>>84121537
Regular Thor is on world cracking level, RK Thor is existence cracking level
>>
>>84121664
That sound ridiculous overpowered
>>84121590
So are there other powerhouses in Asgard besides Odin? And can't they interfere with earth's shit or don't want they to?
>>
>>84121706
Well he IS a god.
>>
>>84121706
What do expect of elder god and skyfather spawn that learned a coding of the universe while amped on sky father power source
>>
I've always wondered how WWH would have gone down if Thor was on Earth at the time
>>
>>84121821
>>84121762
Sorry, i don't know shit about the Marvel Gods. That's why i asked.
>>
File: [CHUCKLING INTENSIFIES].gif (996 KB, 540x388) Image search: [Google]
[CHUCKLING INTENSIFIES].gif
996 KB, 540x388
>>84121451
>allblack the necrosword, the slicer of worlds, the annihilablade
thats so dumb
>>
>>84121590
Of course Iron Man is. His armor is mostly made of Vibranium now, and is as strong as the Hulk Buster.
>>
>>84121858
Read it, weeab.
>>
>>84121838
Long story short, Comic Thor is a dude who could tangle with Apocalypse, The Hulk, Thanos, Superman, etc. one on one, and have a decent chance of winning
>>
>>84121706
Rune King Thor is basically Superboy levels of fucking up reality.

He basically deleted Ragnarok from continuity.
>>
>>84121995
that aint gonna change the fact that the name is stupid
>>
>>84122018
Thor can pretty much fuck the Hulk up if the Hulk didn't have batman tier plot armor.

Superman and Thor is always exactly equal, with either one losing due to being lucky to land enough blows in.
>>
>>84121034
>In the MCU hes just a fucking alien with a magic hammer
Tech hammer. They aren't even magic in this universe.
>>
>>84121835
>Rargh I am angry
>Thor throws him into the Sun

It basically depends on how much the story is Willing to let Thor flex his muscles.

Thor is Martian manhunter levels of jobber usually.
>>
>>84120792
What the hell is up with that art?
>>
>>84121880
>His armor is mostly made of Vibranium now
Umm no no its not
>>
>>84122083
I really hope they retcon that with the Dr. Strange movie.
>>
>>84122065
>Thor can pretty much fuck the Hulk up if the Hulk didn't have batman tier plot armor.
that's something that always bothered me with te Hulk. if he gets stronger as long as the battle goes, why not simply knock him out wit a suckerpunch?
>>
>>84122251
That's why Thor is and always will be stronger.

Thor could just fucking Power bomb him from orbit and KILL the hulk in one blow.

But comics don't work like that.
>>
>>84122286
>Thor could just fucking Power bomb him from orbit and KILL the hulk in one blow.
Just stop. Thor straight up told hulk that he always knew he could never beat him.
>>
>>84122028
I actually find it kinda awesome in an endearing way
>>
>>84122301
Oh? What book?

Because that's hilarious wrong.

Strongest Hulk has even been is "Worldbreaker"

Thor can break worlds anyway.
>>
OP here, thanks for your answers.

One last question: Could Thor beat Thanos with the full Infinity Gauntlet? Could Rune King Thor with Odinforce do it (if that's even possible)?
>>
>>84122340
Fear itself. Thor said it right when he was about to pass out while hulk was still raging. He said he always knew deep down he could never beat him so in a last ditch effort, he just sends hulk flying to another country and then passes out. Meanwhile, hulk lands and starts to continue to rampage.
>Because that's hilarious wrong.
Fucks with your fanfic?
>>
>>84122251
It's even simpler than that. Hulk can't fly. Just get someone with telekinesis to pick him up and wait for him to calm down.
>>
>>84121706
>Asgard besides Odin
Odin > Thor > Volstagg in his prime > Balder the Brave
Then you have very powerful magic wielding people like Loki

I can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread but read Walter Simonson's Thor. It is one of the best comic runs ever made and really establishes the characters around Thor as well as Thor himself.
>>
>>84122386
>Fear Itself

So badly written shlock. Ok.

I'll just take actual facts over one badly written phrase.
>>
>>84122356
Thor could beat Thanos if he had another universe's Infinity Gauntlet instead of his own universe's
>>
>>84122356
>Normal Thor
No

>Rune King Thor
Probably.
>>
>>84122420
>I'll just take actual facts over one badly written phrase.
.....so basically "I don't like this, I'm going to pretend it never happened".
>>
>>84122404
>read Walter Simonson's Thor
Is this bait?
>It is one of the best comic runs ever made
Okay, it's bait. Sorry for asking.
>>
>>84121224
>Thor Odinson is going to show up again soon (probably with a different hammer, long story)
Don't know if I would like that but I'll wait and see. I wonder how long they'll keep FemThor going.
>>
>>84122421
>another universe's Infinity Gauntlet instead of his own universe's
Sorry, what?
>>
File: immortal1.jpg (26 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
immortal1.jpg
26 KB, 500x573
>>84122028
it read like a black metal band I love it
>>
>>84122434
Pretty much.

Comics are a bad medium for judging characters.

On one hand Thor has casually destroyed dead worlds with a flick of his hammer

On others he's getting overpowered by street level mooks.

Spiderman has beaten the Hulk in fights, does that mean Spiderman can beat Thor?
>>
To go cross-company, what would happen if you replaced Tony in the fight that >>84121590 is from, with Barry Allen?
>>
>>84122468
okay
as an example, lets say Thor and THanos are in universe 616, but Thanos has 1610's Gauntlet
Thor could beat him then
>>
>>84122386
>Fear itself
stop.
>>
>>84122471
>does that mean Spiderman can beat Thor?
Probably, considering he's beaten a herald of galactus.
>>
>>84122500
I'm not that anon but I'm also lost a this

I think we should leave alternate universe for another chat.
>>
File: bait.png (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>84122443
no this is bait
>>
>>84122503
It happened. Deal with it.
>>
>>84122509
Not exactly making a counter to my point are you?

Comics fucking suck for judging characters.

Otherwise Gorilla Grodd would have beaten the flash ages ago with an Atomic bananna peel
>>
>>84122420
>facts
>comics

Mate...
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 436x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 436x526
>>84121880
>Vibranium now

I love casuals
>>
I don't like these discussions that much, regardless of what some 'power level chart' says, Thor is obviously an idiot, and would get dissected in minutes by nearly any intelligence character

In terms of raw feats, speed force characters could potentially beat Thor or Odin also

I tend to think of magic characters and reality warpers being below actual gods however, not sure if the comics back me up on that
>>
>>84121348
>Is it some shit like the Speedforce? Never explained, it's just there to be an explanation?
I'm pretty sure it's just a variation on the power cosmic
He's a god and his powers are mighty, that's about it
>>
>>84122518
Infinity gauntlets only work in their native universe so if thanos in 616 had 1610 gauntlet it wouldn't even work so I'm unsure why that anon even mentioned it at all
>>
File: this isnt fun anymore.png (452 KB, 650x331) Image search: [Google]
this isnt fun anymore.png
452 KB, 650x331
>>84122601
because thats the only way that normal Thor could beat a Thanos with a Gauntlet
i-i thought i-it was clear w-what I was s-saying...
>>
>>84122669
Just seems silly to say "sure Thor could beat gauntlet-wielding thanos if the gauntlet didn't work"
Just say no Thor can't beat thanos w the IG
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.