[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets try having a sensible discussion about the Ultimate cut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: muh dick.webm (3 MB, 1920x798) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.webm
3 MB, 1920x798
Lets try having a sensible discussion about the Ultimate cut that doesn't turn into a DarkSnyde minions/Mousketeer shill war.

Also dumping some webms
>>
File: 1467127629971.webm (3 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
1467127629971.webm
3 MB, 1024x424
>>
File: 1467128366321.webm (3 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
1467128366321.webm
3 MB, 1024x424
>>
File: 1467130460389.webm (3 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
1467130460389.webm
3 MB, 1024x424
>>
File: 1467131168641.webm (2 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
1467131168641.webm
2 MB, 1024x424
>>
>>84119362
Gimme a link so I can watch it and then come back to discuss it fully informed.
>>
>>84119449
Go to KAT
Search for
Batman.v.Superman.Dawn.of.Justice.2016.Ultimate.Edition.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-RARBG
>>
>>84119362
It does fix a few problems in terms of the Superman conspiracy and various investigations, but at the end of the day its still the same film with a shit Lex Luthor. I did think the extended prison visit was nice though
>>
>>84119362
there's something about that pan movement that makes this shot really awkward
>makes all the background look like a videogame
>sword leaves frame, maybe so we can focus on what the character is looking at? but then it stops to show her laughing and awkwardly get the sword back
>costume is too dark and blending with the street

also that grin is fun and all, but really clashes with the serious tone the movie was building up to, that awkward move to grab the sword is really odd. All in all that shot makes wonder woman look like a kid who says "oops i fell" then gets up. Yeah i get it its the whole point but again it clashes with the previous tone, makes doomsday be less of a threat, and while good for the warrior character it doesn't have a hero feeling to it.

I guess this is the most Marvel shot of the movie together with lex luthor candy, you can put a quip on it, brighter the colors and fist in the civil war airport scene and none would be the wiser.

But eh,It's not Marvel and its dark enough so I guess its a better movie than what we deserve of the big 3 right? xD
>>
I've ordered the BD ans won't watch it until then, but as someone who loved the theatrical cut, is the UC better or worse all things considered?
>>
>>84119637
It obviously smooths out the fucking choppy poorly edited theatrical shit. But it's not a huge improvement.
>>
I really liked the UE. It added a lot of connective scenes that made the movie flow better overall and gave added depth to numerous scenes.

The north Africa scene really shouldn't have been cut down like it was in the theatrical version, since it starts everything off and is a foundation of the rest of the movie. The UE makes it whole and the rest of the movie really plays much better. The additional scenes really help flesh out Lex's plan and gives Eisenberg and this version of Lex a much better light.

More importantly, the additional Clark and Superman scenes are really needed. BvS now finally feels like a Superman film with Batman thrown it. The additional character moments with Clark help hammer in the sacrifice in the end and the additional funeral moments are also great.

If you liked the movie already, you'll love the UE. If your main issue with the movie was with technical issues (pacing, editing, etc.) then you'll probably like the UE. If you're just not into the movie for fundamental reasons - you don't like Snyder, you don't like the direction of the characters, etc. - you're still not going to like it because the movie just isn't your thing. Which is fine. Movies are art and art is subjective.

Overall, I found it to be a really solid improvement from the theatrical cut.
>>
Now we can get a laughing Evans in the burning courtroom
>>
>>84119748
i agree with you, but it feels like a Batman film and a Superman film thrown together.
>>
>>84119362
>Filename

Couldn't say it better myself OP
>>
>>84119910
We need to go deeper with laughing Evans
>First Class Evaneto stopping missiles
>Prison Lex turning around to see Evans
>Deadpool unmasking to reveal Evans
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.