[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NETFLIX CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT ON A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THAT FOR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14
File: clifhanger.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
clifhanger.png
1 MB, 1366x768
NETFLIX CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT ON A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THAT FOR A YEAR RIGHT????

also httyd thread i guess
>>
>Dreamworks Netflix Show
>Cliffhanger

Pick two.
>>
WE BOOKS NOW NIGGAS
>>
>>84117741
So is Berk still broke after Hiccup gambled all of their gold away?
>>
File: Official Best Girl.jpg (153 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Official Best Girl.jpg
153 KB, 1366x768
>>84117741
Every season, things get more real. I love it.
>All that Hiccup x Astrid fuel
>All those Dagur x Hiccup lols
>People actually fucking DYING
>Arrows visibly hitting people and dragons
>Heather not being completely fucking unlikeable
>Hiccup and Toothless not being undefeatable
>Viggo actually being cunning instead of everyone saying how cunning he is
>Surprise new sort-of villains with new models and fucking KATANAS and ARMOUR
>Oblique references to Drago Bludvist
>New dragon types that are pretty damn cool

However I can't believe there was a fucking musical episode. What the hell was even happening there. Snotlout is actually a really good singer and so was Heather, but I hate that we didn't get a bit of Astrid.
>>
File: humans_hero_DAGUR_thumb.jpg (63 KB, 400x212) Image search: [Google]
humans_hero_DAGUR_thumb.jpg
63 KB, 400x212
F
>>
I'm mostly just surprised that Heather actually got to join the team.
>>
>>84117741
>That episode where the villain tries to use an old plague to infect hundreds of thousands of people to make them submit to him because he has the only cure
Are they even fucking pretending this is a kids show anymore? I love it.
>>
>>84118332
>That episode where a character is killed by a series of fiery explosions while tying to prove to everyone else that it was a trap all along
Jesus
>>
>>84118281
>>84118548
DAGUR THE DERANGED LIVES
>>
>>84118264
dragon riders forming a boy band when?
>>
>>84118638
If he's alive, I don't know where they're going with his character. He was a crazy bad guy for 2 or 3 seasons, then does a full turn and tries to be good. Even Heather seems to forgive him a bit by the end. Is he going to join the riders too? I hope they have it all planned out.
>>
>>84117741
Meanwhile, in the voltron thread, THE SAME FUCKING THING.
>>
>>84119689
DAMMIT NETFLIX REEEEEE
>>
>>84118249
I can't believe Hiccup would fall for that
Why wouldn't he go for Viggo, capture him, and take all his gold that he got from trading dragons

I like how Dagur is right about Hiccup getting too mad to think, I mean he just happened to be walking on the edge of the ship just as they showed up
>>
>>84121563
You mean dreamworks right?
Because they make those shows, netflix just publishes them
>>
>>84121619
im just cursing in general towards Netflix shows and cliffhangers
>>
>>84118638
Punished Dagur when?
>>
>>84118081
Man, Book Toothless is a hypocrite.
>>
King Julien didn't have a cliffhanger this time.

I don't think Turbo had any at all either.
>>
>>84122989
He's also /mischief/
>>
>>84118264
Heather is still pretty awful, but I'll admit she's more bearable than when she's constantly trying to be a double agent.
>>
>>84119053
Didn't Daggur kill Heather's adoptive parents? I feel like they never bring it up after it first gets implied and then everyone just focuses on the real dad thing.
>>
>>84118081
>>84124607
While I love the movie version of the guy, the book/original version is great also.
>>
>>84117741
no they can
>>
File: yes.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
1 MB, 1366x768
let's talk about what we want to happen next season
>>
File: Yes! Finally!.png (1015 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Yes! Finally!.png
1015 KB, 1366x768
>>84129639
specifically if it's this
>>
File: YES! YES! YES!.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
YES! YES! YES!.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>84129739
What sucks is that heather isn't in the second movie and fishlegs is fighting over ruffnut
>>
>>84129764
Which just means something is going to happen to the cute little romance going on here

it also might mean that ruffnut steps up and starts showing off the goods
and hopefully that means I get more ruffnut episodes where she's super competent and nice to people and looks at the boys lovingly
>>
Fuck why don't more people fanwank over HTTYD? It has all the shit that makes people cum over series like Avatar or Korra, yet it has a relatively sparse fanbase. What gives? This is a really great franchise.
>>
yfw Heather dies before HTTYD2
>>
>>84129846
There's not enough of a production budget to recreate the quality of the movies, so people view it as a cheap knock off
It's weird because Voltron threads are almost at general levels and we can barely get like 50 posts
I wish the fanbase was more cancerous, at least then it'd be more fun
>>
>>84129846
It just doesn't have a big presence on /co/, there are still plenty of sites that have fanwank.
>>
>>84129639
I want references to Hiccup the First and Second Excellinor, and Grimbeard the Ghastly or at least characters like them. There's so much potential in the book universe for interesting stories, I was really bumbed when it was said they probably wouldn't be appearing.
>>
>>84129860

more likely her and Daggur fuck off to be a happy family
>>
>>84129860
>yfw snoutlout wins ruffnut and fishlegs is left alone
>with meatlug
>>
>>84131837

I'd rather Ruff stay single than end up with either of them.

Or maybe she rapes Heather into a coma, and that's why Heather wasn't in 2.
>>
Will Hiccup and Astrid actually kiss before the next movie?
>>
>>84133308
doubtful
>>
Can someone break down the HTTYD timeline for me? Is the entire show between one and two?
>>
>>84134114
yeah, 2 takes place 5 years after 1
>>
>>84134201
I'd say 2 is a bit more than 5 years
Because in the show it's been 5 years and none of the characters really look like they do in HTTYD2 except hiccup, but even then it's not exact
In the movie they say 5 years, but in the show, they don't tons of dragons everywhere on the island, just the ones that the main cast and the aux riders do
>>
>>84134235
i think in the show its been 2 years i think i remember the first ep mentioning that
>>
>>84134235
There are also limitations to how many things can be rendered at once, remember.
>>
>>84133308
This will they/won't they stuff has never made any sense. She'd kissed the boy on multiple occasions then told Heather they were just friends.
>>
>>84134319
The episode where Heather joined had Tuffnut say that they can't just let anyone join the Dragon Riders since they'd been through hell in the last 5 years

Which is kinda bullshit since Hiccup literally just chose his five classmates from Dragon slaying training and gave them dragons.
>>
>>84134612
in his defense they were the only five classmates and he did want to bang astrid
>>
>>84134612
Well yeah they got together originally because of a crisis, and they bonded over that and many crises to follow. Heather joining would be like a fresh faced rookie joining a squad of battle-hardened career soldiers.
>>
>>84135373
But the twins and Snotlout can be irresponsible and unreliable

Why not expand their dragon rider forces with more competent riders?
>>
>>84117741
Introduce a Milf that sets my balls on fire in the last episode, FUCK YOU DREAMFLIX
>>
BUMOKPDOCN
>>
>>84129639
>>84129739
>>84129764
This was everything I'd dreamed of.
Still don't know why Astrid was denying it a season or two ago. What are they even thinking?
>>
Now, did I miss anything, or was there exactly one scene on Berk (Hiccup asking Stoick for the gold) this season?
>>
>>84138305
Sounds about right. The Edge is cooler anyway, and we got some neat new islands too.
>>
File: 1385450963185.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1385450963185.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>84117741
>You dragon hunters ride dragons!
>We are not dragon hunters. We love dragons and so we ride them.
>That's something a dragon hunter would say!
>What are those leather thingies!
>Those are saddles.
>Our dragons clearly love us.
>You make them love you by fear and force!
>While you were having a shit fit your dragon was stolen.
>That proves you are with Vigo and now I will kill you for coming all this way with us to discover you were part of his plan!

She was the dumbest bitch in the series and that is taking Tuffnut into account. I mean truly breathtaking.
>>
>>84121598

I'm surprised Vigo can 'get away' in a single sail boat in open ocean when toothless can probably fly like 80.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>84119053
>Crazy bad guy becomes crazy good guy.
>Still crazy.
>>
>>84138540
>>
>>84118311

Considering the complete absence of Hether and (possibly) Dagur in HTTYD2, it might mean a bad end.

They haven't changed the title screen to include heather and frequently in many scene transitions they forget to include heather.
>>
>>84138597
They only exist as characters because the TV series needed actual villains and side bitches. They'll never appear in an actual movie because they have no role otherwise.
So yeah, they will probably fucking die.
>>
when are we gonna get new episodes?
>>
>>84139730
A YEAR FROM NOW
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I honestly almost wish they just released an episode a week, but I guess that's not the point of Netflix.
>>
File: Samurai and Dragon.jpg (246 KB, 989x808) Image search: [Google]
Samurai and Dragon.jpg
246 KB, 989x808
>>84117741
>>84138511
Feel the same way.
I've never seen such a contrived character and I wanted to smack her. She didn't even give Hiccup a chance to explain the map, what his relation to Vigo was, or explain who she was.

Add onto all that, she's the head of a clan of dragon loving ninjas and she straight up has a fucking katana. A FUCKING KATANA. Holy shit. And not one ninja guard to protect the great protector from Vigo and his mercenaries?

I mean honestly, I don't mind the ninjas, really I don't. But come on, at least give them a serpentine dragon or something. Shit she has images of them on her armor! C'MON.

In summary 2/10 would not waifu.
>>
>>84140798
I hate that they have ninjas in their viking archipelago

Like jesus fuck I know you're trying world building but at least create a fake Japan as the source of your ninjas
>>
>>84141090
well they are on a secluded island, and they do have a volcano
>>
>>84122989
Book Toothless is a bit of an ass.He's lazy, always complains, needs to be bribed to help a lot of the time etc. At least in the early books. I should probably pick up the rest soon.
>>
>>84135709
They did last season with the Astrid's reserve squad. They just weren't used here.
>>
File: hiccup_book_style_by_luna133.jpg (297 KB, 1280x1262) Image search: [Google]
hiccup_book_style_by_luna133.jpg
297 KB, 1280x1262
>>84141575
They are ultra-comfy anon.
>>
>>84140798
>And not one ninja guard to protect the great protector from Vigo and his mercenaries
The guards got taken out and I'm sure they removed their bodies from the path for some reason
>>
>>84141090
>>84140798

British ninjas, don't forget that.
>>
>>84118281

It took him a series and a season to grow out that beard.
>>
>>84118264
where was that drago reference
>>
>>84144125
The shady guy at the auction had Drago's symbol
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.