[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: shattered.jpg (55 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
shattered.jpg
55 KB, 460x215
I completely forgot this existed until the Steam Summer Sale reminded me.

It doesn't get talked much despite seeming fun, is it because it isn't a sandbox? Because the concept is enough to hook me in, switching between these alternate universes of the webslinger.
Too bad it only had one sequel with that idea.
>>
I haven't played it myself but for the average spiderman game it got really solid views when it came out. I've always meant to try this one, especially for the stealth sections.
>>
>>84114061
It had pretty repetitive levels to be honest. But the art and designs were pretty good. But it really felt like Friend or Foe 2, which I honestly enjoyed more.
>>
It's really really solid. Only Spider-man that stands out is Noir though, differences between others are rather negligible. And the writing is too simple and quips are too cringy at times.

But it's lots of fun, because it has great graphics that has several styles and all of them look good, solid gameplay mechanics, amazing voice acting and slightly less terrible boss fights than Arkham games.
>>
>>84114168
>Friend or Foe 2 never
It was so much fun to play as Spider-Man villains and have duels like "Rhino vs Sandman" or "Green Goblin vs Doc Ock". I
>>
GOAT voice acting for the modern Spider-Man games.
>>
>>84114785

That's definitely something it has in its favour; they got the voice actors for four different animated series (Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, Fox's 1990s Spider-Man, MTV's Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man) to voice the four different Spideys, and they're all great in their respective ways. For long-time fans like me, it was a charming trip down memory lane.

And while - aside from Noir - the play-style of the four dimensions weren't SUPER distinct from one another, they were visually and tonally distinct enough that it felt like each presented their own unique experiences.

Even if it weren't on sale I'd suggest it. It's a hell of a lot of fun and it's clear the developers had a lot of love for the subject matter. If you enjoy it, there's also the sequel, Edge of Time, which I really quite liked.
>>
>>84114168
>this place is now filled with underages
>"now"
I have to find other imageboards
>>
I really liked the presentation. It felt very comic-book-like, between the cel-shaded graphics for two of the worlds and how each villain was introduced.

The only thing that was off was Miguel's characterization, but they fixed that in Edge of Time.
>>
File: spider_man_2099_by_hellequin0.jpg (253 KB, 550x835) Image search: [Google]
spider_man_2099_by_hellequin0.jpg
253 KB, 550x835
So, someone pointed out, making a review of this game, that Spider-Man 2099's suit was originally black and red, not blue and red, as in the comics, bystanders and other characters describe him as a "man in a black suit" on occasion.
Yet, in this game and everything with Miguel that came out after the game, his costume is blue and red.
So, what's up with that?
>>
>>84114061
>Dan Sloth just reused his game idea for Spider-Verse
>somehow made it shit
>>
Makes me miss Josh Keaton Spider-Man

Cause he voices Ultimate.
>>
>>84117161
People just went with it, like Spider-Man being red and blue rather than red and black
>>
>>84117161
Peters suit wasn't meant to be blue either.
Its just a case of using blues to show shadow on black but people misinterpreting it and making it actually blue.
>>
The first person thing with the villain right up in your face disturbed me.
>>
>>84114061
it was pure shit.
>>
>>84114061
I remember thinking it was rather decent. If it's cheap then it's probably worth it, the Noir levels are just a shitty Arkham really but they were fun enough
>>
>>84114061
They picked the wrong alternate universe for the sequel. I loved the idea of a Spider-Man stealth game in the Noir levels, really wish that got expanded upon instead of 2099.
>>
>>84116992
The cel-shading in the 616 levels are the best "Make this game look like a comic book" thing I've ever seen, wish Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had looked like that instead of the overt hard shadows.
>>
>>84119114
Noir would work as a game of itself. Seeing reimaginings of characters like that and everything. But the changing time gimmick made more sense with 2099, and it redeemed SD for the inaccurate Miguel characterization.

Plus it had PAD involved with Miguel again after so long, and it led to Spider-Man 2099 being a thing again in the comics.
>>
>>84117192
He voices Amazing in Edge of Time as well. While the game was meh, it completely fucking sold me on Keaton as an adult Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Likewise, Christopher Daniel Barnes is the perfect voice for Miggy as well.

Spider-Man 2099 and Spider-Man Noir really should get their own games, completely divorced from the 616 Spider-Man (or a close alternate counterpart thereof).
>>
>>84114824
>they got the voice actors for four different animated series
>to voice the four different Spideys

I appreciate this game a lot more now that I've realized this. I always knew the voice actors for the game way back when but I never connected the dots that they were all Spidey voices.
>>
>>84114061
>I completely forgot this existed until the Steam Summer Sale reminded me.
>Steam Summer Sale

Hol

The

FUCK

Up

its back on Steam?
>>
>>84120793
Yup. 16 bucks right now.
>>
>>84120883
Full controller support?
>>
>>84114189
The simple writing worked for this game though. It didn't try to be deep which made it more credible.
>>
>>84117210
>Peters suit wasn't meant to be blue either.

No, it was. Ditko himself said he intended the coloring to be blue.

>"My original color combination was a warm, red-orange on the webbing section and a cool blue on the body parts. These colors made a nice contrast, they emphasized the webbing and added to the mystery mood. Spider-Man's blue was changed to a warm purple (it gets warmer, redder, in later issues, ruining the better contrast and mood)." (Steve Ditko, The Comics, v.12 #11, Nov. 2001)
>>
>>84120978
The whole thing
>>
>>84121173
Sweet
Know what I'm doing this weekend
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.