[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Practice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 11
File: work on your Batman.jpg (36 KB, 476x700) Image search: [Google]
work on your Batman.jpg
36 KB, 476x700
This ain't an art show. You aren't here to dazzle people.

This is a PRACTICE show! As long as you practice, it doesn't matter if you're good or not. Did something recently? Post here! Didn't do nuthin'? Draw something!

Let's do this sheeet!
>>
File: jack.png (125 KB, 739x785) Image search: [Google]
jack.png
125 KB, 739x785
Been working on a character for the webcomic I'll draw someday, though not soon. I need to study up, especially hands.

I also keep fucking up his skin's pigment, I can't find a shade I like, I'm not trying to get into tones just yet but I can't find a base that I like. I wanted him to be of mixed parentage but I might just throw that out. I also want to make him beefier. Hell I might as well revise the whole thing.
>>
File: tree ink doodle.png (687 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tree ink doodle.png
687 KB, 1000x1000
>>84113366
Hands are simple once you realize it is a very simple 3D shape that does not bend very often.

So I got a reminder that if I don't use my art tümbler, I'll lose the username forever. I created it "for later", and completely neglected it. So I drew this quickly, in about 3 minutes, so I could post SOMETHING.

This is the only thing I done recently that I want to show. It's just a doodle, but is a good example of the level of artwork beginners should aim for when "drawing a picture every day".
>>
File: 1422311778957.jpg (425 KB, 1280x969) Image search: [Google]
1422311778957.jpg
425 KB, 1280x969
>>84113459
I guess I'm not thinking in 3D shapes, I need to go back to square one, perspective.
>>
File: Photo on 6-28-16 at 02.58.jpg (95 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 6-28-16 at 02.58.jpg
95 KB, 1080x720
>>84113513
No, no! You are only complicating things for yourself with that kind of guide. What you have is for advanced, "realistic" "professional" artists.

What you need is a simplification. Here is what I figured out in time.

As I mentioned, the shape of the hand's base does bend, but it does it rarely, and not by much. So start by learning this basic geometric shape, and where to attach the fingers.
>>
>>84113591
While your idea of "simplification" sounds nice on paper, I think the other anon really needs the "complicated" way, it's not for "professionals", if you look closely those are really simple shapes and having a full understanding of the movement and parts of the hand will help in the process of simplification. The style which the anon is aiming for has certaintly some anatomy drawn so it would be more suitable for him to understand these things
>>
>>84113651
True, but it takes a long time to grasp the proper anatomy. Start with simple shapes first, and then learn the more complicated ones.
>>
File: oldchar.jpg (87 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
oldchar.jpg
87 KB, 640x1136
ive been wanting to get back into drawing and maybe animating again. as a fun exercise i tried redrawing a character from a comic i drew when i was a kid. tried to keep his underbite and big chin true to the original
>>
File: 20160628_030643.jpg (3 MB, 2480x2783) Image search: [Google]
20160628_030643.jpg
3 MB, 2480x2783
Sure, I'll post something I made in like 5 minutes for this thread, Batman

I can't seem to find any motivation to draw humans, especially since animals come easier to me. I draw so fast it frustrates me whenever a drawing takes me more than 20 minutes. I can't stop the chicken scratching.

What a wonderful life. I mean, at least I added +1 to my face practices with this one, right?
>>
File: HP LOGO-01.jpg (84 KB, 560x454) Image search: [Google]
HP LOGO-01.jpg
84 KB, 560x454
Tried to re-create the new HP logo...
>>
File: New Doc 9_1.jpg (189 KB, 2224x1732) Image search: [Google]
New Doc 9_1.jpg
189 KB, 2224x1732
A sketch I did I'm going to do it clean it & I wanna tweak The tank A bit
>>
File: baby.png (517 KB, 578x580) Image search: [Google]
baby.png
517 KB, 578x580
is anime allowed here
>>
File: goat.png (787 KB, 1659x1186) Image search: [Google]
goat.png
787 KB, 1659x1186
>>84113366
>>84113513

Learning the fundamentals and working in shapes is always essential/great when it comes to drawing anything really. You don't need to go back to square one, but you do need to study some form and learn enough so you can find a balance of what looks acceptable to you and also learn.

Stuff like Anatomy can be extremely complicated, but there's a lot of studies and guides so you don't have to kill yourself personally studying the human form. Read some books, /ic/ has a lot. Try to atleast pick up on shapes and perspective, simple things, and turn that into more. For me I find studying things that relate to artist I like to be the best way for me to learn. Remember, even they had to start somewhere.

On a personal note. Goat man sketches. Kinda boring design. Didn't get to do much thanks to prior engagements. Sorry batman.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.