[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not baiting. The Civil War II hate meme needs to stop.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: civil war ii4-tile.jpg (371 KB, 825x461) Image search: [Google]
civil war ii4-tile.jpg
371 KB, 825x461
I'm not baiting. The Civil War II hate meme needs to stop.
Yeah, I know, the main book is shit, but so has been every single thing Bendis has written for years. Get over it.
Now, the EVENT, as a whole, is magnificient and one of the best events we've had in years. Of any company. EVERY Tie-in is great. So just get over the bad main book (that nobody actually reads) and enjoy the GREAT story that Civil War II is... in every other Marvel book. The tie-ins have been so good that the more books that get connected to the story the best it will be.
Also, everyone here downloads the comics, so its not like you are loosing money.
>>
moderate bait but I kinda agree

I am more interested in what Magneto will do in the X-Men tie in, or in Spiderman fighting his former villain employee, than in the main story.

I still think the precognitive guy is a stupid idea. I wonder what older precognitive characters kuje Blindfold think of him.
>>
>>84107102
I agree, fellow damage control intern
>>
>not liking shit comics is a meme
>>
Also, the support Rebirth is getting just indicates how much /Co/ loves line-wide reboots.
They cry about them ALL the time, but at the end of the day, the only thing that people read here are first issues.

Also its worth pointing out that CVII is keeping a consistent high-tier artistic level.

>>84107243
Hating every book that has a Civil War II logo on its cover before they come out is the meme.
>>
File: You Must Be New Here.jpg (75 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
You Must Be New Here.jpg
75 KB, 311x311
>>84107102
>I want 4chan to stop memeing
>I want 4chan to stop hating stuff
>>
>>84107273
Rebirth isn't a reboot, and no one was hating on any random comic with Civil War II on it's cover, it's been generally agreed that most of these tie-ins are so loosely connected with the event that they tend to be rarely dragged down by it.

Now go shitpost elsewhere faggot OP.
>>
File: edge (1).gif (499 KB, 200x126) Image search: [Google]
edge (1).gif
499 KB, 200x126
>>84107102
I'll agree on the first two. Ultinates was already on my pull list and I was considering buying that Davis Hulk issue if there's a copy left by Wednesday.
Don't read Nova.
>>
>>84107102
I think I saw this thread earlier
>>
>>84107377
Reboot in the sense of the issue numbers, not about the story. Althought Rebirth retcons so much stuff it could be considered a Reboot.

And the Tie-Ins have been second-to-second connected to the main book. You can intercalate panels of Nova, Ultimates or New Avengers between the main book. Some like Spider-Man or God of War are not related YET because the war hasnt started, but are still great. Try reading them before talking shit.
>>
>>84107273
>Also, the support Rebirth is getting just indicates how much /Co/ loves line-wide reboots.
As a long time Marvel reader I think it's because the books have been good.
Unlike Civil War II.
>>
>>84107646
Both marvel and DC release good books.
But even shit-tier DC books like Flash or Titans get attention here for their #1 issues.
Hell, even Civil War II #1 got attention here. People love first issues.
>>
>>84107102
Those are good in spite of CWII, not because of it.

Imagine a world where Ewing wasn't CONSTANTLY dragged down by events and damage control.
>>
>>84107675
>But even shit-tier DC books like Flash or Titans get attention here for their #1 issues.
It helps that both of those were good and better than Civil War though.
>>
>>84107102
>EVERY Tie-in is great
I've only read Ultimates and Hulk and both were horrible. First one was stupid, needless drama second one was delving into psyche of Banner in a ways that already been done and better.

Also, the token conflict is so stupid and token it ruins the whole experience. Why would I get invested in even tie-in stories when it's all done for idiotic reasons?
>>
>>84107675
disgusting low effort shill
>>
>>84107102
>I'm not baiting, but...
>I'm not racist, but...
>I'm not gay, but...
>>
>>84107690
I actually prefer him when he's writing tie-ins. Mighty Avengers got really boring when they gave him much free time. He's too obsessed with Blue Marvel and Power Man and they are NOT that interesting.
Events move him out of his safe place.

>>84107716
Everyting is better than the main CVII book. But Flash and Titans were both books terribly slow, written for the trade, complerely dependant of DC Rebirth #1 and said nothing new. And the art in Titans was shit.

>>84107733
>First one was stupid, needless drama
A mayor hero has fallen. Someone has to care.
>ways that already been done and better
When, exactly...?
>the token conflict is so stupid
There's no "conflict" yet, the war hasnt started. Yeah, Tony and Carol disagree but that's not a mayor conflict yet. Dont base your critique on interviews given by the writers, wait for the real thing.
>>
>>84107442
>Reboot in the sense of the issue numbers, not about the story. Althought Rebirth retcons so much stuff it could be considered a Reboot.
By that "logic", ANAD was a reboot too.
>>
>>84107798
>27%
Marvel is better. Deal with it.
>>
>>84107102

>Now, the EVENT, as a whole, is magnificient and one of the best events we've had in years.

Really? You really like the idea of 2 people fighting over the plot of Minority Report? Despite the DECADES of precognition/future telling characters coming in and out of the Marvel universe, where no one had a problem what so ever with it until Iron Mans friend died battle and he's blaming the person who saw the vision?
>>
>>84107792
>A mayor hero has fallen. Someone has to care.
A major hero has fallen in the stupidest, poorly explained way with very little care given to hero in question. The nastiest, most token death I saw in long time.

>When, exactly...?
Entirety of Paks run of Hulk? And Davis. Oh and Mantlo. "Bruce Banner is crazy/hates himself/was a monster before Hulk." is old shit for Hulk comics. And it was done better in the past.
>There's no "conflict" yet
Yes, there is. Tony went against the grain and people got hung up about it. Inhumans got involved and there was a kidnapping. The fact is, everyone overreacts, acts stupid and needlessly aggressive.

I'm basing my critique on what I've read so far. And it was shit.
>>
>>84107812
Not the guy you're responding to, but I see you're now breaking down into anger because people don't like something you for some reason desperately want people to like.

Look Marvelfriend, a lot of people aren't enjoying CWII. That's evident by all the evidence of slow sales for it. People are also enjoying Rebirth, that's evident by all the good sales for it right now. People will like what they want based on personal taste.

If you like CW, fine. That's great for you. Make a CW discussion thread for people who are also enjoying it. But threads like this where you're basically telling people they're wrong for not liking it is going to give you pushback.
>>
>>84107875
>Everyone overreacts, acts stupid and needlessly aggressive

Isn't that what happens in every event? Hickman Avengers, Time Runs Out, and Secret Wars was nothing BUT characters acting like stupid teenagers.
>>
Tie-Ins being good has always been the case for events. Doesn't mean that Civil War II isn't flat out stupid.

Hell, Ewings New Avengers seems to be very little associated with the event.
>>
>>84108171
Hickman writing really bad characterized scenes like the Captain America vs Iron Man fight doesn't make Civil War II any better.
>>
>>84108171
That does not make CWII any better and even Hickman had them acting somewhat more sensible. Besides, they were fighting something powerful, ominous and seemingly unstoppable. Now they are fighting each other, for retarded reasons.
>>
>>84107102
>I'm not baiting
>the EVENT, as a whole, is magnificient and one of the best events we've had in years. Of any company.
Pick one
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.