[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best X events in order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: X-MEN Wall.jpg (222 KB, 1024x772) Image search: [Google]
X-MEN Wall.jpg
222 KB, 1024x772
What are the best X-events in X-Men history?

List your top 5.
>>
Bump.

Want to add to my mutant reading outside of House of M
>>
Age of Apocalypse
Mutant Massacre
Inferno
X-Cutioner's Song
Messiah Complex
>>
>>84106939

Days of Future Past
Dark Phoenix Saga
Fatal Attractions
Age of Apocalypse
God Loves, Man Kills
>>
>>84106939

the best x men stuff is made of runs that were not interrupted by events.

messiah complex, mutant massacre and age of apocalypse are probable the best events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Apocalypse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Messiah_Complex

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_Massacre
>>
>>84107030
I remember reading House of M as it came out and I told myself, I will always recall how I hate this mini-series. Years later, I haven't let myself down as this Bendis-fueled piece of crap tale did.

My (limited knowledge/exposure) Top 5:
1. Age of Apocalypse
2. X-Cutioner's Song
3. Second Coming
4. X-Tinction Agenda
5. Operation: Zero Tolerance (I like Marrow; leave me alone haters)

I need to read:

Inferno
Mutant Massacre (Is this an event?)
>>
>>84107287
>Days of Future Past
>Dark Phoenix Saga
Not events, just storylines in Uncanny

> God Loves, Man Kills
Not an event a stand alone graphic novel
>>
>>84107210
>>84107294
I wanted to like Messiah Complex, but thought one too many characters acted out of character, especially Bishop.
>>
File: MutantMassacreAd.jpg (336 KB, 603x883) Image search: [Google]
MutantMassacreAd.jpg
336 KB, 603x883
>>84107309

it is the first x-men crossover
>>
>>84107326
they are events, as in major occurances, fanboy
>>
>>84106939
1. The Phoenix/ Dark Phoenix Saga
2. Mutant Massacre
3. The Brood Saga
4. Inferno
5. Fall of the Mutants
>>
>>84107393

I think op means Crossover events, not just story arcs that were only present in one book.
>>
>>84107329
>Bishop
It's pure character assassination

> I have to stop my dark timeline from coming true by killing this baby
> I mean that's not how timetravel works in marvel and I should know this better than just about anyone
> Oh I'll also try and kill Forge and shoot Xavier in the head
>>
>>84107423
but those are mostly shit, and not recommendable
>>
>>84107450
It's what OP asked for
>>
>>84107309
Inferno and Mutant Massacre are soft events - there's very little actual crossover, it's more like the mood/tone/location is similar, like with Fall of the Mutants.

Anyways,
Messiah Trilogy
X-Cutioner's Song
Muir Island Saga
AoA (possibly replaced by X-Termination
The unrealized potential following Decimation and later Schism
>>
>>84107326

how about you go eat a dick then.. fuckin faggot.
>>
>>84107459

Well fuck OP then, hes asking to be fed shit on a silver spoon
>>
>>84107583
Now when you say dick do you really mean dick? I'm just checking because you don't know what an event is. You're whole vocabulary is in doubt now
>>
>>84107424
SERIOUSLY. Whose fault was this? Carey? Bru? Editors?
>>
>>84107450
>>84107459
>>84107596
Lol, I don't know if I want to admit this, but OP here. How about BEST X-Men stories? Other than Dark Phoenix Saga, God Loves/Man Kills.
>>
>>84107500
So many questions...

What is the Muir Island Saga? Issues?

What is X-Termination?

How do you mean unrealized potential following Decimation/ Schism? I need fully detailed answers, anon. C'mon now.
>>
>>84107987
You're gonna get a pretty generic list.
>Astonishing X-Men
>New X-Men
etc. Honestly, you could just google "top X-Men stories" and get a decent list since it sounds like you're starting from 0.

>>84108022
Just read them dude, they're easily wikipedia'able.

Muir Island was Claremont's finishing arc after a 17 year long run on the title.
X-Termination as a crossover involving a homosexual Wolverine.
Schism sucked and we ended up with AvX/Bendis so that goes without saying, and Decimation had a lack of talent involved for what should have been such a high profile time, literally the largest change in superhero comics and all the effects are just handled by David fucking Hine.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.