[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Futurama is edited for "time and commercial breaks"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: helmut spargle.jpg (51 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
helmut spargle.jpg
51 KB, 720x576
Futurama is edited for "time and commercial breaks" on Comedy Central, but in the first niblonian episode, for example, one certain jokes were changed for no reason. Like being stupid by "joining the Tea Party," instead of buying lottery tickets, and editing out the "Feast of 1000 beasts to feast of 1000 hams and does not show them eating the animals whole. There is clearly an agenda at work here.
>>
the feast of 1000 beasts was the second nibblonian episode. Fry was there for that one
>>
>>84105880

They cut a lot of stuff from the original episodes, just for time constraints.

It's really takes away from some of the jokes that the show goes for.
>>
>>84105931
Post favorite jokes that CC cuts out
>That scab's gonna have a little on-the-job accident.
>With all due respect, Donbot, I don't think we should rely on an accident to happen. Let's kill him ourselves.
>uughhh
>>
>>84105931
The point was, saying join the tea party instead of buying lottery tickets takes the same amount of time. I've seen more like this, but this episode is on right now and just stuck in my head.

>>84105925
Noted.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 300x354
>>84105880
>watching Futurama on comedy central
>watching comedy central
>>
>>84105982
yeah that's fucked up. that didnt exist at the time the episode was made. if you're going to insert liberal bullshit at least make it PERIOD liberal bullshit.
but not nearly as fucked up as the censorship they did. removing shit like 'sweet zombie jesus' and.. i forget what else, there were a couple.
>>
File: askdhsbv.jpg (44 KB, 480x278) Image search: [Google]
askdhsbv.jpg
44 KB, 480x278
>>84106040
>watching TV
>watching anything on a screen
>>
>>84105968
They got rid of "ocean madness"

I will never forgive them for that
>>
>>84105880
"feast of 10000 beasts"
It was always feast of 1000 hams
they make the beasts ones is in another episode
>>
I always thought it was feast of 1000 feasts
>>
>>84105880
>Like being stupid by "joining the Tea Party," instead of buying lottery tickets

I just saw the episode
do you got a video of this becuase the professor says "try to win the lottery" followed by bender saying "lets all join a reform party"
>>
>>84106093

At one point they edited out the line 'I wish I had two mommies'.
>>
File: bender.png (58 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
bender.png
58 KB, 1280x960
>>84106156
Those bastards!
>>
>>84106157
Nope, and it used to show them all eating shit from alligator to zebra swallowed whole.
>>
>>84106288
those are two different episodes you idiot
remember both fry and leela go to their home planet
>>
>>84105880
why did Futurama move from Adult Swim? was it for the new episodes? cant [AS] get it back?
>>
>>84105880
Is this for real? You got a link or something?
>>
>>84106326
both the things the op stated were in the show originally
except tea party was "reform party"
The lottery thing is something the professor says as a one off then when fry realizes everyone in the room is stupid bender screams for everyone to join the reform party and leave
as for feast of hams and beasts they are from two different episodes

that being said they are taking out huge chunks of episodes to make it fit their schedual
>>
>>84105880
They do it for South Park too OP. Off the top of my head I remember them editing out the joke about Cartman closing his eyes and sucking semen out of a house in the Seapeople episode.

Also I remember the episode they edited out the scenes of everybody shitting from their mouth on the episode where they all go aethiest. Instead they put up a placard describing what was happening. Though that might have just been on another channel for syndication.
>>
>>84106420
south park used to be on another network (upn i think it was heaven forbid)
I remember that being the first place where I saw that placard
>>
>>84106383
Ok so the lottery thing was from a different episode than I was thinking of. I was thinking of the Poppers episode where they make a joke about how a dolphin is dumb because he blew all his money on lottery tickets
>>
>>84106459
someone needs to record something then
we need some proof this is happening
>>
>>84106318
viacom paid them more. theyre known to do this kinda shit. never do business with viacom
>>
>>84106420
>>84106451
southpark does have hilariously heavy editing on WB
but it also had weird new censorship on CC, a few years back. however, they've gone back and undone that.
>>
>>84105880
>Comedy Central is shit
This isn't news
>>
>>84105880
thank you for making me not the only person to notice this
its fucking annoying, i keep thinking im having a stroke when i remember jokes being there that they dont actually show anymore
>>
>>84106767
the south park censorship was from when it was airing before 9PM. however, when the network standards laxed a few years ago, CC went back to the original cuts even on early afternoon showings. it's still censored on network tv.

hell, I've been watching AD on TBS at noon and they say "shit" uncensored now.
>>
>>84106156
>"Every time something good happens to me, you always say it's some kind of madness!"
>>
>>84106451
WB/CW would air episodes.
>>
>>84105880
https://theinfosphere.org/Censorship
>>
File: bBIaSeN.jpg (665 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bBIaSeN.jpg
665 KB, 1920x1080
>>84106126
>having eyes on the outside
>>
>>84106861
Amy is the best girl in the show.
>>
>>
>>
>>84105931
That's why I watch the show on netflix.
>>
>>84107666
Satan, this is neither the time nor the place.
>>
>>84107820
>>84107828
>>84107840
Is this the same guy who made that comic where Leela was a butt-tarantula?
>>
>>84108026
if you read the file name you would find
>by antonissen
your welcome anon
>>
>>84108026
But what would that even smell like haha
>>
File: zoidberg.png (111 KB, 191x341) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg.png
111 KB, 191x341
>>84107840
>>
Not Futurma, but there was the SpongeBob episode, "Just One Bite", where Squidward breaks into the Krusty Krab at night and the security system is a bucket of gasoline and a match. Two, actually.
>>
>>84106913
Hmm, glad someone's keeping tabs on it. Sometimes when I watch it and other cartoons, I think I'm going senile remembering shit that's not there.
>>
>>84108911
They cut that? What does he just show up to the vault all burnt with no explanation then?
>>
>>84110718
it just cuts straight to him at the vault, w/ no burns.
i think it had something to do with the 9/11 attacks.
>>
>>84105968

I coulda sworn CC kept that in.
>>
>>84112012
They leave out the Donbot's groan
>>
I remember in Squidbillies during the Dan Halen interview episode they cut the "This is you as a transvestite cabaret hostess" part during one of their marathon streams on the adult swim website. Funny enough that isnt cut from the clip on the adult swim youtube channel so I dont know what the fuck the deal is with that.
>>
>>84106156
Sweet zombie_____
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.