[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkseid War Part 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 61tt9VaWFxL.jpg (69 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
61tt9VaWFxL.jpg
69 KB, 332x500
Just bought this collection.

What am I in for? Good or bad?
>>
>>84105547
It's a lot of slog punctuated by a spattering of hype OHSHI- moments that never amount to anything.
>>
>>84105547
Starts off incredibly promising and then falls into unintelligible mediocrity and nonsense.

GL and Shazam tie-ins are cool though
>>
Complete bullshit. I was really hyped. After Forever Evil. I thought this could be excelent. But it wasn't. Don't want to spoil anything. But don't get to like any new character or character version.
>>
>>84105573
this + good art
>>
>>84105595
Those tie-ins were the only good thing about this. Too bad Shazam didn't get to use what he gained in his tie-in afterwards.
>>
Johns can't do cosmic that isn't rainbow or LOSH cosmic.
>>
It's a comic for men who like comics. If it's not your speed stick to gweenpool or something.
>>
>>84105547

Yes.
>>
File: jeff harvey.gif (991 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
jeff harvey.gif
991 KB, 500x340
>>84105547
Starts off good and hype but faded out in the stretch and got lost in the Rebirth hoopla.

Methinks Johns wore too many hats to make the story good. tv and movies are demanding, especially after BVS shit its pants.

His whole JL run has been uneven. I don't thinks its shit and I've seen worse JL runs but if somebody asks me to name the best works of Geoff Johns I wouldn't put his JL run at the top of the list.

Throne of Atlantis to Amazo Virus were the high points

and where the fuck is Captain Cold?
>>
Fabok's art is based as fuck
>>
its okay
the character work with mister miracle and wonder woman is decent
story flatlines and picks back up frequently in that pattern
>>
it was okay but I think I was expecting too much, I was kind of let down

make sure to read the one shot tie ins though, the GL and Shazam ones were great
>>
>>84105547
MEH, Johns can't write a good Darkseid nor Anti Monitor (though AM has never been a good character) and he never will be able to. Grail was bad and it has an unsatisfying conclusion for the Earth-3 counterparts.
>>
>>84105547
Johns dropped the Captain Cold and Rogues rob Luthor subplot. This still makes me upset.
>>
Some the tie ins were alright, but the rest was boring as fuck.

Johns really just phoned it in for this one, but I can't figure out why.
>>
>>84105547
Starts strong, ends terribly. You should have asked us first.
>>
Got steadily better and then got steadily worse
By the last two or three issues I hated it
Buying all three(?) trades is definitely a waste of your money
>>
I didn't like the climax
>>
>>84108279
Great story, ends kinda lame and with wasted potential though
>>
>>84108922
>Great story
End yourself.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.