[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/ Are there good comic events/crossovers or are they only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Hey /co/
Are there good comic events/crossovers or are they only a way to boost sales with an infinity of tie-ins and movie synergy?
>>
>>84105058

yes
>>
>>84105058
There's a few. Annihilation comes to mind.
>>
File: venom-and-hulk.jpg (618 KB, 1024x1535) Image search: [Google]
venom-and-hulk.jpg
618 KB, 1024x1535
>>84105058
Can't they be both?
>>
Marvel Cosmic circa 2005-2010 was phenomenal
I like HoM more than I hated it
Same with Infinite Crisis
52 is counted as an event by some wikis.
COIE is aight.
Infinity Gauntlet is good until the end
I didn't like Blackest Night as an event but I liked it as a GL story that happened to have DCU characters as cast members, so maybe that counts.
Messiah CompleX was as good as Annihilation imo, though I know I'm in the minority with that opinion. You have to be keen to X-men stories of the era though, so I wouldn't rec it to a newbie.
>>
FINAL CRISIS
I
N
A
L

C
R
I
S
I
S
>>
The current Valiant event 4001AD event is glorious.
>>
File: dont believe his lies.jpg (25 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
dont believe his lies.jpg
25 KB, 640x272
Forever Evil and Sinestro Corps War.

>>84105273

Pic related.
>>
>>84105058
Yes but they are rare.Its usually to boost sales and force tie ins to interrupt stories in other books. Though usually a tie in or two is better than the event itself, like AVX and AVX Consequences.

COIE
Axis (dumb but fun)
Blackest Night
Annihilation
>>
>>84105311
Redpill me on Valient. Diamond in the rough, or meme publisher?
>>
>>84105891
A literal diamond.
They are doing capeshit better than the capeshit big two.
They have like one or two bad series, all the rest is great, with some perfect books (Imperium, The Valiant, Divinity).

I don't know where the 'meme publisher' shit came from.
>>
>>84105767
>Pic unrelated.

fixed
>>
>>84105180
Anti-Hero Venom is Best Venom
>>
The first comics I ever read were loaned to me by my uncle. He lent me the WWH tpb, Civil War tpb, the Punisher War Journal where Castle rocks the Cap costume and some Deadpool tpb.

Close behind World War Hulk, Civil War really got me into comics. I enjoyed it immensely, tho with little context. Havnt read it since, but remember it fondly. I suppose it must have had some merit to draw in a newfag from outta nowhere?

Also, tastes in comic have evolved obviously, but I don't think I've read a crossover since excluding the new Secret Wars and I very much enjoyed it.

In conclusion, I believe there are good ones, and also believe they exist to boost sales.
>>
Final Crisis
>>
The best events are stories on their own that happen to be important or "big", not ones that try to be important or "big"
>>
>>84106203
Thanks m8 I'll check it out
>>
>>84105273
>>84106791

There is your answer, OP

Also, Flashpoint is not so bad.
>>
>>84106914
Flashpoint was cool and I would have rather seen more of that universe than the nu52
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.