[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BENDIS PhD. Talks some shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 19
File: cwii-1-variant-e113d.jpg (296 KB, 900x1365) Image search: [Google]
cwii-1-variant-e113d.jpg
296 KB, 900x1365
On killing the Black guy
>I talked to everybody about it, and then the conversation turned around to the plus side and the minus side of the Marvel Universe becoming so diverse -- and it is so diverse, if you compare it to the first "Civil War." You literally look at the line up of the "Civil War" #1 cover and the "Civil War II" #1 cover, you can see the difference. Thor is a woman! Cap is African-American! Spider-Man is biracial. Everything changed.
>The mistake would be, then, to coddle the characters; don't let anything bad happen to them because of representation. But if we do that, we're not telling stories. Still, I can't help but be conscious of the fact that from the original "Star Trek" on up, the black guy in the red shirt is going to die, and everyone knows the trope of the African-American guy going into the ghost house first.

On the real reason why to kill the black guy
>We also had to deal with the fact that, for a completely different reason in the story, Rhodey took a hit in the "Civil War" movie. I actually didn't know where that was going to land in their final edit, so I had to take that into consideration as well.

On being the owner of Marvel comics
>The only thing that annoys me when people criticize stuff like this is, they think I'm sitting here full of whimsy and arrogance, and Marvel lets me do whatever the Hell I want. They think that I don't answer to anybody. I don't know what kind of job that is. The president answers to people. Who do you think doesn't answer to people? And what kind of whacked out creative relationship would I have with the universe if I was putting myself in a position where you couldn't speak to me? That's not what I want. The reason I signed up with Joe [Quesada] is, he told me my art sucked.

On writing Original Sin: GotG
>I've done stories where continuity is just an obstacle course, no matter where you go, and yes, I'm aware of continuity in other people's books.
>>
File: 31BVg3YCzZL__UX250_.jpg (13 KB, 250x295) Image search: [Google]
31BVg3YCzZL__UX250_.jpg
13 KB, 250x295
>>84102673
On admitting Secret Invasion was a failure and this could very well be one too
>I think "Secret Invasion" is one of the best examples of the fallout being more exciting than the event. That very well could happen here.

On believing shit you read on 4chan
>Some people are mad about stuff that they heard rumors of. There's a lot of rumors, and one website is flat out making up rumors. They're posting them as headlines and pointing at me. You will see down the line what was true and what was not, and I'm completely offended by this.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/bendis-on-war-machines-death-she-hulks-fate-raising-the-civil-war-ii-stakes/pageno=1
>>
Just a mod reminder, seeing as how polarizing a writer Bendis is, let's keep criticism to his work and not to his person. Personally I won't label him a "liar" because as pointed out, She-Hulk's story is far from finished here. Oh CBR.
>>
>>84102757
Hello CBR comment section
>>
File: marvel no.png (890 KB, 539x798) Image search: [Google]
marvel no.png
890 KB, 539x798
>>
>>84102673
>On writing Original Sin: GotG
>>I've done stories where continuity is just an obstacle course, no matter where you go, and yes, I'm aware of continuity in other people's books.

And then there's writers like Ewing, who seem to enjoy using the convoluted continuity of modern capeshit as a tool
>>
>>84102757
meme
>>
>>84102798
Didnt haft of the xboard got banned for criticising bendis run.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 326x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 326x272
>>84102673
>Bendis saw Rhodey "dying" in the civil war trailer
>write script for civil 2
>civil war movie comes out and is already too late to change the script

Some Anon said the exact same thing in another civil war thread, how predictable is Bendis ?
>>
>>84102673
>We also had to deal with the fact that, for a completely different reason in the story, Rhodey took a hit in the "Civil War" movie. I actually didn't know where that was going to land in their final edit, so I had to take that into consideration as well.

You HAD to? Fuck you Bendis. You're not writing stories, you're writing commercial tie-ins.
>>
Fuckers on /co/ telling me, always in Marvel threads
"Bendis ain’t bout this, Bendis ain’t bout that"
My boy a scripter on fucking Iron Man and them
He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Y'all niggas ain’t know shit
All ya motherfuckers talk about "Bendis ain’t no writer, Bendis ain’t this, Bendis a fake" SHUT THE FUCK UP

Y'all don’t live with that nigga!
Y'all know that nigga wrote Alias and Powers
First good comic adaptations
Nigga been on best-sellers since fuckin, I don’t know when!
Motherfuckers stop fuckin' playin' him like that
Them niggas savages out there
If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Bendis I’m fucking beating they ass!
I’m not fucking playing no more
You know those niggas roll with Brevoort and them
>>
>>84102799
saved
>>
>>84102973
Should have had a 'first letter of each line spells a phrase' thing
>>
Why does anyone believe Rhodey is dead
She-Hulk probably is though, and she's part of a monority I guess

>>84102757
You're a bitch if you're a mod, and if you're not you're a double bitch
>>
File: cw2 overstock.jpg (126 KB, 637x923) Image search: [Google]
cw2 overstock.jpg
126 KB, 637x923
Is this true?
>>
>>84102823
It usually is more fun, because you need to do really creative stuff to write a nice story, it even motivates, at least, it does for people like me (I enjoy fair hard games too, to be honest). It just is that people not creative enough or lazy, or people who clearly are working in to much stuff at the same time, that think continuity is an obstacle. I wonder which one ius the case: I think it may be that the has a hand in too many comics, and the fact that he's a bit of a one trick pony.
>>
>>84102757
>let's coddle Bendis

who's paying you fucktard?
>>
>>84103142
Never trust a wrestling fan, especially a wrestling fan who likes comic books
>>
>>84103087
>You're a bitch if you're a mod, and if you're not you're a double bitch

He's quoting from CBR.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?80183-Bendis-On-War-Machine-s-Death-She-Hulk-s-Fate-amp-Raising-the-quot-Civil-War-II-quot-Stakes&p=2123696&viewfull=1#post2123696
>>
>>84103142
yeah, it seems to be selling poorly, don't think the inhumans is entirely to blame but probably a factor
>>
>>84102694
>On believing shit you read on 4chan
>>Some people are mad about stuff that they heard rumors of. There's a lot of rumors, and one website is flat out making up rumors. They're posting them as headlines and pointing at me. You will see down the line what was true and what was not, and I'm completely offended by this.

Was he talking about 4chan or Bleeding Cool? Cause Bleeding Cool was where Rich was pushing the "Mary Jane is the one who's gonna die in Civil War II #3" theory.
>>
>>84103258
Bleeding cool gets all their headlines from here, and he probably knows that and may connect them in his mind
>>
>>84102673
>and yes, I'm aware of continuity in other people's books.
then stick to it
>>
>>84103258
Rich gets 90% of his stories from here. He's probably lurking in this thread right now
>>
>>84103142
The whole "buzz" part is probably fake, but in terms of what we've seen from CMX and BleedingCool listings, it seems like there's less interest in CW2 than Rebirth, as a whole.

Whether that *actually* means there's overorders and readers aren't buying it is up in the air. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if retailers keep believing that their Marvel books will somehow sell themselves.
>>
File: 1444876266281.png (180 KB, 398x186) Image search: [Google]
1444876266281.png
180 KB, 398x186
>We can't coddle these characters!
>So let's kill someone who isn't any of these characters.
>>
>>84103142
>even worse, it's about the inhumans
>GROSS
Nice
>>
>>84103276
>>84103298
Yeah but no one on /co/ came up with the Mary Jane theory. That was him. Someone on /co/ came up with the "Hawkeye kills Banner" theory long before Rich mentioned it.
>>
>>84102829
I got banned for criticizing people that were criticizing Whedon due to the BW "I'mma monster " thing, so I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
File: 1426677731503.png (18 KB, 331x228) Image search: [Google]
1426677731503.png
18 KB, 331x228
>>84102673
>The mistake would be, then, to coddle the characters; don't let anything bad happen to them because of representation

How is this the same guy who fucking turned Ice Man gay just to pander to fangirls?
>>
>>84103258
Probably both.

The "clint kills banner" theory has spread to other places.
That said the Mary Jane one and Clint kills Banner one both seem possible to me. Especially since marvel has started to tease OMD being undone again so you just know they're pondering the possibility of killing off half the couple people want together again. And Bendis probably included MJ in IIM for a reason.
>>
File: Coates.jpg (55 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
Coates.jpg
55 KB, 750x563
>>84102673
>Coates: Marvel was a mistake.
>>
>>84103484
>anons joked he looked like he didn't want to be there
>it turned out that that's probably somewhat true
>>
>>84102673
>>I've done stories where continuity is just an obstacle course, no matter where you go, and yes, I'm aware of continuity in other people's books.
Why can't he just say he didn't care? "Continuity is too hard" is the battle cry for bad writers
>>
>>84103175
You're working me here, right?
>>
File: CW II issue 2.png (1 MB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
CW II issue 2.png
1 MB, 1308x954
>>84102673
As soon as we complete the Bingo, I'm going to show it( with date of its creation) to Bendis to make him understand how bad this event was
>>
>>84102673
Why doesn't he just admit he killed WM because of the CW trailer?
>>
>>84102673
>Still, I can't help but be conscious of the fact that from the original "Star Trek" on up, the black guy in the red shirt is going to die, and everyone knows the trope of the African-American guy going into the ghost house first.

Wait, when did a black guy in a red shirt die on Star Trek?
>>
>>84103610
Scarlet Witch gets shit on should be crossed off, thanks to "No More Hellstroms". Also, OP's article confirms MCU references, so that really needs to be crossed. On the flipside, I don't think there's ben EXTENDED dialogue about race and/or gender politics.
>>
>>84103610
Need to add new relaunch. The Marvel NOW! teasers already out.
>>
>>84103687
Why doesn't Marvel just admit they're fridging the X-men and Fantastic Four over movie rights?
>>
>>84103702
Okay, just found this:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/database/redshirt_deaths.htm
>>
>>84103610
>one side is comically evil

Which one, Iron Man?
>>
>>84103258
BleedingCool just uses rumors that /co/ makes up for its headlines, so he's likely talking about both.
>>
I think Bendis is pretty good at navigating this terrain in his interviews, whatever I think about his writing.

Most comics professionals are liberals but not SJWs (which I define here as being people who think representation of their politics is more important than any artistic considerations). Some of them get mad at the SJ side and lash out. Bendis is pretty good at dismissing their objections without sounding like he's getting angry. He condescends to them and pats them on the head, but he clearly doesn't care.

>>84103457
>How is this the same guy who fucking turned Ice Man gay just to pander to fangirls?

Because he liked that story, or at least didn't give a shit about Iceman any other way and thought this would make him "interesting."

Which is a common trait with Bendis, he can't think of anything better to do with characters so he'll do something sensational with them.
>>
>>84102673
>I had to take that into consideration as well.

You actually DON'T have to take that into consideration.
>>
>>84103517
Does marvel know how big of a draw he is?
>>
>>84104074
Don't you know, anon?
comics exist to adapt movie plots, not vice versa
>>
>>84103298
>thread about forgotten comic book video games begins
>anon posts about unreleased Daredevil ps1 game
>article appears the next day on bleeding cool about Daredevil ps1 game

pottery
>>
>>84102673
>On the real reason why to kill the black guy
>>We also had to deal with the fact that, for a completely different reason in the story, Rhodey took a hit in the "Civil War" movie. I actually didn't know where that was going to land in their final edit, so I had to take that into consideration as well.

Meanwhile, two months ago...
>>
>>84103572
don't work yourself into a shoot brother
>>
>>84103484
I have nothing but sympathy for that man. Finding out what the company that owns your childhood hero is truly like must be so disheartening.
>>
What I want to know is why anyone cares anymore.

Remember when events were once-in-a-while things that permanently changed their world forever? Crisis on Infinite Earths culled dozens of unused Earths and made the focus on just one.

Meanwhile, Secret Wars came and went, the only major change being that some Ultimate Universe characters are folded into the 616 world. The main "nothing will be the same!" moments of Civil War II so far are War Machine, Shulk, and Banner all dying, and you know they'll come back after a year or so. And directly off the heels of THAT, we're getting ANOTHER reboot in the form of Marvel NOW, which will change absolutely nothing.

Marvel wants to make events to drum up publicity? Fine. But don't just sweep the ramifications under the rug. Go out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>84102673
>GAIZ I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
>OY VEY EVERYTHING ABOUT ME IS A LIE GOYIM PLEASE BELIEVE ME
>>
>>84102757
Now THIS is a shill
>>
>>84102673
>>The only thing that annoys me when people criticize stuff like this is, they think I'm sitting here full of whimsy and arrogance, and Marvel lets me do whatever the Hell I want.
projecting this hard
>>
>>84103484
>Oh, boy. Writin' for Marvel
>Get invited out to there big meeting thing
>An egg and this white Muslim lady are there
>They sit me down and ask me how I feel about someone like me being killed off
>tfw Marvel was a mistake
>>
>>84104889
>There's also some fat greedy fuck
>he says it's not his first rodeo there
>at least he saved Spider-man
>>
File: 1465775927415.png (13 KB, 180x195) Image search: [Google]
1465775927415.png
13 KB, 180x195
>>84102823
>continuity is just an obstacle

Jesus christ.
>>
>>84102673
I just fucking want Bendis to leave Cosmic Marvel.
>>
>>84102757
>let's keep criticism to his work and not his person
HE'S FAT
AND BALD.
>>
>>84103610
Comically good/evil shouldn't be crossed yet
>>
>>84103457
Bendis is master of justifying things. To himself, usually, but it does give him experience for social media and interviews. His writing is still lazy and he still doesn't read other people's work.
This whole idea of continuity as an obstacle course is ass-backwards too. Continuity should be a foundation you can build on, instead of something you build around and That you blow up when its in your way.
>>
>>84105510
Tony's side is kidnapping a dude for an illogical reason. Carol's has literally done nothing wrong.
>>
>>84105566
I feel like "obstacle course" is a good way to describe it.
If you can maneuver it masterfully, you can show off and know you're good.
Bendis on the other hand is just lazy and immediately gives up on the hypothetical obstacle course.
>>
>>84103085
It's a a quote from a Chief Keef Stan.
>>
>>84102898
Bendis is lazy with a capital L, hell he's become even lazy when it comes to characters he claims to care about, the new issue for Mile's run is pretty much a blatant copy almost line for line of another scene from his own Ultimate Spider Man run where Peter gets his fingerprints scanned. The man doesn't care, he knows he can shit on paper and it'll sell. He's hollow inside.
>>
>>84103170
>>84104562
See >>84103185
>>
>>84102673
>>We also had to deal with the fact that, for a completely different reason in the story, Rhodey took a hit in the "Civil War" movie. I actually didn't know where that was going to land in their final edit, so I had to take that into consideration as well.
Yes, we all know you want your daughter to be War Machine.
>>
>>84102973
...was this supposed to be read like Smash Mouth's All Star?
>>
Nothing would make me feel more smug than Civil War II failing and Bendis' ego is deflated.
>>
>>84106174
even if CWII doesn't do so hot it won't do shit to Bendis's ego
>>
>>84106174
Well, it's apparently not meeting expectations. Wait for Rebirth sales to settle and we'll see how CW2 does. I think this is going until September.
>>
>>84106388
The only people who like CWII are fangirls squealing over Tony being drawn so cute.
>>
>>84106388
>Wait for Rebirth sales to settle and we'll see how CW2 does. I think this is going until September.
Rebirth is releasing line-starting specials and #1s until October. CW isn't going to do better at any point.
>>
>>84103926
yes
>>
>>84106174
Bendis doesn't really give a damn about Civil War II. Even he admits it was done for the movie hype. He cares about his solo books. And yes, for current market standards, they're all a success. Bonus, he beat Dan Abnett and cosmicfags on their own game. Nothing can stop him.
>>
File: hell hal.png (129 KB, 341x279) Image search: [Google]
hell hal.png
129 KB, 341x279
>>84106595
>tfw Bendis will always win
>>
>>84106595
To be fair, every cosmic book that wasn't GotG failed
>>
Why hasn't any supervillain tried to kidnap Ulysses yet?
>>
>>84102673
>On being the owner of Marvel comics
Like a lot of people who bitch about fan criticism, I don't think the criticism is that Bendis does whatever he want because he has that kind of pull. It's that editorial is lazy as to be nonexistant and thus he can get away with doing shit because there's nobody there who really wants to tell him "no".

I mean his tenure probably do0es give him more pull than other writers would get: I doubt whatever it is that caused Rememnder to drop the X-Men and Marvel (the current status quo, right?) would have been merely "suggested" to Bendis instead of forced on him or he would've just ignored it anyway but really the problem isn't Bendis himself. Bendis is merely the symptom of the disease that is bad, lazy, lax editorial.
>>
>>84106828
He's only thwarted a Celestial and Thanos so far. He doesn't seem to be interfering with anything they do. I was about to say he'd see it coming too, but Tony had no trouble kidnapping him.
Also, he's existed in-universe for like 2 weeks, max. I doubt they know about him.
>>
>>84106828
Depending on how you define villain Magneto is in the know now and he's coming for that ass. Supposedly through Nightcrawler's assistance, but I think Kurt's pulling a bluff to get Magneto in a cell without resistance. Erik should have the common sense to ask Psylocke to scan him for that.
>>
>>84103484
Where's the jacked DC pic
>>
>>84105928
Somebody once told me that Bendis done killed Rhodey
And on She-Hulk he put out a hit
Well her death was really dumb, ol' Thanos had a gun
And she took a missle right to the tit
>>
>>84107078
>>84103820
>>
>>84102673
Bendis and continuity:

Fuck you. I have ZERO sympathy. Every other writer somehow manages to deal with continuity and make it work. Some, like based Ewing, revel in it and are masters of making continuity work for the story they want to tell. Bendis says, "wow, that seems hard." and just does whatever. Ya know what else? If you're on a book that's REALLY heavy with continuity, and it's giving you problems, shouldn't you move to another book? Instead of what he actually does, which is just ignore it.
>>
>>84107783
What's worse is having a writer who's obsessed with continuity. Their writing becomes incomprehensible garbage at some point, like most DC events
>>
>>84107899
That's what the Civil War II damage control brigade wants you to believe
>>
>>84107899
you are now aware there's a middle ground between "ignores" and "obsessed with".
>>
>>84107783
if he doesn't like continuity then he should just not write for Marvel or DC
>>
>>84108066
Yes, exactly

None of these writers really get that. Either they want to wank about continuity or they want to make their mark by shilling their own OC
>>
>>84102973
maybe if you put a yellow shirt and go bald, Bendis-sempai will notice you.
>>
>>84108317
I don't think Charlie Brown's gonna help him with this one
>>
>>84103703
>On the flipside, I don't think there's ben EXTENDED dialogue about race and/or gender politics.
We're getting "Black Funeral: the Issue" soon
>>
>>84107198
Bravo
>>
File: Gerald.jpg (21 KB, 409x352) Image search: [Google]
Gerald.jpg
21 KB, 409x352
>>84107198
God dammit anon.
>>
>>84108611
That issue of Sam Cap came out last week, but it's written by Spencer, not Bendis.
>>
>>84108213
It'd be better if he wrote his own things that had no barring on continuity.
He very clearly didn't want to write the OS tie-in for GotG. He could have easily dumped it on another writer.
>>
God, I fucking hate Bendis. He's the guy that got you retards to think decompression is cool and not absurdly cheap bullshit.

His personal shill message board got shut down and I hoped he would get pushed out of comics, but no.

If there is anything retards love as much as MCU it's fucking Bendis.
>>
>>84109131
While that would minimize his effect on other people's work, he even has trouble remembering his own canon.
>>
>>84105629
>Carol's has literally done nothing wrong.

Invite C listers instead of heavy hitters to a Thanos party.

Follows a flawed plan that gets a brother killed & her girlfriend in a coma.

Refuses to admit fault to any of the above.

Marches off to confront the Real Hulk

Doesn't see anything suspicious about a prophet whose mind is unreadable...

Carol should be demoted & then exiled from Earth until she resolves her various mental issues.
>>
>>84109232
Stop liking what I don't like waaaaah!
>>
>>84109291
That would fine. If everything he writes isn't canon, you'd save everyone a lot of time and headaches
>>
>>84109470
True, but him contradicting himself gets to be annoying.
>>
>>84109395
More like "stop liking dumb shit."

Dumb shit? You mean shit that is dumb?

>shit
LANGUAGE!

Hey, dance-off, bro!

Dumb garbage that needs to die down already.
>>
>>84109470
What canon?

Marvel got some new event... What's it called Mosaic I think, coming up. What's happening right now will be forgotten like the first civil war was.
>>
>>84104260
>Bendis ignores his own continuity
>Bendis ignores the continuity of others
>Bendis ignores his own talking points
>Kills off the black guy and strong woman

Is Bendis the comic book writer version of Trump...?

>I have great words! I have the best words! Nobody is better at this than me!
>>
>>84109232
Let me guess.

Riderfag or Quillfag?
>>
>>84109371
>Implying tier determines power level
>>
>>84109590
Bendis has been a racist woman-hating sissy from the beginning.

Notice how the common trait in his female characters are that they are incompetent/emotionally unstable.
>>
>>84109565
Where you in May? Everybody was talking about because of a certain movie.
>>
>>84109565
Mosaic is a character, not an event.
>>
>>84103610
Can't you cross out MCU reference since he mentioned that whole Rhodey thing?
>>
>>84109603
Comicfag?

NotImpressedBySimpleLightedSnarkfag?

His stuff is trash simplified pea-brain "comedic" tone that has drowned most of the comics and served as the baseline for the movies to the dumbass repetitive dialogue. Literally comics cancer given amorphous blob form.
>>
>>84109758
It only counts things that happen in the main event book, otherwise it would be too easy.
>>
>>84109765
*trash from the
>>
>>84109371
War Machine has fought plenty of world ending enemies. There's a fuck load of events where every hero is fighting so and so big baddy.

Also, the plan wasn't flawed, it worked
>>
>>84102673
>Cap is African-American!
Captain America is a nigger now?
When the fuck did that happen?
>>
>>84109850
2 years ago.
>>
>>84106595
>people have horrendous taste
nothing new.
>>
>>84109888
Holy shit was Sam Cap two years ago? Jesus where does time go
>>
>>84109935
Announced July 2014 and took the role in August 2014. Same with Jane becoming Thor.
>>
>>84109850
Around the time TWS came out.
It was pretty hamfisted when they had a page where not! Fox News talked about how Captain America shouldn't be black. Not as bad as Thor 5, though.
>>
>>84109371

You forgot

>Wants to go full minority report of capturing criminals for crimes the didn't commit yet and the only reason she hasn't started doing it yet is because it's illegal.
>>
>>84102673
>The mistake would be, then, to coddle the characters; don't let anything bad happen to them because of representation. But if we do that, we're not telling stories.
Being aware that you're using a shitty racial trope does not change the fact that you're using a shitty racial trope
>>
>>84109988
Because Fox News being mad about a black taking on the role of a white superhero is something that totally didn't happen in real life.

Jesus fuck /co is retarded.
>>
>>84110510
paying attention to fox news is like paying attention to /pol/

you're giving retards attention they don't deserve.
>>
>>84106828
Tony Stark did, and he's a Kang stooge.
>>
>>84109793
Rhodey's death happened in the main book, and it's confirmed to be an MCU reference.
>>
File: ColbertAlan.png (75 KB, 503x375) Image search: [Google]
ColbertAlan.png
75 KB, 503x375
>>84103484
>>
>>84109631
Boring Sentry & all the other so called "powerful heroes" did fuck all versus Thanos.
>>
>>84109802
>Also, the plan wasn't flawed, it worked

Yeah awesome tactics, it got someone killed & a Hulk incapacitated via friendly fire.

That's some mighty fine leadership there, Carol.
>>
>>84102673
>In Bendis' version of events Rider confesses to Quill that he loved Gamora before he sacrificed himself to save Quill and that's why he didn't tell her or anyone else what happened.
>Nova was dating Namorita at the time of the Thanos Imperative.
I'm aware that it can be dizzying to go through decades of continuity to know all the ins and outs of Marvel continuity, but this was 1 six issue comic event. That's how easy it would have been to fact check that shit. And he works for Marvel. I'm sure they could have procured the proper issues to read if he needed it.
This story could have even worked if Bendis had used Namorita as the girl who kidnapped Quill and started asking question. It would have even made more sense to have someone NOT on the team kidnap him.
>>
>>84113231
They had three hours of prep according to their own dialogue, how did it fuck up that badly?
>>
>>84113286
They did pretty good. No civilian casualties, and Thanos didn't escape.
All things considered, I would consider it a successful mission until Iron Man threw a shit fit.
>>
>>84103484
Is it wrong to say i would like to bang that muslim chick?
>>
>>84113286
>>84113351

Dudes, I'm telling you it's that omnicient Inhuman kid, he set them up for that fall.
It's all the little plays within the big plays, he's the master manipulator and everyone's just dancing to his tune until he gets what he wants!
It's gunna be bad, man.
>>
>>84113284
Too much effort when you can just do whatever and everyone else has to comform.
>>
>>84113420
No. It's wrong to have to ask.
>>
>>84109371
>Somewhere away, Moonstone is laughing her ass off.
>>
File: 1467092782783.png (62 KB, 503x375) Image search: [Google]
1467092782783.png
62 KB, 503x375
>>84112604
>>
>>84103142
I think calling it literally "Civil War 2" is just so on the nose even dumb moviefags know it's a scam.
>>
>>84113889
But moviefags don't know comics exist
>>
>>84113939
Then who the fuck is buying all these godawful GotG books?
>>
>>84113994
Comic readers and comic fans, you know, not you.
>>
>>84103142
>and that's a shoot.

Fuck. You.
>>
>>84114029
You're silly, anon.
>>
>>84102829
Nah, they got banned for bashing Rightclops.
>>
>>84114563
Was that the Right thing to do?
>>
>>84103484
Why mistake? His comic outsold everything.
>>
>>84106424
So... two thirds of /co/?
>>
>>84113994
The same people who buy Slott's ASM, Whor, Harley Quinn, and Snyder's Batman and literally anything with a #1 in the title. People with bad taste.

Unfortunately, they make up most of the comic consumers.
>>
>>84114652
Because it's overhyped as fuck.
>>
>>84114681
(he was cute though)
>>
>>84114701
Are you sure that's the take-away here? There's no other possibility? None?
Not even something involving just a bit of introspection on your part?
>>
>>84114739
>he thinks any of that isn't trash

You have objectively bad taste.
>>
>>84114906
Everyone else in the world is saying that icecream is good, you're screaming about how awful it is and you think it's everyone else who is wrong.
It's not the differing opinion that I find so foolish, it's the absolutist claim to personal authority in judgement.
FYI: That's how all crazy people started going crazy.
>>
File: 48_12.jpg (487 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
48_12.jpg
487 KB, 1000x1537
>>84113475
While I can respect your theory, that seems like far to much credit to give Bendis.
Something else that seems like too much credit for Bendis, the theory that Doc Samson is still dead, and his appearance in CWII 0 is just a delusion of Carol's mind as a result of her being overworked.
>>
>>84115026
>everybody in the world loves Michael Bay
>yet critics keep screaming about how awful he is

Fuck of Bendis. You might be able to catch a rerun of the BET awards.
>>
>>84103320
I want to FUCK Cloud 9!
>>
>>84102829
You get banned for saying anything mildly politically incorrect. SJWs reign at CBR.
>>
>>84106881

I assume the Kingpin mini is going to deal with the super villain reaction to Ulysses.
>>
>>84116034
It's sad when you see older Thorfags how everybody jumps on them when they say they want Thor back.
>>
>>84109131
Dumping your job on another person is a risky move when it comes to financial security as your bosses are going to notice is some random scmuch does a much better job than you.
>>
>>84102673
>>The only thing that annoys me when people criticize stuff like this is, they think I'm sitting here full of whimsy and arrogance, and Marvel lets me do whatever the Hell I want. They think that I don't answer to anybody. I don't know what kind of job that is. The president answers to people. Who do you think doesn't answer to people? And what kind of whacked out creative relationship would I have with the universe if I was putting myself in a position where you couldn't speak to me? That's not what I want.

I nearly died laughing
>>
File: 1460149854426.png (640 KB, 785x684) Image search: [Google]
1460149854426.png
640 KB, 785x684
>>84103484
>the way they all dress
how can so many people be so un-effay?
>>
>>84117169
The man who just doesn't get it.
>>
>>84117279
Other than Bendis they aren't really that bad. Bendis is apparently so fat that he can't properly tuck in his shirt.
>>
>>84113351
Real leaders versus Thanos got the job done without getting their troops killed.

Carol is the Hillary Clinton of capes. Couldn't lead a girl scout troop.
>>
>>84113284
But anon didn't you read. Bendis is aware of continuity in other people's books. All that you're pointing out, he knew. All of it.
>>
>>84114652
It's going to be really interesting to see the numbers on BP once it's not so novel and not being propped up by "order this many to get this variant" like it has been. I've seen retailers grumbling about tons of unsold copies left.
>>
>>84103142
>even worse, it's about the Inhumans
>GROSS
Fucking hell I hate people
>>
>>84103610
Bendis won't care.
>>
>>84109371
>Invite C listers instead of heavy hitters to a Thanos party.
You don't know who the Ultimates are, do you?
>>
>>84120884
They're right. The Inhumans are fucking horrible
>>
>>84121019
The Royal Family is fucking great
>>
>>84121077
Were. They were great. Now with no Maximus or BB they've turned to shit.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.