[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else watch this? I feel like it gets overlooked more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: NNVG8841.jpg (826 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
NNVG8841.jpg
826 KB, 800x1200
Did anyone else watch this? I feel like it gets overlooked more so than other 90s animated films.
>>
>>84102279
I've only read the Russian adaptation where Shredder threatens to cause a flood by destroying the dam but it stopped by a TMNT and Pinocchio team-up. It's from the same book series as TMNT vs Freddy and TMNT vs Predator.
>>
>>84102279
I remember watching this, but also hating it for some reason. After watch some on youtube I was just probably bored.
>>
>>84102946
... what?
>>
>>84102279
I remember enjoying it as a kid. I always wondered why nobody ever talked about it. Is it that obscure?
>>
I watched it
>>
File: Batman feat. TNMT ru book.jpg (2 MB, 3618x1806) Image search: [Google]
Batman feat. TNMT ru book.jpg
2 MB, 3618x1806
>>84103381
With power of piracy, everything is possible!
>>
>>84105709
What does this have to do with the thread?
>>
It was okay, but I don't think it left much to discuss. I mostly don't remember it.
>>
>>84102279
Really liked this film as a kid.
>>
Cute film. The animation is mostly bleh but there are some surprisingly pretty moments.

I'm surprised that no other company has attempted to adapt this story.

The sequel has a shockingly sad ending.

Irene and Curdie were married. The old king died, and they were king and queen. As long as they lived Gwyntystorm was a better city, and good people grew in it. But they had no children, and when they died the people chose a king. And the new king went mining and mining in the rock under the city, and grew more and more eager after the gold, and paid less and less heed to his people. Rapidly they sank toward their old wickedness. But still the king went on mining, and coining gold by the pailful, until the people were worse even than in the old time. And so greedy was the king after gold, that when at last the ore began to fail, he caused the miners to reduce the pillars which Peter and they that followed him had left standing to bear the city. And from the girth of an oak of a thousand years, they chipped them down to that of a fir tree of fifty.

One day at noon, when life was at its highest, the whole city fell with a roaring crash. The cries of men and the shrieks of women went up with its dust, and then there was a great silence.

Where the mighty rock once towered, crowded with homes and crowned with a palace, now rushes and raves a stone-obstructed rapid of the river. All around spreads a wilderness of wild deer, and the very name of Gwyntystorm had ceased from the lips of men.
>>
never saw this movie

I remember seeing the trailers for it

Is this movie worth hunting down and watching
>>
>>84107339
>they had no children
I immediately thought that they just couldn't find the right hole.
>>
>>84107339

well that's fucking dark
>>
>>84109149
The whole movie is on youtube.
>>
>>84102279
I really loved this movie as a kid.

It's a shame somany people havn't discovered this gem.
>>
>>84109337

I was asking if it was worth watching

but I'm going to check it out any way

and if anyone else is lazy about looking for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kS6fSczcZs
>>
>... Princess ... ... Goblin
Take one guess what I expected from this thread's thumbnail.
>>
>>84109407
I think it is. it's a nice classic fairy tale type story.
>>
File: Goblin-2.jpg (15 KB, 442x343) Image search: [Google]
Goblin-2.jpg
15 KB, 442x343
>>84107339
>One day at noon, when life was at its highest, the whole city fell with a roaring crash. The cries of men and the shrieks of women went up with its dust, and then there was a great silence.

jesus.

Also I wanted a Magic Phone Card so bad.
>>
I remember watching this a lot as a child and enjoying it, except for the voice of the young girl protagonist, I thought she was obnoxious.
>>
>>84102279

I remember I used to watch this so many times as a kid. However, I can't remember any of it.

Except for one line "My father works there; they live there." It's not even a really dramatic or important line or anything. Funny how memory works.
>>
I mostly just remember the fat handmaiden screaming "REEEEEENEEEEEEEE!".
>>
I could never figure out why the movie pronounced her name "Irini" when her name is Irene.
>>
>>84110107
Is it a scot thing?
>>
>>84107104
They took this story, replaced the Goblin Queen with Shredder, the Boy with Pinocchio and the Princess with the TMNT.
>>
>>84110107
>>84111372
Yup. "Eye-reen-ee" is a British and Scottish pronunciation, though it's not as common a pronunciation anymore. "Eye-reen" is the standard American pronunciation. So "Irini" would have been how the author of the original book pronounced the name when he wrote it.
>>
>>84109407
It's the full movie alright, but it's sped up like crazy
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.