[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: tmnt out of the shadows.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tmnt out of the shadows.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
Now that it's been a few weeks, how hard did this movie suck?

On a scale from a cyclone to a Thai prostitute.
>>
>>84097623
But

Cyclones blow
>>
>>84097623
You're an idiot, OP. That makes you the target audience.
>>
>>84097642
Toranados?
>>
It was better than the last one and not nearly as bad as I thouhgt it was going to be but it still needed a lot of work.

There's like 3 good plots in there that by combining ending up giving us a clusterfuck that was a little disappointing. Shredder breaking out and building an by himself should've been a movie, especially given the complaints we got list time that he was utilized poorly. Krang invating could've been its own movie. The whole "we have a chance to be human and live top side" plot DEFINITELY could've been a movie all by itself. Instead it got relegated to being a footnote, which is a downright criminal waste of potential.
>>
>>84097623
>On a scale from a cyclone to a Thai prostitute.

Can this entire thread be about how OP thought this was clever?
>>
Huh. They all have pants on. I've never seen the movies, but apparently in his quest for realism in Ninja Turtles, Bay gave them all giant turtle cocks that require them to wear pants. Can you just imagine how that conversation with the costume design/art department went?
>Here's our preliminary designs based the classic character appearances, Mr. Bay.
>Hmm, these are nice, but where are their dicks?
>...Sir?
>Look, we're going for realism here, and in real life, turtles have huge monster cocks they use to fuck lady turtles.
>This is still a kids movie, right?
>Of course it is, it's not like they're gonna make Megan Fox airtight on screen or anything, but we just all need to know they could do that at any moment.
>So... add dicks then?
>No no no, the turtles already have dicks. You've gotta add pants so their dicks don't scare all the children and cause all the mommies in the audience to leave their husbands.
>W-will do, Mr. Bay.

The rest of the afternoon is just the art department guy getting email after email from Bay. Each is a picture or video of erect turtle phalluses with notes like "It's gotta be able to cover THIS." or "Absolutely no bike shorts!!!"
>>
>>84097818
What was clever?
>>
>>84098384
My sides
>>
I really enjoyed Out of the Shadows!
Mostly because I went in knowing it was going to be a mix of "Bay Stupid" and "Old Cartoon stupid".
And I got want I knew was coming.
Plus RnB WAS GREAT!
Felt good aftar all these year.

(And if you dont remember the OG cartoon being stupid, please watch my favorit episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc1GrYO9NkQ )
So dumb but so good~
Kracks me up every time!
>>
I didn't realize this came out already

did they resize the turtles so they aren't 7 feet tall anymore? that's the one thing I just couldn't get past in the first one is how fuckhuge they were
>>
>>84100491
Dont think so but they make RnB even more fuckhuge so its good.
>>
>>84098384
That does sound like something Bay would say.
>>
File: CicQ4WsW0AAlxvC.jpg (36 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
CicQ4WsW0AAlxvC.jpg
36 KB, 600x316
>>84097623
It wasn't a great movie. Heck it's probably not even a good movie. But there were things in it I liked and I did not regret watching it and spending the money.
>>
>>84100491
I think they made a small adjustment.
>>
>>84097623
An improvement on the original at the very least in the sense that it didn't actively upset me and had a comprehensible plot. They did a lot of things right, but those things just didn't have enough screentime. I felt like I was constantly being teased with cool stuff that never delivered. (Shredder looked awesome but did literally nothing, functions of the turtle truck would be shown off then taken away, Krang's design being wasted with the messy camerawork of the fight scene, etc.) Every scene with Bebop and Rocksteady was great but they never seemed to get a proper action scene. Unsurprisingly we really needed more action scenes and less human antics. Though the chucklefucks behind us seemed to get a real kick out of Will Arnett pulling a wire out of a wall for a minute and a half so maybe I really am just outside the target audience.

Also I'm not expecting a top-tier story to go with my turtles movie, but I'd appreciate it if we didn't blatantly have Krang show up to introduce himself and explain the plot of the movie before sending Shredder on his way. Also I can only accept "we hacked this thing" so many times in one movie.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.